blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:36:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Four shot penalty, are you shitting me?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Four shot penalty, are you shitting me?  (Read 4722 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2017, 12:28:56 AM »

2 stroke penalty would of been fine, she picked ball up and lined the lettering up something i always used to do
but i never had a camera close up on me and millions of viewers checking i was exactly in correct position when i replaced ball

she signed for the score she was under the impression was correct it was only after a retrospective penalty was added that the score card became wrong so that 2 strokes should be wavered

golf rule book needs updating IMHO

It has been - signing for a lesser incorrect score used to mean disqualification.

yeah still out of wack though

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2017, 08:43:45 PM »

Golf is one of the few professional sports where integrity of the game remains a key ingredient. There are regular occurrences of players "shopping themselves" when they've committed a foul - inadvertently or otherwise.

I'd truly love to believe that Lexi inadvertently put the ball back down in a spot significantly to the left of where she picked it up. I just don't buy it though: like pro footballers know exactly where their boots are coming down, there's no such thing as accidentally stamping on another player's arm/leg/head etc. Those guys know exactly what they're doing: I did, and I was just an amateur, lol.

Sure, we didn't see a full view of where she was looking when she was replacing the ball, but she's a professional golfer ffs and are we to believe that she was looking the other way when replacing it? If she could be that careless, then why bother picking it up in the first place?

We can't know what was going on in her head to make her think this was something she should do, but I'm in no doubt it was a conscious placement. For the sake of maintaining game's integrity she needed to be punished with a penalty; but just the 2 shots - 4 was ott.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 08:51:41 PM by 4KSuited » Logged
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2017, 10:06:12 AM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/39496813

Mickelson reckons some players are "intentionally loose" in marking their ball.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2017, 11:50:56 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/39496813

Mickelson reckons some players are "intentionally loose" in marking their ball.

Played with loads of these types over the years.

One guy i used to play with got caught moving his marker by up to 6 feet on long putts when his opponent's back was turned.  I am very sure there have been others in the past that have stolen the odd inch here and there, or just replaced it the right side of a spike mark!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: