blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:09:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Bill Perkins - Staples brothers prop bet
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bill Perkins - Staples brothers prop bet  (Read 7599 times)
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« on: March 29, 2017, 12:07:11 AM »

Bill Perkins has put up $150K to Jaime Staples + Matt Staples $3K.

They have 1 year to get to within 1lb bodyweight of each other.

Jaime weighs 310lbs. Matt weighs 135lbs.

Jaime is obviously hoping to lose a huge chunk and Matt wants to bulk. Interesting he wants to do it cleanly, i.e. not just pile on a load of fat. He has already said he will go dirty towards the end if needed.

Which side of the bet would you be on? 50/1 about right? For the health guys - how achievable is this? In old money, they need to close a 12.5 stone gap!
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 12:15:48 AM »

Jaime has less willpower than me with me in a stripclub/bar/takeaway.

He is massive, so would be able to drop most of that weight in months, but maintaining will be a problem.

Is Matt allowed to juice, or does it have to be natural?

Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 12:27:31 AM »

Jaime has less willpower than me with me in a stripclub/bar/takeaway.

He is massive, so would be able to drop most of that weight in months, but maintaining will be a problem.

Is Matt allowed to juice, or does it have to be natural?

I think the expectation is that it is all natural.

The tough part is they have to weigh within 1lb on the exact day itself. So getting there early is no good unless you can stay there.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 12:31:27 AM »

Well, it's all on Jaime.

Surely he could ditch 10 stone in a year if he put the effort in, but he's greedy and lazy, like me Cheesy

I think Perks will be taking Lara for dinner with their 3k.

Omm

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 12:28:04 PM »

So if you haven't been following this Jaime had just tweeted 7llbs out with 9 days to go. Have been following this all year and they brought in Mike Vacanti a personal trainer to help (Jaime seemed to do much better the times Mike actually stayed with them for days/weeks at a time than without him to a certain extent). However a couple of points:

1) For the life of me I cannot understand why they have left it so close to get within a 1lb of each other? Maybe IRaise or the other lads from the stronger thread can explain the strat behind this?

2) As it stands Jaime still does not have a concrete plan for what he is going to do afterwards and while I understand he should be 100% focussed on the bet I'm actually concerned that he has had this life changing opportunity but it hasn't changed his attitude towards food, he has openly said he cannot wait to eat a pepperoni pizza as the first thing after the weigh in. Just can see him bouncing back if he has not changed his mindset about how he eats food.

That being said this is not the first weight loss bet Bill Perkins has done and he seems to have all the best intentions for the people he bets with and there is talk of another one after were Jaime has to wear a "fat Vest" for a certain amount of time, Bill tweeted about him wearing a vest for the same amount of weight Jaime lost but I think Jaime's reaction said it all. Hope the lads do it, they are streaming the whole day live on twitch from what I understand and they will be at Jason Sommerville - Run it up Reno at the time. The weigh in will probably be worth watching.
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2018, 12:33:58 PM »

So if you haven't been following this Jaime had just tweeted 7llbs out with 9 days to go.

Couldn't the thin one easily eat ~6lbs of food in the last 48 hours?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2018, 12:43:13 PM »

So if you haven't been following this Jaime had just tweeted 7llbs out with 9 days to go. Have been following this all year and they brought in Mike Vacanti a personal trainer to help (Jaime seemed to do much better the times Mike actually stayed with them for days/weeks at a time than without him to a certain extent). However a couple of points:

1) For the life of me I cannot understand why they have left it so close to get within a 1lb of each other? Maybe IRaise or the other lads from the stronger thread can explain the strat behind this?

2) As it stands Jaime still does not have a concrete plan for what he is going to do afterwards and while I understand he should be 100% focussed on the bet I'm actually concerned that he has had this life changing opportunity but it hasn't changed his attitude towards food, he has openly said he cannot wait to eat a pepperoni pizza as the first thing after the weigh in. Just can see him bouncing back if he has not changed his mindset about how he eats food.

That being said this is not the first weight loss bet Bill Perkins has done and he seems to have all the best intentions for the people he bets with and there is talk of another one after were Jaime has to wear a "fat Vest" for a certain amount of time, Bill tweeted about him wearing a vest for the same amount of weight Jaime lost but I think Jaime's reaction said it all. Hope the lads do it, they are streaming the whole day live on twitch from what I understand and they will be at Jason Sommerville - Run it up Reno at the time. The weigh in will probably be worth watching.

It's easy to manipulate 1/2 a stone overnight, so the sweat is over.

Guy has lost over 1/3 of his bodyweight, and I wouldn't have any concrete plan beyond winning the 150k. I've lost 60lbs in the last couple years, and it hasn't changed my attitude to food Cheesy

I don't think he'll bounce, now that he knows how much better his life is, and has a gf etc.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2018, 12:45:22 PM »

So if you haven't been following this Jaime had just tweeted 7llbs out with 9 days to go.

The formerly thin brother is the real MVP, imo. Putting on as much weight as he has over the year has to have been tough.

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2018, 12:50:01 PM »

The formerly thin brother is the real MVP, imo. Putting on as much weight as he has over the year has to have been tough.

How much has he put on?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2018, 12:55:18 PM »

How much has he put on?

Pretty sure it's just over 4 stone now.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2018, 08:06:41 PM »

It's easy to manipulate 1/2 a stone overnight, so the sweat is over.

Guy has lost over 1/3 of his bodyweight, and I wouldn't have any concrete plan beyond winning the 150k. I've lost 60lbs in the last couple years, and it hasn't changed my attitude to food Cheesy

I don't think he'll bounce, now that he knows how much better his life is, and has a gf etc.

True but when these guys lose the weight the dehydration they have often done it before, I know its a load of money, but when you're in that spot its so hard to not drink/eat/keep running/keep sweating etc.

You are right, losing 7lbs isn't a 'huge' amount for people that do it regularly. But even boxers tend do to a dehydration 4-5 weeks out I think to see how much they could lose.

I woulda thought one dehydrates 3.5lbs, one hydrates 3.5lbs.

The most interesting thing will still be the 'after, after' of them both in a years time.

I assume the trainer has a plan/paid for a plan for them to get very close. I am not sure about the rules of weighing, but clothes on/clothes off etc.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2018, 08:07:17 PM »

Still rather gain the weight than lose it Cheesy
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2018, 08:11:45 PM »

Definitely rather gain it, for sure. He was under 10 stone when they started, and has been slinging himself around the takeaways, like a savage!

I wasn't suggesting they would still be 7lbs apart that close, but they could do it if needed. I'm guessing they'll be within a kilo, so that it's easy to do.

Only rules I know of, are that they can't use any PEDs.

The trainer has his own YouTube channel, and used to work with Casey Neistat. Really, really nice guy, and maybe too nice, if that's possible.

Omm

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2018, 08:29:56 AM »

Definitely rather gain it, for sure. He was under 10 stone when they started, and has been slinging himself around the takeaways, like a savage!

I wasn't suggesting they would still be 7lbs apart that close, but they could do it if needed. I'm guessing they'll be within a kilo, so that it's easy to do.

The trainer has his own YouTube channel, and used to work with Casey Neistat. Really, really nice guy, and maybe too nice, if that's possible.

I know that the original goal was to both be at 185llbs but I’m pretty sure they have had to move that to 193llbs as Jaime hasn’t hit what he wanted to. They done a q and a not so long ago and although Matt has been “bulking” he has been doing it quite dirty, they use an app call Mikes Macro’s which is Mike Vacanti’s own macro app and have been working to certain targets for Protien, Carbs and something else.

As well as the food they have had Jaime throughout the majority on a low impact training, in fact mainly walking, I.e he walked nearly 20km of Malta (with Vinny hehehe) the other day. I think for fear of injury from running and some such. Whatever happens it’s been fascinating to watch.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2018, 12:26:37 PM »

I know that the original goal was to both be at 185llbs but I’m pretty sure they have had to move that to 193llbs as Jaime hasn’t hit what he wanted to. They done a q and a not so long ago and although Matt has been “bulking” he has been doing it quite dirty, they use an app call Mikes Macro’s which is Mike Vacanti’s own macro app and have been working to certain targets for Protien, Carbs and something else.

As well as the food they have had Jaime throughout the majority on a low impact training, in fact mainly walking, I.e he walked nearly 20km of Malta (with Vinny hehehe) the other day. I think for fear of injury from running and some such. Whatever happens it’s been fascinating to watch.

He's been doing it very dirty, but even so, to put on 50% of your body weight is tough, even if you're under 10 stone to start.

Think his app is just his own version of MFP, which I use. Good fun, especially on messy days, when you stick away 6k cals Cheesy

I'm surprised mike didn't get him doing more weights, or maybe that's what he'll do once they win the bet.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: