blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:17:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Car insurance check
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Car insurance check  (Read 2526 times)
bobAlike

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2017, 11:18:00 AM »

Good people of Blonde. How can you check if a car has insurance without paying for the info?

Ah! The element of surprise
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 11:24:55 AM »

https://ownvehicle.askmid.com/

Accepts any registration number, only to be used for your own car.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 11:47:11 AM »

https://ownvehicle.askmid.com/

Accepts any registration number, only to be used for your own car.

Sorry I should have stated this is not for a car I own. Somebody crashed in to the back of my daughters car and I just wanted to check his insurance.

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 12:36:04 PM »

The askmid site doesn't validate that you own the vehicle, it just asks you to acknowledge that your use of the data doesn't contravene the Data Protection Act.

Whether you would qualify as an agent working on behalf of your daughter/client is an interesting point.

On a completely unrelated subject, I find I'm using private mode more often when browsing.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 01:18:53 PM »

Sorted, thanks. The other car is insured. I wouldn't normally have been bothered but the ID the driver produced was a border control issued one and with all this Trump and Brexit bruha you can't be too careful 😃

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 10:32:01 AM »

It turns out the car is insured but the driver is not. The police have been informed and I have told my daughter to cancel her insurance claim as she has £500 excess and the damage will cost approx. £1k and her premium will go up.

So my next question is - Would you report this c*nt to the Border Agency? This is not about him being an immigrant but it is about justice.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 10:46:56 AM »

Nothing extra will happen unless he is illegal anyway, I would if I knew he was, but if he produced some sort of immigration card (it looks a bit like a driving licence) he is probably legal. Just make sure the police are involved so he gets done for lack of insurance.
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2017, 11:02:37 AM »

If your daughter has already told her insurers it may be too late to stop the impact on future premiums - they will have recorded the incident and if she changes insurer then being asked "have you been involved in any claim OR accident in the last 5 years" is going to pick it up.

If the car was insured but the driver wasn't I'm not sure the other insurer can wash their hands of the claim - I'd be tempted to still push it through my insurer to have it recorded as a non-fault claim. Also ask her insurer if the mib.org.uk would be appropriate in this case if the third party insurer won't play ball.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2017, 11:18:00 AM »

It turns out the car is insured but the driver is not. The police have been informed and I have told my daughter to cancel her insurance claim as she has £500 excess and the damage will cost approx. £1k and her premium will go up.

So my next question is - Would you report this c*nt to the Border Agency? This is not about him being an immigrant but it is about justice.

Justice is a few hundred pound fine and some points on ones license. And the matter is with ze police I think you say. I'd leave it there obv

sola virtus nobilitat
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2017, 11:44:42 AM »

Notification/Non Fault claim will have an impact on future insurance.  Unless existing company has a policy on not loading NF claims. 

Even if the driver isn't insured unless the car us stolen the third party insurer is liable for the damage to your daughter. 

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2017, 02:58:10 PM »

Notification/Non Fault claim will have an impact on future insurance.  Unless existing company has a policy on not loading NF claims. 

Even if the driver isn't insured unless the car us stolen the third party insurer is liable for the damage to your daughter. 

I don't get this, so you are saying that even though the driver was not insured there car insurer would pay up? I find this really difficult to believe.

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2017, 03:58:55 PM »

yeah don't think it is right.  Afaik that only applies if you are insured for motor A and drive motor B with the owner's permission.  Then you usually have 3rd party cover.

Seems like the situation here is simply that he was driving a car without insurance (with or without permission).  The angle I would be going for is suing the owner of the car for the excess, if they gave permission for the uninsured owner to drive.  When everything is clear your daughter could take one of those free legal consultations to look at options.
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2017, 03:59:33 PM »

I don't get this, so you are saying that even though the driver was not insured there car insurer would pay up? I find this really difficult to believe.

Correct. http://www.adduce-services.co.uk/tl_files/Adduce/Uninsured%20Driving%20Article.pdf read the section on Filter 1 RTA Insurer.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2017, 06:38:49 PM »

wow yes plaudits to kmac

The driver is not a named driver or he does not have a licence –
this applies even where the driver is a thief, provided he is identified.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: