blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:47:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  *****"The Official 2017 Golf Betting and Discussion Thread"*****
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 ... 92 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *****"The Official 2017 Golf Betting and Discussion Thread"*****  (Read 198254 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #585 on: September 19, 2018, 04:46:36 PM »

All in on Finau this week.

Been mega consistent, and feels like a knocking ew bet at 22s.

Was very taken with his interview at the end of the last one. Something in his tone and attitude I hadn't seen before.

A little double with Beergarden, over in Portugal who pissed up in this last year and has also been making top tens for fun recently.

I’ve been backing Lucas selectively for about 18 months. I think he’s just a bit short here. I like Thomas Detry, who I think has a similar profile and is about a year behind in development, hopefully exactly one year :-)

I’m sure there’s value in the 30 runner field, hard to weigh up the distraction of the Ryder Cup. I’ve settled for Cantlay and Cameron Smith.

I'm presuming by selectively, you mean mainly when he does well??? aftertiming

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #586 on: September 19, 2018, 07:23:30 PM »

All in on Finau this week.

Been mega consistent, and feels like a knocking ew bet at 22s.

Was very taken with his interview at the end of the last one. Something in his tone and attitude I hadn't seen before.

A little double with Beergarden, over in Portugal who pissed up in this last year and has also been making top tens for fun recently.

I’ve been backing Lucas selectively for about 18 months. I think he’s just a bit short here. I like Thomas Detry, who I think has a similar profile and is about a year behind in development, hopefully exactly one year :-)

I’m sure there’s value in the 30 runner field, hard to weigh up the distraction of the Ryder Cup. I’ve settled for Cantlay and Cameron Smith.

I'm presuming by selectively, you mean mainly when he does well??? aftertiming

Every time I think he represents value. I think it’s fair to say he should have won more than he has.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #587 on: September 19, 2018, 08:34:07 PM »

Yup, but you could say that about them all probably bar tiger.

Had a little on Smith too, seems to be continually overpriced, so has to be value.

Good luck.

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #588 on: September 19, 2018, 08:47:41 PM »

Yup, but you could say that about them all probably bar tiger.

Had a little on Smith too, seems to be continually overpriced, so has to be value.

Good luck.

Not really on the first point, he’s left so many putts <3 inches from the hole in the last 12 months, it’s just a bit of -variance. Being one of the best ball strikers in Europe means we’ll be OK in the end. He was first round leader at Wentworth at 100/1 once though ;-).

I think Smith is legit.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #589 on: September 19, 2018, 09:10:48 PM »

I'm very keen on Brooks Koepke's chances this week as he seems to have the ability to raise his game for the big events.

He's also had a little time to work on his usually excellent putting which had gone slightly off the boil in recent weeks.

I think he's the best player around when firing on all cylinders.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #590 on: September 20, 2018, 08:00:35 AM »

Strangely your cliff man's brother is in the headline group with Serge and Beergarden.

As he is possibly the worst player on tour at the moment, I guess the starter didn't look closely at the first names.......

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #591 on: September 20, 2018, 09:49:50 AM »

What are the chances that I can name my 5 picks & not one of them make the Top 4?

In alphabetical order.....

Finau

Fleetwood

Rose

Wise

Woods

As to today, if I could follow one pairing round the course, it would definitely be Tommy Fleetwood & Tiger Woods.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #592 on: September 21, 2018, 10:34:30 PM »

Having just watched Big Tone finish his round with Casey, it dawned on me,

Is there a player or players who bring the worst out in others?

Who would rank as the player that most people score poorly with when they are paired with them?

Probably a stat not even double up has?

Would be interesting though if there is a stand out.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #593 on: September 22, 2018, 09:53:18 AM »

Is there a stat about players who only raise their game for Majors?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #594 on: September 22, 2018, 04:30:02 PM »

The top two are really solid but Cantlay at 25’s is a bet today. He’s the next multiple major winner imo. This would be a good step forward.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #595 on: September 22, 2018, 06:02:47 PM »

Justin Thomas has been tasked with getting me out of it.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #596 on: September 22, 2018, 08:36:49 PM »

Awesome scenes, awesome.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #597 on: September 23, 2018, 09:58:18 AM »

Tiger was imperious yesterday, an astonishing 6 under on the front nine. It was wonderful to watch.

The course was amazing, too, with the greens being described as "the best we've played on" by many. Maybe The Masters should be played on a course like this than at nearby Augusta, where the greens are ridiculously tricked up. The only major problem was the stifling heat. Don't know if anyone noticed it, but Tiger was wet through with perspiration from head to toe.

Can't recall enjoying watching many rounds of golf as enjoyable as that.   

Click to see full-size image.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #598 on: September 23, 2018, 10:00:50 AM »

Quite the comeback by Tiger, too, which the galleries seemed to love, they really do want the fella to be a force again. He certainly brings some buzz back to the game.

Hard to believe that just 14 months ago he looked like this, after falling asleep at the wheel of his car & being arrested.

I know he's been a bad lad one way & another, but that does not need to be a life sentence, & I hope he'll be around & playing well or a while yet. I do like to see folks who have been in a mess - even a self-inflicted one - get themselves sorted out.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 10:03:08 AM by tikay » Logged

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #599 on: September 23, 2018, 04:57:41 PM »

Been on him a few times this year, but not a dinero on this weekend Cheesy

Really hope he does it, just to see the roars!

Great comeback from where he was, and he obviously loves the game.

Not like he needs the money. Notoriously nitty, to the point of being embarrassing.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 ... 92 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: