blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:10:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Internet Poker
| | |-+  Online Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  NY Stake - Week 1 Wed 11th-Sunday 15th.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NY Stake - Week 1 Wed 11th-Sunday 15th.  (Read 8304 times)
shipitgood

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2017, 01:16:07 AM »

Evening!

Next week, I would like to offer a % of 4 £110 MTTs.

£110   19:45   £10,000 GTEE (£15,000 on Sat & Sun), Bountyhunters

I would like to sell approx. 1/3 @ 1.1 Markup. The first game would be Wednesday, with the remainder played by the Sunday. If 4th game is not completed by Sunday, it will carry over to following week.

In 2016 I made a profit of slightly over £10k from MTTs on Sky, Average buy in was just under £10 and average profit was £5.54.

I played this MTT tonight for the 1st time and imo it was really good value, I GG'd just before the FT.

It's open to those who invested in the Christmas stake thread until 7pm Sunday 8/1 in the 1st instance, after that it'll be open to everyone.

To give all games my full focus, i'll not update during play but will do a summary after every session.

For clarity, there is also a leaderboard running with cash prizes for the most bounties achieved over these games, *if* I was to receive any payment through that, it is not included in the stake.

Thanks!

shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 12:14:38 PM »

Slight amendment from op,

Maximum of 30% available for 3 games from this Wed to Sunday. I'll only be playing 3 most likely thu, sat and sun.
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 06:59:23 PM »

I'll take it mate.
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 10:20:01 PM »

Ok buddy, thanks.

This is sold out, i'll send you a pm
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 10:39:12 PM »

Sent £82.50. Gl
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 02:31:41 PM »

Received, thanks. 1st game will be tonight. 10k gtee bh. Sat game has also been made a 10k gtee, presumably because of overlay last sat. Sunday is still 15k
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 11:59:52 PM »

Game 1 = £0

I never had any momentum in the tournament this evening, unfortunately never getting above 6k from 5k starting stack.

Our GG hand hand was 150/300 blinds

We have 5k, Sb Sets us all in we call  three diamonds

He had , 4 on the turn for us to GG.

Next game, can only but be better! and it's the weekend.
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2017, 06:56:40 PM »

Next game is tonight (if you want a rail)
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2017, 11:57:37 PM »

We are in the money with about 13 bigs
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2017, 12:29:52 AM »

Finished 10th for £161.60 + £37.50 Head Prizes=£199.1.

Pretty disappointing, went card dead for huge parts later on in the MTT. I had to tighten up significantly, the BB from my button defended any2 and called continuation bets super light. HAd a position on a nice player then he GG'd to the massive stack leaded who was button on my BB and played well.

I had ~ 30 bb approaching the bubble so was in a decent position, but the dynamics above took my 30k down to 22k, then it was just solid tight ABC unfortunately.

Pretty frustrating night, next game is Sunday.

muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2017, 01:32:54 AM »

Good work mate, well done!
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2017, 01:29:55 AM »

Hey mate,

We busted 4 before the money in tonght's game, but i got £93 in bounties.

I'm super happy with how i played tonight and was on my A game the whole way. Our exit hand was 11bb at 500/1000 in BB with KQos, massive fun time player limped (he was playing close to 100% of hands mostly limping) SB called, we jammed he called with 56 and hut a 5 for us to GG.

The strategy was to make a hand and this guy was going to catapult us on the road to 1st place, sadly it was not to be.

About an hour in this player was on my table, and hitting everything, like getting it in on the turn K5 on KK23 versus KQ and hitting his 5 on the river. There was countless hands like this, he was demolishing the table.  It was  a spectacle to watch.

I got moved table, to a really nice table, where i was able to play afew more hands. It was on this table i picked up my first bounty and then my second, then we got moved tables again.

On this table was our friend above, it was back to play tight and wait for our friend to double us up, unfortunately it wasn't to be instead him GGing us.

He is currently sitting 1st with 14 bounties with a value of about £1k. I really hope he wins, it must be such a buzz for him right now.

From the stake we are slightly under breakeven, there was some nice runs and just unfortunately couldn't quite get a bit further in a couple of the MTTs.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2017, 10:12:28 AM »

Hey mate,

We busted 4 before the money in tonght's game, but i got £93 in bounties.

I'm super happy with how i played tonight and was on my A game the whole way. Our exit hand was 11bb at 500/1000 in BB with KQos, massive fun time player limped (he was playing close to 100% of hands mostly limping) SB called, we jammed he called with 56 and hut a 5 for us to GG.

The strategy was to make a hand and this guy was going to catapult us on the road to 1st place, sadly it was not to be.

About an hour in this player was on my table, and hitting everything, like getting it in on the turn K5 on KK23 versus KQ and hitting his 5 on the river. There was countless hands like this, he was demolishing the table.  It was  a spectacle to watch.

I got moved table, to a really nice table, where i was able to play afew more hands. It was on this table i picked up my first bounty and then my second, then we got moved tables again.

On this table was our friend above, it was back to play tight and wait for our friend to double us up, unfortunately it wasn't to be instead him GGing us.

He is currently sitting 1st with 14 bounties with a value of about £1k. I really hope he wins, it must be such a buzz for him right now.

From the stake we are slightly under breakeven, there was some nice runs and just unfortunately couldn't quite get a bit further in a couple of the MTTs.

He eventually finished 2nd, taking 16 heads from a field of 144 entrants, which takes a bit of doing - both in number of heads taken & then not winning.

He collected almost as much as the winner though, over £2,500.

Great story, as you say, as down the years he has contributed a bob or two.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2017, 04:45:16 PM »

Good effort, I think a win in these is just around the corner. Thanks for the update and the opportunity as usual.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: