blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:08:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Boston, Ma
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Boston, Ma  (Read 1869 times)
4KSuited

View Profile
« on: May 15, 2017, 09:54:24 PM »

In two weeks I spend a long weekend in Boston with a NLH friend. Main purpose is to see Red Sox play Mariners at the fabled Fenway Park, but I'm hoping that the Blonde fraternity will have some top tips about where to eat, drink, do something fund and/or interesting.

I'm not aware of gaming/poker being legal in Ma, but we'd be interested in spending one day on the felt if it was an option (and the weather was crap)

All suggestions - suitable for a couple of middle-aged, young-at-heart, currently single, guys - welcome.

With bated breath,
4KS
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 10:08:11 PM »

I stayed at the Boston park plaza hotel -2years ago
It's a 3 hour drive ew to Foxwoods or Mohegan sun if you want poker
3 hours to cape cod - incred place !
If staying in Boston do the trolley bus tour of the city n Harvard
Plenty of places to eat I only used my hotel bar
The cheers bar is worth a 5 min visit
Some great architecture
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 11:37:44 PM »

I was there last year and actually lived in cape cod for 6 months a looooong while back. Few tips as it's a bit scant in the memory...

They have a standing section at the back of Fenway which is easy to get to for the bar etc, depends if the game or a few ales is your primarily objective. Being stuck in the seats for 3 hours isn't fun if you want a get a few beers in and constantly need a piss.

I can't say there is a stand out place to visit in Boston, there are lots of nice places and old buildings to have a mooch, it's a nice European style city, just have a wander and you will enjoy it.

Maybe a whale watching tour is the main thing that's different? Also there is an abundance of Lobster/seafood on that coast so that's the place to eat it.

Cape cod is very nice, but it's probably too far if you are only there for a long weekend, if you were there for a week I'd say go there.

Also stay away from the 'combat zone' which is the titty bar area, rip offs are abundant.

Enjoy  Smiley
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 02:58:27 AM »

The last stop on the trolley bus tour before Boston city centre is fenway park so dont rush round or go on the tour at lunch time
Noose

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 08:50:57 PM »

Get a couple of Lobster Rolls..... worth it. Sea food is excellent if you are into it.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: