blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:15:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Gas Electric price comparison sites
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gas Electric price comparison sites  (Read 1362 times)
doubleup

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2017, 03:31:16 PM »

I've never bothered changing suppliers due to apathy but with a new rise in the pipeline have decided to look for the cheapest deal.

Anyone have experience of the price comparison sites?  Which ones?  Is switching easy?  Any nightmares?
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 03:55:09 PM »

Used u switch was very easy they did everything and I just signed stuff that turned up and read meters. I didn't choose the rock bottom cheapest, I chose the cheapest that had at least reasonable customer service as some have terrible reviews for that.

Bet you will save 20% at least....
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 03:55:57 PM »

USwitch via Quidco.
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 03:56:38 PM »

Fairly easy, as for best one I am big on OVO.  

Customer Service super good, and you get a pretty good deal if you don't mind submitting readings monthly but if you have a smart meter even better.  And I feel like I am striking a blow not using one of the big six.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 04:57:42 PM »

MSE do the 'cheap energy club' which emails you when your deal can be beaten by an amount that you get to choose yourself.

Seemed pretty decent to me but I've also used Uswitch in the past and that was fine too.

Don't think you can go wrong with any of them really.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2017, 05:28:59 PM »

MSE do the 'cheap energy club' which emails you when your deal can be beaten by an amount that you get to choose yourself.

Seemed pretty decent to me but I've also used Uswitch in the past and that was fine too.

Don't think you can go wrong with any of them really.

I've used this and USwitch and both good, but MSE is better. Plus generally do everything MSE suggests on their website, its awesome.
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2017, 06:27:05 PM »

Customer Service super good, and you get a pretty good deal if you don't mind submitting readings monthly but if you have a smart meter even better.  And I feel like I am striking a blow not using one of the big six.

I was with Ovo for 3 years, excellent company and customer service and pretty much the cheapest for me throughout that period. Last two years they've been over £200 p/a more expensive than SSE and Sainsburys/BG - just too many beer tokens to ignore....
pvas2

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2017, 07:21:08 PM »

USwitch via Quidco.

Absolutely this. Quidco will give you £15 per fuel cash back and uswitch sort most of the hassle of switching for you.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2017, 07:44:04 PM »

Thanks a lot for the replies.  Have registered for MSE for a start.
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2017, 03:58:54 PM »

I was with Ovo for 3 years, excellent company and customer service and pretty much the cheapest for me throughout that period. Last two years they've been over £200 p/a more expensive than SSE and Sainsburys/BG - just too many beer tokens to ignore....

Yeah, my price has gone up this year but I refuse to use BG.  Once my fix is up I might take a look again. 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: