blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:32:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Six Nations
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Six Nations  (Read 11743 times)
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2017, 11:08:02 AM »

I wasn't really surprised at how long it took them to work out how to counter that. It's a pretty basic sevens tactic and the sort of thing that all of these players would have come up against in training during their school days yet they looked baffled. Feel like the all blacks would have exploited it after a couple of phases whereas England took 40 minutes. Very naive.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2017, 11:09:34 AM »

It was all a bit confusing to my eyes, not seen a RU game like that before.

I'm not entirely sure what was different to normal, but it was not much fun for a "casual fan" like me to watch.

I watched the Scotland - Wales game on Saturday - now that was most enjoyable.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2017, 11:13:22 AM »

I was at the game and couldn't even work out what was going on, it just looked like a terrible game and performance by England from where I was sitting....
hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2017, 11:26:30 AM »

I think it shows what a mess the law makers have made of the game. It is easier to stop teams playing if that is the intention of a team. In the old days we would have seen 50 yard driving mauls and It aly would have had to put people in to stop that.

Hopefully that match will have put paid to any idea of Farrell captaining the Lions.

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2017, 11:37:37 AM »

I like Farrell as Lions captain (he won't be) but yesterday was a stinker.

one thing it did show is that England lack leaders on the pitch. can you imagine Martin Johnson allowing 40 minutes of that? christ he'd have had the pack smashing them up the gut straight away

listening to James Haskell and his one brain cell try to work it out was excruciating.

full marks to Italy for ingenuity though. 

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2017, 11:45:58 AM »

I thought it was good by Italy, thinking outside the box. They were big underdogs but didn't just rock up and take a hiding, they tried something new. From a "entertainment" perspective, it was a poor game to watch but that won't bother Italy. They are under pressure for their spot in the 6 nations, losing an entertaining game 60-20 isn't going to help them.

From an England standpoint, I did expect them to adapt quicker. It looked to me as if they should have been "picking and going" at a quick pace, as there was no defense where the ruck normally is. They got there is the end, but it didn't bode well for their ability to think on their feet.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2017, 03:34:25 PM »

There wasn't a lack of Italian forwards around the tackler, I think in the early stages anyway, by the end they were just run ragged. Fascinating defence and it really put English backs up. Farrell looked like a cool head to me in previous games but he ran 30 metres to push an Italian forward when the maul was going over in the first half. Proceeds to blast his first 3 kicks wide. He was way too fired up and my heart leapt when I saw the Italian 9 down, although what a ridiculous way to get injured. Points flattered both sides as England ran circles at the end and the Italy 2nd was obviously a joke.

I actually watched this without commentary and really enjoyed it. Might be worth watching again i guess to get the reaction from the commentary though.

Seems like the best no took formed tactic  would be in the opponents 22 but not in your own. Slows the release of pressure and forces an awful box kick angle. I wonder what the spirit of law thing mentioned is. You have to go full throttle with it or what's the point? Red handled things well but fully, seems fine to explain how a ruck is formed. Rule clarification rather than coaching. Anybody impressed by 15.8a? That was the law he recalled.

Another fascinating test for this England side, really enjoyable to watch again.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2017, 06:36:56 PM »

At half time I wondered if Italy hadn't missed a trick by only doing this tactic in the second half. Traditionally Italy have competed fine in the first half anyways (see Wales game for example). If they were within a score then confused the English in the second half, they could well have nicked it.

@fairwaywedge
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2017, 08:18:32 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2017, 10:39:01 AM »

the 100 minute game

first recorded instance of a guy being sin binned in added time and being able to come back on again

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2018, 04:48:24 PM »

What a great weekend of rugby that was. England showing some creative play in the first half and then managing to shut up shop effectively when Wales found a bit of form in the second half, good tight game. Scotland also stopping pissing around like they did last week and finally getting a decent result.

Gonna be a tight six nation sessions I reckon, I can see all the contenders potentially losing 1 game each so it might come down to bonus point and points difference. Looking forward to the rest of it  Smiley
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2018, 05:07:11 PM »

I'm not sure England shut up shop that well. Wales' 2's dropped the ball a lot. Underhill's intervention was exceptional though . Really hope we get Wales 1st XV vs England in Japan, should be the last go under Gatland/Edwards, they have been amazing for Welsh rugby.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2018, 05:16:30 PM »

I've actually been pretty underwhelmed thus far. Very clear post Lions hangover going on.

-England stalling and getting stuck in third gear and Wales too injury hit to capitalise.
-Impossible to read anything into Italy games thought Ireland surely worse off for the Furlong and Henshaw injuries.
-Scotland naive enough in letting  a poor France stay close.

Not a vintage tournament so far.

@fairwaywedge
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2018, 05:27:58 PM »

Well I enjoyed them, can’t beat a tight game. That’s why no mention of Italy.....
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2018, 06:03:38 PM »

I've actually been pretty underwhelmed thus far. Very clear post Lions hangover going on.

-England stalling and getting stuck in third gear and Wales too injury hit to capitalise.
-Impossible to read anything into Italy games thought Ireland surely worse off for the Furlong and Henshaw injuries.
-Scotland naive enough in letting  a poor France stay close.

Not a vintage tournament so far.

Exactly my assessment.

France are playing like they're contractually obligated to turn up. The solution to having an old head coach who's stuck in his ways is rarely bringing in an older one, but here they are with Brunel, Laporte's assistant, for more of the same. All the talk was new system and out with the old. Fooling no one. It's a shadow of the teams from not that long ago and they have a relentless desire to make stupid errors in key moments.

Where Martin Johnson's England lacked discipline and control, Brunel's Bleus are weak. The way to beat them is the same: put them under pressure. The spell on the hour where Scotland just kicked the ball to the France backs and invited handling errors was schoolboy rugby.

The Italy game for the spoon is no gimme.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: