blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:36:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Kyrgios
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kyrgios  (Read 4590 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: July 05, 2016, 09:19:24 AM »

Nick Kyrgios reveals: 'I don’t love this sport. But I don’t know what else to do'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tennis/2016/07/04/nick-kyrgios-reveals-after-wimbledon-defeat-to-andy-murray-i-don/

he prepared not with practice but by playing games

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 09:21:33 AM »

Yesterday he competed for the first set

basically threw the second set

half heartedly wandered through the third set

what a waste of a natural talent

he has no coach
no support staff
doesn't like the sport much
tilts like no tennis player i have seen
unpleasant on court demeanor

fancy coaching him?

first step..get him a mind coach?

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 09:34:09 AM »

Nick Kyrgios suffers Wimbledon meltdown at the hands of Andy Murray.  http://gu.com/p/4nnbn/stw

My eyes are open wide
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 09:50:38 AM »

I like him. Preferable to many of the robot like players and good to watch.  To be fair some of the questions he was asked yesterday were nonsense.  Lots of players tank matches when the going gets tough and they feel they can't win as it's an emotional comfort blanket - Kyrgios is just too honest for his own good.
hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 10:26:53 AM »

When I saw him play at Wimbledon 2 years ago I thought he was a future Wimbledon winner. Fortunately he had injuries earlier this season as I was going to back him this year. Now I can't see me ever backing him for any tournament. With his mindset you have a ticking timebomb. What with Cuevas yesterday threatening to pee into a ball tube on court, I am not sure what is going on in the tennis world.

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 11:23:00 AM »

He is great to watch though!
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 02:03:36 PM »

He just gets slated by the Aussie media every single time he loses though. What must that do to you mentally? He must think, my own country doesn't even back me, why should I bother?

Personally I'm always rooting for him. Gutted he lost today.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2017, 02:23:53 PM »

He just gets slated by the Aussie media every single time he loses though. What must that do to you mentally? He must think, my own country doesn't even back me, why should I bother?

Why should he care what the media thinks about him?  It is his job/career/livelihood.  If the local press kept telling me i was a terrible gambler and slated me constantly it wouldn't make the slightest difference to how i run my life and career.  The same should apply to him or just get another job.  No one is forcing you to be a tennis pro if you don't want to do it just quit.  There are hundreds more ready to take your place and work their socks off to win the money on offer.
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2017, 03:34:00 PM »

Why should he care what the media thinks about him?  It is his job/career/livelihood.  If the local press kept telling me i was a terrible gambler and slated me constantly it wouldn't make the slightest difference to how i run my life and career.  The same should apply to him or just get another job.  No one is forcing you to be a tennis pro if you don't want to do it just quit.  There are hundreds more ready to take your place and work their socks off to win the money on offer.

I'd imagine if the Stoke Sentinel ran the headline CLUELESS ARBBOY WRONG AGAIN every time you laid a dog and it romped home, yet stayed silent when a dog you laid trailed home in fifth, it might get a bit grating, no?

Clearly he has a complex personality and he doesn't play the game. eg. Doing it slyly when he tanks points/matches, not giving boring soundbites in interviews. The ban he got for tanking was a joke compared to what goes on every week on the tennis circuit.

He obviously clearly needs a mental game coach desperately. People talk about him so much because there are so little in the way of personalities these days in top level tennis and top level sport as a whole. You are honest and unguarded and you get ripped apart. Far better to just be defensive and sterile with fans and media and count your $$$$ but it just makes top level sport so boring...

I only saw the last set today when I woke up, but Seppi seemed to be playing well. Not sure if he threw it away today from two sets up or his opponent upped his game.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2017, 06:22:26 PM »

I'd imagine if the Stoke Sentinel ran the headline CLUELESS ARBBOY WRONG AGAIN every time you laid a dog and it romped home, yet stayed silent when a dog you laid trailed home in fifth, it might get a bit grating, no?

Clearly he has a complex personality and he doesn't play the game. eg. Doing it slyly when he tanks points/matches, not giving boring soundbites in interviews. The ban he got for tanking was a joke compared to what goes on every week on the tennis circuit.

He obviously clearly needs a mental game coach desperately. People talk about him so much because there are so little in the way of personalities these days in top level tennis and top level sport as a whole. You are honest and unguarded and you get ripped apart. Far better to just be defensive and sterile with fans and media and count your $$$$ but it just makes top level sport so boring...

I only saw the last set today when I woke up, but Seppi seemed to be playing well. Not sure if he threw it away today from two sets up or his opponent upped his game.

I only saw the final set.  Half the time Kyrgios put the ball back into play in a rally, i don't know if it is just me, but he just seems to just half heartedly put it back over the net with no direction or pace to give his opponent the edge in the rally.  His body language just from watching him from behind and not even seeing his face on camera just seems all wrong.

Those headlines wouldn't grate on me because i would simply stop reading the press and engaging in SM.  He has that option.
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2017, 10:34:10 AM »

Good article posted today by Nick:

https://www.playersvoice.com.au/nick-kyrgios-the-battle-raging-inside-me/

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2017, 06:56:02 PM »

Yeah was a very good article.  Cheers

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2017, 07:16:58 PM »

Saw it this morning, but that reminded me to read it.

Very interesting.

Cheers, Brent  thumbs up

bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2017, 09:02:00 PM »

brilliant win by him today in a five setter in the Davis Cup. Say what you like but he does show up in the big matches!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: