blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:03:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Mixed game events EPT Prague Festival at face value
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mixed game events EPT Prague Festival at face value  (Read 21752 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2016, 02:27:35 PM »

Good luck, enjoyed reading this

sola virtus nobilitat
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2016, 02:32:17 PM »

Best of luck today.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2016, 02:37:12 PM »

Started on death table with Adam and a German reg. Adam moved to new table, run good! Now have German reg, older French guy, Martin Stasko and two unidentified Asian guys. I think I gotta be happy with the draw.

One of the the Asian guys and the German guy are regs in the 2-7 cash game that runs in Vienna, the only one in Europe I'd wager. Level of experience of the others is unknown.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 02:49:53 PM by bergeroo » Logged
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2016, 04:15:04 PM »

First break. Back up to start stack after dropping down. Interesting games in that it is kind of dictated to you when you bluff if you end up on river with top pair and/or have seen lots of relevant blockers. I've ended up having to bluff a lot so far and am batting at .500 for them(2/4 I think) which is OK, but my image is somewhat tarnished!

Usual Brits in this. Adam,Benny and Ted.

From my vantage point I see Stato with a nice stack in the main with the bubble just broken.
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2016, 09:14:45 PM »

Busted 12th. 7 paid. I thought I played my best today. Proud of myself. Just loat a couple of gands in a row at the end. Will write more later and do the figures..
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2016, 11:29:54 PM »

Damn autocorrect.

Was a good tourney, very mixed field. Ran well with draws early but worse later. One triple draw hand cost me a lot of my stack when I called it down with 2347, drawing one one each street and bricking each time.

One single draw hand I would change. I open 2358T from co to 2800 at 600/1200 off a stack of 32k. New player at the the table for whom I had  limited info but seemed competent three bets to 9k. I have good stack size to shove but that seems like it would be a spew with no real info on villain. Maybe I should just fold but I have a breakable ten in position and folding just seems superweak and i feel like i will get run over if i play like that, so I called. He pats quickly, so I think I have to break as if I pat then I could have 0% equity. I draw another deuce. He checks quickly and really I should bluff, if I'm going to bluff, this should be the card. I could shove or bet smaller but I just got a really bad vibe.

I think most people over bluff in my position here, I just got the feeling he was going to snap me off but I was struggling in that i didn't have any hands I'd played with him to draw info from.

I still had a workable stack if I give up and yeah in retrospect I obviously wish I'd pulled the trigger as he showed up with a slightly worse ten than I broke.

Felt like a really tough spot and now I feel like I didn't have the heart to fire that bluff. I had bluffed quite a bit previously but he wasn't at the table. His play was very straightforward and exploitable but probably works vs most unknowns.

A bit later on I saw him make a tough/close call with a nine in a biggish pot(where he lost) so that made me feel a bit better. I guess I got a feeling, a tell of sorts that was wrong or maybe I talked myself into thinking I had one as I didn't want to bluff most or all of my stack...
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2016, 02:29:36 PM »

Just wanted to say I've really enjoyed this little sweat.

Good, honest updates make all the difference.

I'm not mad keen on all the "he made a bad call" stuff, but you pitched it perfectly.

Would certainly invest again.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2016, 10:11:41 PM »

Thank you Tikay!

Leaving Prague now.

Figures
Cashes 3560
refunds 880
Total 4440
1% €44.40

I think I need to the bank transfer people to send me their details as I don't think it records where the money came in from on my account. I will do these Monday lunchtime at xe rate.

For the online buy ins, I may have to move money around or get some more money on Stars, there might be a play through requirement for Stars transfers. If anyone can take anything other than Stars (ie Party), then I can probably get it to you quicker. I anticipate it will all be done on Tuesday latest but hopefully long before and maybe I can sort/most all of it tomorrow...

Will write more later. I appreciate it very much that people bought a piece of me.
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2016, 12:43:55 AM »

I can take transfer anywhere, whatever's easiest for you, solid trip, well played.
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2016, 01:24:54 AM »

POWWWWWWWW 10% €444
Tikay 2.5% €111
Longines 2.5% €111
Pads 30% €1332
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2016, 01:57:06 AM »

Will write more later.

thumbs up

Thanks Phill, really enjoyed the updates.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2016, 09:57:04 AM »

Morning Phill,

Bank details sent.

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2016, 12:02:29 PM »

We are in the draw. It is half triple draw, half nl single draw. Looks like the single  draw rounds will play big so I'm strapping myself in!

Sounds an interesting format, What were the blind and ante structures for it? Are they available anywhere?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2016, 12:46:26 PM »

We are in the draw. It is half triple draw, half nl single draw. Looks like the single  draw rounds will play big so I'm strapping myself in!

Sounds an interesting format, What were the blind and ante structures for it? Are they available anywhere?

Hi yeah, actually they just ran the same blinds for each game but with antes in the NL 2-7. Six hands of each. Now of course you have four streets of betting in the Limit Triple Draw and two in the Single Draw, but I still think the Single Draw played bigger because of course you can bet whatever amount you want and go all in, so the blinds should have been a bit smaller. I mentioned it to Adam O at the start and he said "Well Single Draw can play as big as you want it" and gave me a cheeky grin...
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2016, 01:32:45 AM »

POWWWWWWWW 10% €444
Tikay 2.5% €111
Longines 2.5% €111
Pads 30% €1332

MOney sent to POWWWWWW on Party
832 euros sent to Pads on Stars. I owe him 500 which I will arrange tomorrow.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: