blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 02:08:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272772 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Sam: England manager
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Sam: England manager  (Read 6821 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: July 20, 2016, 07:15:34 PM »

To be announced tomorrow. I await optimistic posts..

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Sportshead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 07:51:07 PM »

Not sure people who have not had him manage their team realise just how arrogant he is

Never takes responsibility for anything and always working to his own agenda
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 08:00:22 PM »

I am optimistic that he won't be in the job for much more than one year.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Newportlad

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 08:14:49 PM »

I am optimistic that he won't be in the job for much more than one year.

This is very optimistic, as i'm sure he will be on £6m per year at least until the next World Cup.

FA would have to pay him off if they sack him.
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 08:28:24 PM »

I am optimistic i backed him for the job :-)

I think he'll do reasonably well.  He doesn't care about not playing fashionable football, I can see him not putting up with some rubbish that other managers have. 

For me the problem is the FA. 
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2016, 08:29:58 PM »

Everyone would be over the moon if we played as badly as Portugal, drew every game 0-0 and got to a major final surely?  Big Sam is the man for that for sure.  I like the appointment.  The other way hasn't worked for 20 years after all.  What we got to lose?  Can't be any worse than the joke summer we just had.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2016, 08:42:32 PM »

Can't be any worse than Hodgson who was abysmal.  Think he'll set us up solidly which is good enough for quarter finals in a World Cup and we rarely get beyond that normally even under "top" managers.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2016, 08:44:43 PM »

Everyone would be over the moon if we played as badly as Portugal, drew every game 0-0 and got to a major final surely?  Big Sam is the man for that for sure.  I like the appointment.  The other way hasn't worked for 20 years after all.  What we got to lose?  Can't be any worse than the joke summer we just had.

Arbboy in nailing it shocker.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Sportshead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2016, 09:21:30 PM »

What has he ever won?
Will repeat what he did at West Ham and alienate all fans by telling the media how many crosses his team put in and how they entered the opponents area on 37 occasions after losing 3-0
He is a joke who has worked the media spectacularly well to enhance a reputation he doesn't deserve,kept Bolton in the top division,barely,for a few years with the help of a very generous chairman
Can't believe people fall for the "Sam is always up to date with the latest medical/coaching technology" crap

Will be busy trying to arrange games in Dubai as we speak
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2016, 09:22:44 PM »

Yeah this. So-called top managers haven't achieved sod all. Perhaps it needs someone who just doesn't give a fk about upsetting people.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2016, 09:30:03 PM »

Didn't play the West ham way lolazza did he?   What chance did he have?  Pretty hard to argue big sam wasn't one of the first in the EPL early doors to take on board fully what is considered as standard now off the field prozone/nutrition/mental coaching etc etc as the half time slice of orange was in the 1980s.

What will you ever win if you always manage sides with tiny budgets and small clubs?  Stupid argument.  How much does he over achieve each season points wise compared to what he should EV wise.  Pulis the same.  Will never win anything but always over achieves year after year.  How else can you judge a manager's relative success.  Like asking why a 10p/20p cash game grinder doesn't win as much as Trickett every year playing cash.  Level playing fields required to use that simplistic method one thinks.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 09:32:49 PM by arbboy » Logged
Sportshead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2016, 09:41:14 PM »

Do I have to get the 'lolazza' crap every time I post?

I offered you £1k at evens on ur '1.01 shot' and u and Chompy didn't want to know

Anyway won't bother posting again can't be arsed , and people don't understand why the forums dead maybe should look at how new posters are treated
GL
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2016, 09:42:48 PM »

Do I have to get the 'lolazza' crap every time I post?

I offered you £1k at evens on ur '1.01 shot' and u and Chompy didn't want to know

Anyway won't bother posting again can't be arsed , and people don't understand why the forums dead maybe should look at how new posters are treated
GL

See you tomorrow lolazza.  I haven't posted it for ages.  Forum is flying hasn't been busier for months.
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2016, 10:09:29 PM »

Awful appointment.

Although it's more telling that there's fuck all out there of English talent at the top level. Bruce interviewed as well? Bloody hell is is that bad!?

Blue text
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2016, 10:22:09 PM »

Absolutely.

Devastated Wenger didn't get it... But very optimistic Sam can get more out of a potentiality decent bunch of kids.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: