blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:42:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  WSOP 2017
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 41 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP 2017  (Read 106364 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 03, 2017, 09:48:28 PM »

Event 4: $1,500 Omaha High-Low

44 of 905 left

updates at http://www.wsop.com/tournaments/chipcounts.asp?grid=1352&tid=15604

I note that Jim Collopy is second in chips in this event, I have an interesting/funny story about him. He was heads-up versus Gus Hansen for the $10K HU bracelet at the WSOP Europe in 2010. It was held at The Empire and I'd been dispatched to cover the quarters/semi and final for the magazine I worked for at the time. Collopy was being railed by Stephen Chidwick, Dan Smith and Andrew Lichtenberger, amongst others and the final was a best of three. Gus was limping every button and the match dragged on until at 4am Collopy levelled it at 1-1. Both players wanted to play the Main Event the next day, so agreed to postpone the deciding rubber for 48 hours.

During that time Collopy put in a decent amount of practice online playing deepstack HU with Chidwick his opponent playing in the style of Hansen. Two days later the match restarts and apropos of nothing Hansen starts 2x or 2.5xing the button!

Isn't that fairly standard?   Or is he 2xing the button raises.  I have genuinely no idea what is the difference between this and Hansen's normal play.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 03, 2017, 09:50:43 PM »

The team event is a farce. One player played virtually the entire tournament for each of the top three teams, in fact for most of the finalists. Rule-change needed.
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 04, 2017, 01:48:45 AM »

44 of 905 left

I note that Jim Collopy is second in chips in this event, I have an interesting/funny story about him. He was heads-up versus Gus Hansen for the $10K HU bracelet at the WSOP Europe in 2010. It was held at The Empire and I'd been dispatched to cover the quarters/semi and final for the magazine I worked for at the time. Collopy was being railed by Stephen Chidwick, Dan Smith and Andrew Lichtenberger, amongst others and the final was a best of three. Gus was limping every button and the match dragged on until at 4am Collopy levelled it at 1-1. Both players wanted to play the Main Event the next day, so agreed to postpone the deciding rubber for 48 hours.

During that time Collopy put in a decent amount of practice online playing deepstack HU with Chidwick his opponent playing in the style of Hansen. Two days later the match restarts and apropos of nothing Hansen starts 2x or 2.5xing the button!

Isn't that fairly standard?   Or is he 2xing the button raises.  I have genuinely no idea what is the difference between this and Hansen's normal play.

I probably didn't explain it very well, sorry. What I was trying to get across is that in matches one and two Hansen limped every button. Collopy then puts in a lot of practice about how to play against this style. Hansen doesn't know this, but out of nowhere in match three Hansen abandons the limping strategy that Collopy has tried to study.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 04, 2017, 03:59:13 AM »

In the tag team event can DN just play the whole day or does he have to switch?

Why does he have the team mates he has, he could have chosen anyone, why these 3?

I would have declined the opportunity.

They are all in his fantasy team and they wouldn't have played otherwise. This way whatever points he gets he getsx4 which is sick! He will likely win the leaderboard because of this.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 04, 2017, 06:44:17 AM »

Aha, clever :-D

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 04, 2017, 09:15:59 AM »

Upeshka De Silva wins second career gold bracelet in $3,000 shootout. http://wsop.com/n/714

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 04, 2017, 09:17:21 AM »

Official prize pool for Day 1C of Colossus III: Entries: 3,102 Places paid: 466 Mincash: $832

Official numbers for Flight D of the Colossus: Entries: 2,324 Places Paid: 349 Mincash: 833

http://www.wsop.com/pdfs/reports/15605/flight-c-prize-pool.pdf

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 04, 2017, 09:20:06 AM »

Dario Sammartino assumes the chip lead in the 1DropHighRoller with 39 players remaining. Updates at http://www.wsop.com/n/70r

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 04, 2017, 09:20:45 AM »

Jared Hemingway leads the final 7 players in the $1,500 Omaha High-Low

My eyes are open wide
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 04, 2017, 10:20:42 AM »

44 of 905 left

I probably didn't explain it very well, sorry. What I was trying to get across is that in matches one and two Hansen limped every button. Collopy then puts in a lot of practice about how to play against this style. Hansen doesn't know this, but out of nowhere in match three Hansen abandons the limping strategy that Collopy has tried to study.

Ah, now that makes sense.  Thanks.  Hansen probably way better than people give him credit for.   Just played too high.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 04, 2017, 11:25:59 AM »

Joseph 'ul_gg' Mithcell wins 'Little Grind' online bracelet for $122,313. The 1st of 3 online bracelets this summer. http://www.wsop.com/n/715

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 04, 2017, 11:52:41 AM »

Benjamin Zamani captures $1,500 Omaha Hi-Lo 8 or Better bracelet, winning $238,620. http://wsop.com/n/716

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 04, 2017, 11:53:53 AM »

ElkY "Bagged 7million chips and chip lead going into day3 of the @wsop ā¤ 111,111$ #OneDropšŸ’§"

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 04, 2017, 12:59:42 PM »

Take a look at the Colossus Counts spanning from Flight A thru Flight D. http://bit.ly/2qPzYG8

348 so far.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 05, 2017, 08:08:03 AM »

My eyes are open wide