blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:55:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  *****"The Official 2017 Golf Betting and Discussion Thread"*****
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 ... 92 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *****"The Official 2017 Golf Betting and Discussion Thread"*****  (Read 195873 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #705 on: February 02, 2019, 02:00:59 PM »

Mullinax pls! (Or JT)

That would make me very happy after Ben Coley put him up!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #706 on: February 02, 2019, 05:18:05 PM »

Mullinax pls! (Or JT)

You must lay out a fortune each week if you bet on every one of Coley's, Palmer's, and Chapman's selections as well as all of your own "cliff" players on both tours.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #707 on: February 02, 2019, 06:10:57 PM »

Mullinax pls! (Or JT)

You must lay out a fortune each week if you bet on every one of Coley's, Palmer's, and Chapman's selections as well as all of your own "cliff" players on both tours.

Don't back Palmer.

And yes, I do!!!

But I have fun!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #708 on: February 03, 2019, 10:40:07 AM »

Sergio disqualified after deliberately damaging greens.

This is something I've never previously heard of, seems he's in hot water big time.

https://www.skysports.com/golf/news/12176/11626033/sergio-garcia-disqualified-from-saudi-international-for-damaging-greens

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #709 on: February 07, 2019, 02:55:22 PM »

I've gone small on Sang-Moon Bae @200/1 ew, and Matt Fitzpatrick @75 in the celeb pro-am at Pebble Beach this week.

It's worth following closely as it's the venue for this year's US Open in June.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #710 on: February 14, 2019, 11:31:47 AM »

Anyone betting on The Genesis Open at Riviera this week?

I'm on Schauffele and Thomas @28/1ew and 14/1 respectively, and of course the mandatory dabble on Mad Kevin Na @280.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #711 on: February 14, 2019, 11:52:57 AM »

I'm on Schauffele and Thomas @28/1ew and 14/1 respectively, and of course the mandatory dabble on Mad Kevin Na @280.

Yes, I've had a few optimistic EW dabbles (7 places), just players I like to follow really;

Speith @ 25/1

Matsuyama @ 25/1

Dechambeau @ 14/1

Fleetwood @ 40/1

Aaron Wise @ 110/1

The main TV coverage is from 7pm on Sky Sports, but "Featured Groups", which is usually the USA TV feed, so without Miss Shriek & Co, starts at 2.30pm, & is generally much better to watch.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #712 on: February 14, 2019, 12:59:48 PM »

The Tour is saying Kevin Na didn’t register despite the fact he’s listed in the field and has been given a tee-time! Very odd situation.

Bryson, Scott and Smith for me. Could be very stop/start with bad weather expected.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #713 on: February 15, 2019, 05:42:51 PM »

The Tour is saying Kevin Na didn’t register despite the fact he’s listed in the field and has been given a tee-time! Very odd situation.

Bryson, Scott and Smith for me. Could be very stop/start with bad weather expected.

Kevin Na is alive and well and even par after one hole.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #714 on: February 17, 2019, 04:36:15 PM »

I've greened out on JT @1.7 for around 20% of my action which feels right to me.

There are still more than 27 holes to play after all.

Thoughts on whether that is correct?

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #715 on: February 17, 2019, 06:12:24 PM »

I've greened out on JT @1.7 for around 20% of my action which feels right to me.

I would always be happy to freefall in this situation but I guess the pros would rather lose the lost Wink

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #716 on: February 17, 2019, 07:42:12 PM »

I would always be happy to freefall in this situation but I guess the pros would rather lose the lost Wink

Freeroll and lot. Grin

apezmonkeyz

View Profile
« Reply #717 on: February 17, 2019, 08:26:54 PM »

From a complete amateurs perspective i like the freeroll. nothing worse than thinking you have it in the bag and then losing the lot. But i know nothing about what the pro's would do.

Also it wont surprise me if there are a few wayward shots later with so much golf being played in the day. I think JB may get closer, and he showed he can go low with an opening 63.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #718 on: February 17, 2019, 08:38:47 PM »

There are only two factors, so we should get the decision right quite a lot. What do we think of the current price? If we had no money invested are we a backer or a layer, the money we already have in doesn’t matter, provided we are appropriately staked for our bankroll. Price/exposure, easy call if we are a good judge of the correct price. He’s too short right now imo.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #719 on: February 17, 2019, 08:50:35 PM »

There are only two factors, so we should get the decision right quite a lot. What do we think of the current price? If we had no money invested are we a backer or a layer, the money we already have in doesn’t matter, provided we are appropriately staked for our bankroll. Price/exposure, easy call if we are a good judge of the correct price. He’s too short right now imo.

That was pretty much it, I thought 1.7 was a bit short with 29 holes left to play so I covered my stakes and took a guaranteed small profit on the event.

I didn't think it was far enough out of line to completely reverse my position.

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 ... 92 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: