blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:50:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  ICM Spot
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ICM Spot  (Read 4762 times)
shipitgood

View Profile
« on: October 14, 2016, 11:15:11 AM »

[18/09/2016 22:37:59] : Hand from Wed nights Main, 4 players left, we are 2/4, ******* is CL
[18/09/2016 22:38:19] : its like 400k, 300k (me) 100k, 150k
[18/09/2016 22:39:08] : He opens button, 3k6k, 12k, we make it 38k, he 4 bets to 100k
[18/09/2016 22:40:22] : 5 bet jamming range? Would you have a calling range?

A hand from September, it's an £11 Rebuy, 4 players remaining.

Blinds 3/6k. Stacks are bolded above.

Prizes:1st 1.3k, 800,500, 300* approx.

We are in the SB and 3 bet to 38k, over the chipleader buttons min raise he 4 bets to 100k. We fold, but really wanted to rip our hand.

I think he is just putting on ICM pressure. He is a reg. But probs snaps with AA/ KK if I rip:P

Anyone having a calling range, apart from AA? And 5 bet jamming range?
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 11:27:57 AM »

you need to approach the spot from a not from c.

Start at A.

What is my opponents strategy?
With this stack he's likely opening very very wide

What should my strategy be here?
Coming 2nd in the tournament is a great result at this point, the other two stacks need to make a move, we need to play a very defensive strategy.

Every time You fold any single hand you make money.

I would not 3bet many/any hands here and flat something like 98s, t9s, JTs+ Ato, 77+

I may 3bet exploitably with Aa/Kk and obviously all in over the 4bet.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 12:02:08 PM »

The hand...

The other two players are playing passive /tight/ non regs.

Other player is a reg, I used to play them a lot at cash 6 months ago, they are a good /solid player. Strong TAG at cash games.

They seem to have moved over to HU S/Gos/ MTTs, I havn't seen them on cash tables in a while.

I'm not sure if he know's this is a great spot to 4 bet bluff pretty wide. My gut feeling was just to Jam, like straight away I was like "he's FOS and messing about here".

It was the 1st time I had 3 bet him at the FT. I thought his game was probably totally different to how I had remember him, he had maybe worked a lot on his game etc.

In this hand I had Ace X, so an Ace blocker. It was a really interesting hand and is one of the few times in poker I have went against my gut feeling. There was just so much dead money in there. His sizing is also slightly large should be hold a monster, of course it is a total disaster should he wake up with AA/KK.

I folded just because i could grind the 2 shorter stacks /get to HU where i would have a great chance.

While i had a strong feeling he was FOS and despite all the dead money in the pot, I have to pass on this spot.

But just wanted to rip so bad:P

-------------------------------------

Hi Pleno thanks for your response. It's interesting you would have a flatting range here from the SB.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 12:05:31 PM by shipitgood » Logged
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 12:24:21 PM »

Why is this s good spot to 4bet light in your opinion? I think it's an absolutely terrible spot.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2016, 12:25:33 PM »

What AX did you have? Anything less than AT seems like a catastrophic 3bet, at--j likely burning money and aq/ak
Ambitious at best.

Lonohray2

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2016, 12:54:06 PM »

Why is this s good spot to 4bet light in your opinion? I think it's an absolutely terrible spot.

It is if sb is using your strategy, however most aren't and just using the "he's opening loads on the button I should 3b" and if they are 3b a lot of Ax and some 89s it can become a good 4b, as demonstrated here.

With his sizing looks like some AK JJ that's going to call off anyway so i'd be very tight myself jamming QQ+, and, like Pads, not be putting myself in this spot with the stacks as they are.

Flatting big hands gives the option for BB to jam also, he doesn't have any fold equity when you 3b to 38k
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: