blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:48:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Final table of the deepstack, small blind to a shove
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Final table of the deepstack, small blind to a shove  (Read 2088 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2016, 12:01:38 PM »

7 left

£45k up top

you are 6 of 7 in the small blind with 1m at 40-80k

the shortstack is UTG with 700,000 and shoves. This is his fourth shove in two orbits. Young player, he has stated at this final that he is backed, his staker has claimed his CPP Package for reaching the final and he is not in make up playing live cash.

Your position is complicated by the presence of a talented aggressive chip leader between you (in the big blind this hand) who comfortably covers all bar one at the final

several times you've raised blind on blind into him this final, and he has 3 bet you. You've passed every time and are really hamstrung by being oop to this player

you look down at 

With an orbit before you hit the blinds again, are you reshoving given the dynamics?

payouts are

1 45k
2 27k
3 18k
4 14k
5 10k
6 7k
7 5k

you bought in for £550. estimate 5 of the final seven are in for $22 or $109

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 01:59:40 PM »

Hi Rich

I would pass here, i,d much rather be jamming this hand than calling off. We still have time and can pick a better spot than this.

With the Bb 3 betting you 2/3 times and you have folded every time.

We know he is aggro and competent so don't need to be raising blind on blind with a wideish range - he will be defending / 3 betting and has the benefit of position.

A good adjustment to make is to limp blind versus blind versus this player. If he raises we can 3 bet jam or call.

Just folding very bad hands from the sb versus this player
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 02:35:29 PM »

Folding to a shove from utg. If he was otb or in cut off would rejam

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 11:26:36 PM »

I would call for a couple of reasons

1) live cash grinder is more likely to be jamming too loose than too tight in this spot imo. Against a good online grinder that we can be sure has run the sims I think its a fold, haven't run the numbers myself though

2) With the stacks and seats as they are we're not going to be getting much in the way of super profitable jam spots if the big stack knows his stuff. This changes things massively imo. If we had a couple of spots on our left that are gunna let us take the piss then I would happily fold 66

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: