blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:46:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Boxing question
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Boxing question  (Read 1657 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« on: July 22, 2016, 03:53:31 PM »

Hypothetical.

Two fairly bright blokes (with the caveat that they're daft enough to want to fight) hate each others guts so much that each would like nothing better than to have the opportunity to beat the crap out of the other.

Neither fancy the idea of fighting in the street and risking arrest for GBH, assault etc, and neither wants to be charged with murder/manslaughter if the other other should fall awkwardly, hit his head on a curb and die.

My question is, could they legally go to a gym, put on some boxing gloves and just let rip until one or the other gives best or is unable to continue?

The older I get, the better I was.
Ransom

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 04:03:57 PM »

I mean the gypsy community settle their disputes with a bare knuckle fight, and have done since the dawn of time.

Can't say I've heard of one being nicked unless they do it in a public place around non-gypsies.

If you wanted to do it in a closed boxing gym between two people, then I can't imagine much will come of it if nobody wants to press charges. It might be illegal in the sense that you are committing an assault, but if both agree and it's in a ring with gloves then it would be hard to get the police involved as you can't really claim you were beaten up if you're in their with gloves on too.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 04:05:56 PM by Ransom » Logged
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 04:10:08 PM »

Hypothetical.

Two fairly bright blokes (with the caveat that they're daft enough to want to fight) hate each others guts so much that each would like nothing better than to have the opportunity to beat the crap out of the other.

Neither fancy the idea of fighting in the street and risking arrest for GBH, assault etc, and neither wants to be charged with murder/manslaughter if the other other should fall awkwardly, hit his head on a curb and die.

My question is, could they legally go to a gym, put on some boxing gloves and just let rip until one or the other gives best or is unable to continue?

I think so, though they may have to go through a bit of red tape first. If you are really looking to knock the shit out of someone who looked at your pint the wrong way, google 'white collar boxing', which is what I believe it's called.

https://www.ultrawhitecollarboxing.co.uk/

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 04:11:35 PM »

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 04:19:21 PM »

I mean the gypsy community settle their disputes with a bare knuckle fight, and have done since the dawn of time.

Can't say I've heard of one being nicked unless they do it in a public place around non-gypsies.

If you wanted to do it in a closed boxing gym between two people, then I can't imagine much will come of it if nobody wants to press charges. It might be illegal in the sense that you are committing an assault, but if both agree and it's in a ring with gloves then it would be hard to get the police involved as you can't really claim you were beaten up if you're in their with gloves on too.

Yep, I agree with all that Mr R, but the crux of my question was, would it be legal? Boxers, professional and amateur injure each other every day, it isn't deemed to be assault.

PS- If I ask nicely would you consider using an upper-case G when writing Gypsy please?  (I wouldn't ask if all your writing was in lower case like that lazy bum Tightend).

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 04:22:28 PM »

Hypothetical.

I think so, though they may have to go through a bit of red tape first. If you are really looking to knock the shit out of someone who looked at your pint the wrong way, google 'white collar boxing', which is what I believe it's called.

https://www.ultrawhitecollarboxing.co.uk/

That is interesting Baz, but the red tape kind of kills it.

All Boxers are to have a medical before and after they box.
You must be aged 18 or over to compete
All boxers train together to ensure fairly matched bouts
Bouts contested over 3 rounds of 2 minutes with 1-minute intervals
UWCB Provide 16oz gloves to be worn on fight night.
Full UWCB headgear to be worn.
Groin protection compulsory for males, optional for females.
Scoring by referee
Three standing eight counts in a round will result in referee stopping contest
The referee can stop the bout at any stage if in their independent opinion, the safety of either boxer is compromised.

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2016, 04:30:27 AM »

I would hazard a guess that it depends on the gym owners and what sort of establishment they run. I've been in some gyms where this wouldn't be allowed and others where they would encourage it.
Probs more likely to be allowed to happen in an mma gym
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: