blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:40:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Lions 2017
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lions 2017  (Read 10061 times)
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2017, 05:57:05 PM »

Obv no bookies offer it as there are so many combinations, but what do you reckon you'd get for a specific correct score prediction on Lions game? You'd think they could use the points expectations with some data about frequency of certain totals to do a request-a-bet style mechanic where punter enters their choice and it gives them a (big) price.

Favourite 50/1?

Minimal thought on this so far but my instinct is it's shorter than 50's. Scoring structured and correlated . It's a good question, I need to think more and run the numbers.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2017, 06:02:42 PM »

Obv no bookies offer it as there are so many combinations, but what do you reckon you'd get for a specific correct score prediction on Lions game? You'd think they could use the points expectations with some data about frequency of certain totals to do a request-a-bet style mechanic where punter enters their choice and it gives them a (big) price.

Favourite 50/1?

I would probably happily lay 100/1 the field providing the points total was north of 40 on the spreads.  I am amazed 365 haven't offered this tbh given what else they offer and they have the spreadsheet boys in house to develop a product like this easily.
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2017, 06:03:09 PM »

For example the spreads reckon something like 28-17 NZ tomorrow.

So what price would we expect that vs say the reverse score.

Is it as simple as the price for exact points for each team doubled? Can prob get a rough number for those from the ranges priced up.

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2017, 06:05:13 PM »

Favourite 50/1?

I saw correct score betting on the Superbowl once. It was 100/1 the field. And I think rugby is more random than NFL as the kick after a try is much more difficult than a PAT.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2017, 06:07:05 PM »

Favourite 50/1?

I saw correct score betting on the Superbowl once. It was 100/1 the field. And I think rugby is more random than NFL as the kick after a try is much more difficult than a PAT.

If 100/1 the field was available on a reasonably low total on the nfl then 100/1 the field on rugby is a great lay as key numbers are nowhere near as important.  My biggest ever bad beat in my punting career was laying a correct score winner in an England scotland 6 nations games to the landlord of my local boozer at 25/1!   Total was 45 on the spreads as well so it was probably a 500/1 poke what i laid!  I still have nightmares about handing the money over 10 years on!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 06:15:34 PM by arbboy » Logged
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2017, 06:23:40 PM »

Indeed. Guy at my club wants to back a score but not sure I'd get over the story being retold for the next 20 years if it copped 😳

pressthe8.com
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2017, 06:24:54 PM »

Indeed. Guy at my club wants to back a score but not sure I'd get over the story being retold for the next 20 years if it copped 😳

I still routinely hear this story on a monthly basis (weekly during the 6 nations) for the past ten years!  It was the most incredible £1250 i have ever paid out in my life!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 06:28:42 PM by arbboy » Logged
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2017, 06:59:03 PM »

Just spotted Sky have priced up a bunch of them as part of their request a bet feature. Lowest there is 100/1.

pressthe8.com
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2017, 10:31:47 AM »

A great series.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2017, 10:32:32 AM »

Fuuuuuuucking hell, so near yet so far.....what a game. Draw a bit of an anticlimax after all that  Lips Sealed
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2017, 12:11:02 PM »

Phenomenal performance to draw the series with the world champions after just a month together. What an incredible talent Maro Itoje is - colossal display today.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2017, 12:41:32 PM »

in the three test series the all blacks led for 153 minutes, were level for 84 minutes and were behind for three minutes

drew 1-1

i know the all blacks fumbled three clear chances today, and the poite penalty/scrum call at the end was controversial, but quite a feat for the Lons to burgle a series draw today

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: