blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 03:13:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272573 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  US Visa
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: US Visa  (Read 1665 times)
aaron1867

View Profile
« on: February 13, 2017, 07:48:06 PM »

So, I need a visa and encountered a problem.

I've just got a new passport, but when making an attempt to change my passport number, it doesn't let me as the number doesn't match with the DS160 number. Does the new passport number mean I have to start the DS160 form again?

Thanks
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 08:38:19 PM »

Think you just need an ESTA Aaron, effectively that is your visa.

Takes about 2 minutes to fill in & costs just $14. Should be approved within 72 hours.

Whatever you do, be 100% truthful & correct with your answers - these people should not be messed with, no ESTA = no flight = no trip.

Here you go;

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 08:43:11 PM »

I can't do the ESTA route no more Sad
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 08:47:38 PM »

Ahh, OK, well I can't assist then.

Good luck.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 11:44:39 PM »

A new passport means a new application for an esta
So I guess it's the same for a visa ?
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 12:29:25 AM »

If you have a valid VISA but it's in an old passport, you just need to take both passports with you. This is standard procedure for those who travel so much that they fill up all the pages in their passport before the expiry date. It would be unreasonable to expect people to re-apply for new Visa's just because they've had to get a new passport.

I frequently see Indian nationals with 2 or more passports rubber-banded together simply for this reason.

If you're unsure, or want to double-check, contact the US Embassy in London - although I expect they're busy at the moment.

Alternatively, I can do the double-check for you tomorrow at Heathrow.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 12:37:13 AM by 4KSuited » Logged
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 12:50:40 AM »

I haven't got a visa at the minute. But I've created an account on the US EMBASSY website with all relevant information but never gone for appointments. However, it has my old passport details on it & ds160 bar code, which have to match. Now, I have a new passport and obviously they need this information and I can't seem to update it on the embassy website! Absolutely no clue what to do, I've phoned them & got an email address, but that can take days. In a bit of a Rush too
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 01:09:22 AM »

In that case, I would start a new DS160 application using the new passport number if you haven't already made any advance payment.

I'll see what I can find out for you tomorrow; although I suspect it will be limited info in view of the fact that it's about the application process.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2017, 01:12:05 AM »

In that case, I would start a new DS160 application using the new passport number if you haven't already made any advance payment.

I'll see what I can find out for you tomorrow; although I suspect it will be limited info in view of the fact that it's about the application process.

Appreciate any help. But I've already made the advance payment & it doesn't let me change any details.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2017, 04:27:44 PM »

You appear to be answering your own question every time you respond to someone's suggestion.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2017, 05:12:46 PM »

Appreciate any help. But I've already made the advance payment & it doesn't let me change any details.

Ok. You need to contact a person at the US Embassy - yes, I know it will not be easy - in order that they can amend your passport number on the application. There's no other way, unless you want to start a new application & pay again.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: