blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:50:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  K high vs aggro rec 100nl
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: K high vs aggro rec 100nl  (Read 2168 times)
muckthenuts

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2016, 04:06:21 PM »

Playing 3 handed on a euro site. Been playing like 20 minutes and opponent seems to be the loose/aggressive recreational player type. Not quite a whale and had some clue about hand value, and not like stupidly crazy aggro but pretty loose, has a very wide check/calling range e.g. i saw him c/c A7 on QJT and made a couple of flop c/r's which didn't go to showdown. Notably he was doing everything from open folding, open limping, to raising 2x-3x pre.

Eff stack about 105

Reg folds button, villain min raises to $2 from SB
I make it $7 from BB with   

Flop 

He checks, i cbet $9. I just felt i'd lose the pot on a lot of turns unimproved otherwise.

He snap, and i mean snap makes it $39.

My immediate instinct was to call/call off good turns. Even though he was calling 100% of hands pre to my raise idk if he has many 2 pair combos on this texture. Sets probably take a bit of thought and not sure if he'd always bomb them on such a dry board, same with 9x type hands cause he wasn't that sort of player. In game i had a strong feeling he was polarized and likely had something like 78, 57 or a complete airball. But at the same time if im wrong i have K high lol and drawing dead for 100bbs or so.

Don't know why but i got such a strong feeling about this hand. Any thoughts?
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 06:30:22 PM »

The player is eratic and check raising a lot of flops.

We cont bet 964r, and want to call a x raise to 39 with k high?

Firstly, if he is check raising a whole lot otf and we have not seen his cards, we want to be cont Betting a lot less and with a far stronger range.

I don't see how you can continue in this hand, what is a good turn, one that doesn't complete a straight, or only one with a k or q, literally we don't know where we are. Even a hand like ace 5 suited has us in terrible shape.

I would fold as played, check flop in game and 3 bet sometimes pre/ call others versus this villian.

Mostly against this player not going to be bluffing and really going to value town.
WotRTheChances
MinRaiseFTW, WotRTheChances, Quelles_Sont

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 08:33:05 PM »

Definitely 3betting pre, wouldnt ever just flat, so that's good
Not a big fan of the c-bet vs described villain
vs the check-raise anything other than folding is an absolute disaster
Don't think you can go ruling out sets/9x hands vs someone you have basically said is an erratic recreational player
You are 45% against a completely random hand otf and even if he has exclusively 87 or 75 your equity is 51%
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 12:31:32 AM »

Yeah fair enough, both posts obviously make sense. Instincts though Cheesy it just really felt like it could have been the right play in game lol but probably a good thing that i didn't follow through this time Smiley

I stacked him in the very next hand too so all good Cheesy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: