blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:46:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Blind on Blind
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blind on Blind  (Read 3088 times)
shipitgood

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2016, 01:49:02 AM »

Two hands, both with Ace 9 blind versus blind, one of the hands is from my perspective the other is from villians perspective.

Hand 1: Hand from partypoker, it's a $22 2k gtee game (6 handed). We are in the money and I am currently 4/12.

It folds to the SB, we have him covered, he jams 18bb we have Ace 9 os in the BB. My gut instinct is i'm not to happy about the situation.

WWYD?

Reads: We haven't especially noticed this player before, it's the first time he has jammed b/b and has previously just folded SB.

Hand 2 is from the perspective of my opponent, SKY MTT (6 handed). I am in the BB with XX

Blinds are 500/1k

SB Opens Ace 9 Suited for a min raise From 17bb, BB has SB covered and sets him all in.

SB calls.

Would be keen to hear any views on these two hands.

Also, is there any decent software or tools to use to analyse these kind of MTT spots?

« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 01:51:21 AM by shipitgood » Logged
WotRTheChances
MinRaiseFTW, WotRTheChances, Quelles_Sont

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 01:53:20 AM »

Hand 1 loving life, calling very quickly
Hand 2 very standard raise-call

try Hold'emResources Calculator
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 01:55:45 AM »

a9 v v v easy call in first one.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 02:02:07 AM »

Thank you both, I felt hand 1 was close as the player was quite tight. Ace 10 being a call, What if the hand was ace 8?
WotRTheChances
MinRaiseFTW, WotRTheChances, Quelles_Sont

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 03:02:51 AM »

Thank you both, I felt hand 1 was close as the player was quite tight. Ace 10 being a call, What if the hand was ace 8?

For A9o to be a fold, villain needs to be shoving only 17%, which is 44+ A3s+ A7o+ KTs+ KJo+

In reality villain can shove (nash) 56%, which is 22+ Kx+ Q2s+ Q8o+ J3s+ J8o+ T4s+ T8o+ 95s+ 98o 85s+ 87o 74s+ 76o 64s+ 53s+
If villain jams nash, as above, we can call 34.5%, which is 22+ Ax K3s+ K7o+ Q8s+ Q9o+ J9s+ JTo T9s

So unless villain is unbelievably tight, it's a very easy call with A9, A8, etc. Depending on my table/the comp i'm in I could advocate folding A2-A5o kinda hands in this spot, but certainly not A9
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 03:05:40 AM by WotRTheChances » Logged
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 03:59:45 AM »

I'd strongly recommend not playing any more tournaments before you spend 10-20+ hours on Holdem resources. It will likely to be impossible to be profitable in a tournament without a basic understanding of how to play with less than 20bbs. It won't take long for you to quickly improve.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
buffyslayer1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2016, 01:41:42 PM »

I'd strongly recommend not playing any more tournaments before you spend 10-20+ hours on Holdem resources. It will likely to be impossible to be profitable in a tournament without a basic understanding of how to play with less than 20bbs. It won't take long for you to quickly improve.

^^^ This for certain though I personally prefer using ICMizer they are both great programs.

Also when playing around with it I would suggest removing some of the top of villains jamming range. A lot of villains will be raise/calling say 77+AT+, KQ etc in this spot so you could widen your calling range further.

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2016, 03:23:51 AM »

I feel like calling a bunch of stuff hrc says for a 18bb jam will be a losing play in a 22 f/o on party as Villain isn't jamming Nash. It can be pretty hard to accurately range players in these comps as they will take widely different strategies. I use their general strategy to try and estimate ranges. For example, I'd estimate the guy shoved Ax, K5s+,q7s+,j7s+ a bunch of suited connectors and then like t8o+ for big cards. I don't think the randoms will shove some of the worse nash hands like 64s/j3s or k2o. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if you could find plenty of people that only jam a sort of 17% tight range here and limp a bunch of other stuff.
HRC is a good program but you will have to do a lot of work on ranging people yourself as HRC uses nash and many of your opponents won't be. You can probably rip 20 bigs blind in most small stakes comps.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2016, 06:35:31 PM »

Around about these buy ins the Nash shoving range, is well off, eg jamming 8 10 off. I just don't think many, if any, would be jamming anything resembling this.

I know a large amount of players, Imo, who wouldn't be ripping ace 7 or 44,55 20 Bb b/b.

At the time I felt ace 9 was close, so did a couple of others I spoke to.

There is a big disconnect here between ranges or perceived ranges (jamming and calling)

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: