blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 04:03:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273058 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Will kassouf at the final table of EPT Prague high roller
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will kassouf at the final table of EPT Prague high roller  (Read 8042 times)
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2016, 10:13:50 AM »

From what I can see he bought the trophy and title for £10k, says it will be worth much more to him than that in the long term to be the last ever EPT champion. Agree? Seems worth it to me.

I know Will divides opinion for the way he plays however he really is a decent fella and I'm glad he has done as well as he has. Plus when he is back playing the Christmas Cracker this week it will also give everyone hope that he is living proof that anything is possible in this game ;-)

Happy birthday Will.

But if you buy the trophy from second place you aren't the champion?  I can buy footballer medals online but what is the point?
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2016, 10:15:46 AM »

From what I can see he bought the trophy and title for £10k, says it will be worth much more to him than that in the long term to be the last ever EPT champion. Agree? Seems worth it to me.

I know Will divides opinion for the way he plays however he really is a decent fella and I'm glad he has done as well as he has. Plus when he is back playing the Christmas Cracker this week it will also give everyone hope that he is living proof that anything is possible in this game ;-)

Happy birthday Will.

But if you buy the trophy from second place you aren't the champion?  I can buy footballer medals online but what is the point?

It's a bit different as you haven't played in that football match.

I'm guessing he is looking at a sponsorship deal in the near future, so it probably makes sense.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2016, 11:37:28 AM »

Happy birthday Will.

It's a bit different as you haven't played in that football match.

I'm guessing he is looking at a sponsorship deal in the near future, so it probably makes sense.

Not really.   At the end of the day you've got a trophy for something you didn't win.  FWIW I like Kassouf but buying a trophy just seems very hollow and pointless to me.
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2016, 11:59:52 AM »

For average Joe it probably is not worth it.

But Will has gone to work on brand nine high like a boss this year and fair play to him. Make hay while the sun shines as they say.

All the press for "winning the High Roller" more brand exposure is well worth the £10k to Will i would say.

I believe he got something like £10k a day to wear a patch at WSOP.

Look at the following he has on Facebook or Twitter, love him or hate him he is good for the game.

Was playing last night in a local piss up pub poker league who if i mentioned Sam Trickett, Jake Cody, Morrman etc they had no idea. But many of them knew who Will was.

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2016, 12:06:09 PM »

Really wants a sponsorship deal

probably thinks exposure in trade press with a trophy can't hurt that quest.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2016, 12:21:52 PM »

He is, or was, sponsored by superstack? 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2016, 12:28:00 PM »

a "big name" deal with a major.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2016, 12:40:39 PM »

That is just for superstack tournaments.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2016, 12:54:47 PM »

if there was a way to bet on it, I would say that the £10k spent on being champ is impossible to retrieve through sponsorship opportunities he would not have otherwise recieved. I;d actually lay it at 1.01 as it's just impossible. The way for WK to get a sponsorship deal is to be exposed, a winner picture on HSDB and PS-Blog is nothing, he needs to be seen in lots and lots of tournaments, to play in tv cash games etc, and what does he need to do that???

MONEY! So the £10k in cash worth infinitely more than a trophy on his hunt for sponsorship and it's very naive of him to think otherwise - I think to be honest it's just nonsense and he just really wanted the trophy and the funny picture and was willing to pay £10k for it, which is absolutely fair enough because when it's your £10,000 you can spend it on anything you like Smiley

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2016, 01:00:20 PM »

Also - who the hell is going to sponsor Will, he's a cool character and defo an interesting person to have around but I can't REALLY see a poker site wanting to put their name to his antics when they are typically quite disruptive.

Perhaps his best bet is with a DFS site? Given he's naturally going to attract quite a bit of TV attention, and they won't really care so much what the pro's think of him. They won't give a fuck about his £10k trophy either.

I think he should branch himself into the media side of things, which he is kinda doing to be fair.

atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2016, 01:45:35 PM »

Also - who the hell is going to sponsor Will, he's a cool character and defo an interesting person to have around but I can't REALLY see a poker site wanting to put their name to his antics when they are typically quite disruptive.

Perhaps his best bet is with a DFS site? Given he's naturally going to attract quite a bit of TV attention, and they won't really care so much what the pro's think of him. They won't give a fuck about his £10k trophy either.

I think he should branch himself into the media side of things, which he is kinda doing to be fair.

If thats the case then its sofa so good for him...

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2016, 03:02:28 PM »

That is just for superstack tournaments.

Superstack on facebook saying they are leaving The Vic and Will's sponsorship has finished as well.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2016, 03:16:06 PM »

I think will Is odds on to get a sponsorship deal in the next few months. Maybe sooner.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2016, 03:20:08 PM »

I think will Is odds on to get a sponsorship deal in the next few months. Maybe sooner.

I don't want to bet on it, but he seems very good at self promotion from what I have seen.  He spends a lot of time responding to people on twitter, and can't say I have seen him getting involved in any online arguments or other non poker stuff that may put off a potential sponsor.

As others have said, he has a huge profile right now.   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2016, 03:29:13 PM »

I don't want to bet on it, but he seems very good at self promotion from what I have seen.  He spends a lot of time responding to people on twitter, and can't say I have seen him getting involved in any online arguments or other non poker stuff that may put off a potential sponsor.

As others have said, he has a huge profile right now.   

I sat next to him the other week....he spent so much time on twitter etc...I almost played his hands for him  Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: