blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:45:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Sooooted
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sooooted  (Read 7594 times)
shipitgood

View Profile
« on: January 16, 2017, 01:47:22 AM »

We are in the bb with 10Jsuited.

We have 10 BBs@ 500/1k.

UTG+2 is having a great time limping seeing flops, the vast majority of hands he is playing! He does raise with stronger hands and there is nothing to suggest strong hands are part of his limping range. He is playing a 66BB stack.

On the button is Marc Wright with 22k approx, he makes an iso raise of 3k, sb folds.

Pot is 5.5k and it's on us.

Limpers range is massive.

MW is a professional poker player with quite a lot of success at MTTs, he could also be ISOing reasonably wide.

What would you do>>?

« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 01:48:54 AM by shipitgood » Logged
PathFinder

@AWI_POKER

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 02:28:56 PM »

I would fold and look for a better spot. I don't think MW will be too wide as he's isoing off a 22bb stack vs a perceived calling station
WotRTheChances
MinRaiseFTW, WotRTheChances, Quelles_Sont

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 10:27:27 PM »

Call. Getting a great price and you're going to over-realise your equity as JTs flops so well. Going with it basically whenever we flop equity.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 09:42:26 AM »

Call. Getting a great price and you're going to over-realise your equity as JTs flops so well. Going with it basically whenever we flop equity.

Can you explain what you mean there, please?

I know, broadly, what our equity is & will be, & I'm sure JH suited "flops well". But it's equity is it's equity, is it not?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
PathFinder

@AWI_POKER

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 11:08:38 AM »

My interpretation is that to realise your equity you have to get to the river when you flop something eg straight draw/gutshot/flush draws. Sometimes we don't get to see the river because villain bets us off the pot. But because we are first to act post flop if we hit any kind of equity we can just shove therefore always realising our equity in the pot and the fold equity we get we are over realising our equity.

No idea if that's what meant but seems sounds logic
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 11:10:47 AM »

Ahh, gotcha, thanks.

The 2 statements seemed to contradict each other, but I get it now.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 08:35:10 PM »

Can you explain what you mean there, please?

I know, broadly, what our equity is & will be, & I'm sure JH suited "flops well". But it's equity is it's equity, is it not?

it useful to think in terms of Capture Factor: ie how much of the pot the hand captures on the next street.

some hands don't do as well as their equity share - think about queen-high, or even bottom pair. Often these hands are devalued on later streets or we simply have to fold thus surrendering any equity we have in the pot.

one class of hands however always do better than their equity share and that is draws.

draws may often only have 20-38% flopped equity, but built into that equity is the possibility of hitting our draw. here we have improved to a nutted hand, and strong hands capture 2x the pot+. and as the payoff for draws are often on the river when the pot is biggest, this means draws out perform their equity share. Compare this to a hand like flopped mid pair which may have more raw equity than a draw, but will rarely hit the nuts, will rarely get to bet for value and will often become a bluff catcher where it performs rather poorly.

JTs actually flops incredibly well.

It hits a strong draw + midpair or better 53% iof the time.

If you include gutshots then it hits a hand strong enough to call a 1/2 cbet v most ranges a whopping 62% of the time it sees a flop. and 25% of the time it hits a strong draw, which as we know out-perform their raw equity.

Its a beauty of a hand. Even shallow.

In my games with no ICM and played out in near pure cEV I barely ever fold it preflop.

In a MTT with ICM and antes I have no idea as to the correct play.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 08:41:39 PM by teddybloat » Logged
OgnianMikov
Probation

Blue 4 Life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2017, 11:41:25 AM »

Fold with this stack size, I need like 15-20bbs to advocate a call, even though some may still find it loose especially with another player in the hand still to acts.

Blue 4 Life!
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2017, 12:10:25 PM »

Welcome to blonde og.

I did fold in game.

I considered jamming (!) but it was a bounty hunter and mr Limper did like a good bounty hunt. I also felt mw could be some what wider here than he should be.
diondustbin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2017, 07:34:58 PM »

thought it was a cash game
thought it was TOWIE mark wright

anyway, call
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: