blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:20:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272535 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Live hand Question
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Live hand Question  (Read 4888 times)
chelseaboy

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2016, 03:31:10 PM »

A fairly deep £1 £1 game this week gone...

I had been sat for about 5-6hrs and the game was fairly deep, I had approx £700 behind and villain in the hand below had approx £550. I had been in 1 previous show down hand with the villain where I called an over bet on the river with 2 pair and he showed TPTK. He had an ok table image, bit spewy early on but seemed to have tightened up for the last 1hr or so...

Anyway... hand below

Im dealt QhQd Utg... I raise £8 which was pretty standard raise in the game, guy next to me calls, cut off calls.

We go 3 way to the flop (POT £27)

It goes Check Check Check

Question 1... Do we ever bet the flop? if so how much?

Turn (POT £27)

Check, Check, Check

Question 2... If we never bet the flop, should we bet the turn now? again how much?

River the

I lead out for £31, guy next to me folds, cut off, min raises back to £62...

Do we Jam it in his eye, hoping he has 99, KQ, A6, Q6, K6? and calls?

Do we raise to say.. £165? what do we do if he then shoves for the £550

Can we ever just call in case he has KK, 66?

Thanks in advance for all answers!

muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 04:01:33 PM »

Would check flop. We're going to cooler 6's and get a bunch vs spades anyway so may as well let them stab or catch up on turn.

Turn i'd start betting though. Hopefully someone caught a piece and you can start building a pot with initiative.

River is interesting, firstly i love that you sized pot because people call rivers really wide live! I would probably go ahead and cram it all in and hope he has JT or a weirdly slowplayed 6.

It would be genuinely criminal to even consider folding or just calling on the river btw.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 04:03:36 PM »

surely he can have JT?

Don't have any experience of playing this deep but doesn't going check check and then going mental only get called by another monster?
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 05:00:23 PM »

Checking the flop is fine,  but I think betting will be better,  if they are playing somewhat sensibly then UTG 1 and CO will both have lots of suited hands (spade flush draw) and these are alway calling drawing dead, it's a Q and a 6 suited on the flop too so all the JT 89 78 KT Ax etc spade draws are unblocked.

They also have all the pairs 77-88-99-TT and possibly JJ too again all never folding and drawing dead.

Lots of chance to get money in vs a range that is stone dead. Trapping is fine but in general in line games players tend to be sticky passive, missing value bets but calling far too often and is that type of player you can really exploit in this spot by betting.

When you check twice and then raise the turn, you're basically saying you have AQ beat so you're repping pretty strong, you can put more money in more often by leading the flop imo and you rep a wider range doing so.

As played you should 3bet the river and call a shove 100%, I think raise to £200 or something, looks like he has a good hand, probably isn't KK and Q6 seems unlikely but 99 and JT looks very good. 66 is obv possible but if he has that then you're hitting a Q or getting stacked innit otherwise you're missing a lot of value long term.

chelseaboy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 04:50:35 PM »

Thanks for the answers...

When he min clicks back to £62... I tanked for about 2 minutes debated whether or not to make £210 or whether to shove...

My thought process was that he would call off all hands mentioned and would I be missing a trick by not shoving... in the end I shoved for the lot!

He quickly threw his head phones to the table... asked me... "did you say all in"... I didnt answer the dealer answered and he tabled the dreaded 66!!

Hands been bothering me for a good week now, I dont think there is anyway I can ever get away from it... and im always going to get to showdown, but should/could I have just called the min click back?

In hindsight its just one of those cooler situations!!

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2016, 02:34:08 AM »

Just calling the min-raise would be terrible you defo wont make any money playing like that, these coolers come along and they are invariably expensive, you flopped the second nuts, had 4% equity in the pot and you've done your money, don't worry about not-losing so much that you forget about trying to win!

I think the way you need to analyse this hand is, i) how to we get more money in and ii) how do we respond to a 4bet.

Typically I always tend to go for bigger bets, they dont need to be called all that much to make them +EV, his range looks a lot like JT, 99, 66 and the odd slowplayed 69suited, lets just forget about KK. I think the hand we really want to attack is his JT's, I think this makes up a big portion of his range, your hand looks INSANELY strong (very QQ actually) so I do think you could get some hero folds from JT to a shove, and this would lead me to go for a smaller raise. What size to go is interesting and I think kinda depends a bit on what you wanna do vs a 4bet. If you are never going to consider folding then I'd go £200 or something like that, nothing that raised for value will ever fold and there is the slimest slimest chance that he might bluff over it.

If you think his river 4bet range is almost 100% 66 and want to bet fold then i'd go for a size like £275 where it looks impossible you could fold, I for one would never generally advocate b/folding in such a situation without some stellar knowledge on the player as should you happen to make a mistake here then you have made an insanely big one. You can't trust people not to be losing their minds/misreading their cards/not seeing the board pair and so on so for me I'll keep it simple, raise to £225 then call a shove even though by the time he's done this he's put £550 into a river pot of £27.

Most of the time though he just snaps you off with JT and life's great.

shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2016, 02:23:21 PM »

There's only 1 hand that beats you 66, villain never has kk. Kk would almost always 3 bet pre

It's just a cooler, the sickest cooler there is in poker, almost nut Fh versus quads.

Checking flop or betting is fine. If they call wide bet, if they fold a lot check to let them hit a pair ott.

Deniatly bet the turn, why are you checking? You need to get value at some point!

Otr,  you want to get it all in given there is only 1 combo that beats us.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: