blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:40:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Dan Lowe
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dan Lowe  (Read 14826 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2017, 09:05:37 PM »

Never been able to get my head around this borrowing money business from other gamblers, I'd be far too ashamed to ask anyone outside of my mum (which I've done a handful of times in my life). I'd literally rather live on bread and water than ask to borrow money. If I don't have the means or can't reasonably borrow from legit sources (banks etc) then forget it....
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2017, 09:18:16 PM »

Interesting discussion about usefulness. Upon reflection I only keep the mrs around because she's useful. I mean if she stopped being useful I think that would be the end.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2017, 11:07:47 PM »

Never been able to get my head around this borrowing money business from other gamblers, I'd be far too ashamed to ask anyone outside of my mum (which I've done a handful of times in my life). I'd literally rather live on bread and water than ask to borrow money. If I don't have the means or can't reasonably borrow from legit sources (banks etc) then forget it....

We're not all stand up guys though, I'm in the middle of a long con myself. Around a hundo for Hendo if I keep it going.

I've lent a degen money twice - incidental amounts, I like him because he entertains me when he talks to me like he's my bestie, asking about my family and all, before he moves in for the borrow.

Him aside, I wouldn't lend a penny, especially not to gamblers, nor would I ask for anything but I guess that's just luck that I don't have to.

sola virtus nobilitat
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2017, 11:16:24 PM »

We're not all stand up guys though, I'm in the middle of a long con myself. Around a hundo for Hendo if I keep it going.

I've lent a degen money twice - incidental amounts, I like him because he entertains me when he talks to me like he's my bestie, asking about my family and all, before he moves in for the borrow.

Him aside, I wouldn't lend a penny, especially not to gamblers, nor would I ask for anything but I guess that's just luck that I don't have to.

I remember back in the day when I used to do rather well in gala Notts, one of the regulars came up to me and started asking if I wanted some 'horses' in one of the bigger tourneys coming up there. I literally had no clue what he was talking about and just naively bluffed and said no thanks!    Didn't even occur to me that people had to borrow money to gamble back them, when the penny finally dropped a few months later when hearing a conversation at the table I was wtf! No money, no gamble! 
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 11:22:37 PM by Woodsey » Logged
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2017, 11:24:00 PM »

I remember back in the day when I used to do rather well in gala Notts, one of the regulars came up to me and started asking if I wanted some 'horses' in one of the bigger tourneys coming up there. I literally had no clue what he was talking about and just naively bluffed and said no thanks! Didn't even occur to me that people had to borrow money to gamble back them, when the penny finally dropped a few months later when hearing a conversation at the table I was wtf! No money, no gamble!

Why gamble with gamblers when you have a bullet proof brexit induced pension?  Makes no sense.  Some people have to gamble to eat!  Some people spend half the year on holiday making others jealous on 'where are you now?' freds with their pictures!
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2017, 11:29:34 PM »

I remember back in the day when I used to do rather well in gala Notts, one of the regulars came up to me and started asking if I wanted some 'horses' in one of the bigger tourneys coming up there. I literally had no clue what he was talking about and just naively bluffed and said no thanks! Didn't even occur to me that people had to borrow money to gamble back them, when the penny finally dropped a few months later when hearing a conversation at the table I was wtf! No money, no gamble!

Why gamble with gamblers when you have a bullet proof brexit induced pension?  Makes no sense.  Some people have to gamble to eat!  Some people spend half the year on holiday making others jealous on 'where are you now?' freds with their pictures!

Yup, there is this thing called a job, responsibility and stability mate, I know that might seem like an alien concept, but that's what makes the world turn 
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2017, 11:43:44 PM »

Yup, there is this thing called a job, responsibility and stability mate, I know that might seem like an alien concept, but that's what makes the world turn  

I have a job as well.  I am self employed by choice and enjoy legal tax free income and my choice of working hours/location/choice of holidays as and when i want reporting to no body but don't invest in a pension because there is no tax benefit of doing so.  If you treat it like a business/job you will get the returns from your investment providing you have the talent.  I have never ripped anyone off/not paid anyone/slow paid anyone in my life.  Numerous have me over the years with all the bullshit excuses under the sun.  One famous face from blonde currently still owes me nearly 5 figures for over 2 years after basically borrowing £10k without permission from me by putting bets on for me (i paid on) and deciding when he will return the money he owes me at his pleasure using numerous excuses for why he can't return my initial stake which i paid up front in cash to him and profit from said bookmakers for the bets he put on for me.  Outing him on here doesn't help me get paid so i won't reveal.  Said guy will have 6 figures in equity in his house for sure but can't provide instant payment for a £10k debt and has also had a big 5 figure MTT bink in the same 2 year period and said 'i was staked i didn't see a penny of it' blah blah blah.  He profited from my winning bets on top of having a 2+year interest free loan of £10k without my permission.  If you think this thread was bad there would be numerous people who could start much worse threads about really top class people who are AAA rate supposedly.  I think i am the only person in the whole gambling world who should have a AAA rating.  I have never borrowed from anyone in my life to ever need a credit rating.  I find it incredible how people can hold non cash assets such as houses and think they have no right to liquidate the asset instantly to pay off their debts.  This has wound me up beyond belief to the point where like Dung i will never ever have any involvement again with anyone financially in the gambling game no matter how 'lolbigtime' they are.

Redarmi still hasn't paid the majority staker in his £30k staking deal after agreeing a repayment plan.  He works for poker stars/bet stars and still thinks it is acceptable to work in the game but totally ignore all his debts for over a year to what he agreed to pay.  Again 5 figures owed and no intention to be a man and pay off what you owe but continue to work in the industry and make a living from the game whilst basically robbing people blind with very little intention of ever paying them back.  The game is full of scum.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 12:12:12 AM by arbboy » Logged
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2017, 11:50:07 PM »

Well I hope it continues us to work out for you mate, but as one poster said the other week (might have been lil Dave?) for every person gambling makes it destroys another 20, that's why I've always stuck to what I can afford within my means, because gambling is still fun if it's controlled in the right way......for me anyway....
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 11:52:04 PM by Woodsey » Logged
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2017, 12:12:19 AM »

I have a job as well.  I am self employed by choice and enjoy legal tax free income and my choice of working hours/location/choice of holidays as and when i want reporting to no body but don't invest in a pension because there is no tax benefit of doing so.  If you treat it like a business/job you will get the returns from your investment providing you have the talent.  I have never ripped anyone off/not paid anyone/slow paid anyone in my life.  Numerous have me over the years with all the bullshit excuses under the sun.  One famous face from blonde currently still owes me nearly 5 figures for over 2 years after basically borrowing £10k without permission from me by putting bets on for me (i paid on) and deciding when he will return the money he owes me at his pleasure using numerous excuses for why he can't return my initial stake which i paid up front in cash to him and profit from said bookmakers for the bets he put on for me.  Outing him on here doesn't help me get paid so i won't reveal.  Said guy will have 6 figures in equity in his house for sure but can't provide instant payment for a £10k debt.  He profited from my winning bets on top of having a 2+year interest free loan of £10k without my permission.  If you think this thread was bad there would be numerous people who could start much worse threads about really top class people who are AAA rate supposedly.  I think i am the only person in the whole gambling world who should have a AAA rating.  I have never borrowed from anyone in my life to ever need a credit rating.

Redarmi still hasn't paid the majority staker in his £30k staking deal after agreeing a repayment plan.  He works for poker stars/bet stars and still thinks it is acceptable to work in the game but totally ignore all his debts for over a year to what he agreed to pay.  Again 5 figures owed and no intention to be a man and pay off what you owe but continue to work in the industry and make a living from the game whilst basically robbing people blind with very little intention of ever paying them back.  The game is full of scum.

No idea why the impacted don't just inform his employers with their pristine mega brand of his utter lack of integrity.  Not impacted myself but if this is true I would burn him in their shoes.  Poker punters are bizarre.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2017, 12:15:57 AM »

I have a job as well.  I am self employed by choice and enjoy legal tax free income and my choice of working hours/location/choice of holidays as and when i want reporting to no body but don't invest in a pension because there is no tax benefit of doing so.  If you treat it like a business/job you will get the returns from your investment providing you have the talent.  I have never ripped anyone off/not paid anyone/slow paid anyone in my life.  Numerous have me over the years with all the bullshit excuses under the sun.  One famous face from blonde currently still owes me nearly 5 figures for over 2 years after basically borrowing £10k without permission from me by putting bets on for me (i paid on) and deciding when he will return the money he owes me at his pleasure using numerous excuses for why he can't return my initial stake which i paid up front in cash to him and profit from said bookmakers for the bets he put on for me.  Outing him on here doesn't help me get paid so i won't reveal.  Said guy will have 6 figures in equity in his house for sure but can't provide instant payment for a £10k debt.  He profited from my winning bets on top of having a 2+year interest free loan of £10k without my permission.  If you think this thread was bad there would be numerous people who could start much worse threads about really top class people who are AAA rate supposedly.  I think i am the only person in the whole gambling world who should have a AAA rating.  I have never borrowed from anyone in my life to ever need a credit rating.

No idea why the impacted don't just inform his employers with their pristine mega brand of his utter lack of integrity.  Not impacted myself but if this is true I would burn him in their shoes.  Poker punters are bizarre.

Would they really care?  They have been breaking the law for nearly a decade operating in the USA to gain huge market advantage over their rivals?  Does it get the guy paid any quicker/at all by doing so?  Ultimately that's all he/I would care about.  I couldn't care less about anyone else.

As usual with me i pay instantly Dung as you know.  We had one financial dealing and you got paid in full in cash (4 figure sum) on the agreed date even though we have never met in person and probably never will.  Both of these guys are guys who have never had a 'proper job' and spent their entire working lives as 'lol pro gamblers' for well over a decade.  It is amazing how people who do this day in day out for a living have such disregard for their image.  Do they really think people don't talk behind closed doors about them amongst themselves to other pros?

The majority staker isn't myself just for clarity.  I am fully paid off thankfully.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 12:26:48 AM by arbboy » Logged
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2017, 12:49:36 AM »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/21/tennis-champion-boris-becker-declared-bankrupt/

It happens to the best of them

Not sure what is more made up?  Boris ever being worth £100m!!!!!!!!!!!!lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz or Boris not loving a broom cupboard.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 12:52:31 AM by arbboy » Logged
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2017, 05:23:06 AM »

If you operate in the poker / gambling world, debts just come and go every single day.

You have a close network of people that you are happy to just keep tabs with because you work with them so frequently.

I've got running tabs with probably 30-40 people and some in 3 separate currencies. And probably dealt with 100 more beyond that with no problems. Very very few bad experiences.

I'm like arbboy in that I very rarely borrow myself. I always prepare well for trips abroad etc (where most of the lending happens when ppl are short of USD in Vegas for eg). But sometimes I get in a spot where a game is kicking off and I don't have liquid in that particular casino and a friend does, it's nice to call on a favour.

Or you're on a night out in Vegas and things escalate beyond what you imagined they would and a friend spots you for the next $200 craps syndicate...

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2017, 08:39:37 AM »

Fwiw Matt I don't think you've done anything wrong, I think the point is if the gambler "community" (oh hai Mantis) thinks clubbing together and exposing people who are likely bad debtors is the correct course of action (I'm not saying it's not) there needs to be some sort of line drawn in the sand. I have heaps of £100-£300 debts that I've done someone a favour by lending them and they've just never paid it back. I've also myself in ym early days assively slow paid debts like this, actually a good story I remember from years and years ago,

I owed Salfi (who i know is not popular round here) £400, and my net worth at the time including his £400 was probably £800 - he asked for it back, I had it and didn't want to give him it, and gave pretty poor excuses everytime, after a while he rang me up and was like. Listen, I know you have it, I know you probably don't have more than 2x it behind and you don't want to give it to me, but this isn't has you conduct yourself if you're in gambling and I might be really useful time and time again in the future but as it stands I'll likely not want to do you a favour again. Lightbulb moment for me.

There are times when people are legitimately dangerous to be in circulation un-monitored, as the liklihood they are out to scam people is huge, then, there are people who are young, starting out, a little over their heads and need to be told what's what. Now in this case it certainly seems that the person owed was very reasonable so I'm not saying this is or isn't one of those circumstance. Just saying why it's incorrect precedent to call people out EVERY TIME something like this happens.

The amount should be irrelevant to the inner motive, but it's the real world and it just isn't. £220-500 things like this, if we all did it then there would be 15 threads a day. I think in reality this probably doesn't fall into the category of a transaction that needs outing, if I'm honest, but wouldn't want to dissuade you from posting again about potential scams as a result of this thread.

You only paying back the 400 because you wanted access to more "usefulness" from Salfi and had a lightbulb moment doesn't sound great.  Personally I'd have paid him back because it is the right thing to do?

Maybe my interpretation of integrity is just old fashioned these days and we should just treat it as standard if people don't bother paying trivial 500 pound debts.  The attitudes in this thread have pretty much put me off staking anyone!

Obviously you're right that doing the right thing should be the primary motivation to re-paying debts, that wasn't really the point I was trying to make though, the point I was making was that I was a young 18yr old kid, in over my head, being a dick and Salfi, who is someone who has looked out for me all my adult life, rather than outing me and trying to give me a bad name and make people nervous for the future dealing with me, just sat me down and gave me a good talking too. The main point of his conversation was not that you need to pay people back so you get good credit, it was that being open, honest and reliable in financial matters is not only the correct way to behave ethically, but it's also the way to make sure people will continue to do business with you, which is not irrelevant as an aspiring gambler.

10yrs on I still remember the conversation vividly and learnt from it, since that day I've had a rule that 100% honesty and transparency with financial dealings is the way to go....

"Hey mate, can I borrow £5k until this euro wire gets in on Tuesday?"
"Hey mate, I'm under it can I borrow £5k until I'm back on my feet?"

Two requests, both for £5k. Totally different, in A you're expecting your money back Tuesday pronto no fucking about.
in B you're asking for an extended unspecified period of credit. In both instances the person lending the money knows the situation and can decide if he wants to lend the money or not.

I have borrowed, owed, traded, handled 6figure balances with people and, although I have been a bit slow and disorganised a few times settling things with people but I'd be pretty confident no-one would have a bad word to say about dealing with me financially.

Not saying that the victim in this story didnt try do everything possible and certainly sounds like he's been incredibly reasonable, just saying that this incident doesn't make Dan Lowe a bad person and I suspect what he really needs is a Salfi bollocking and perhaps outing wasn't the best method.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2017, 08:50:59 AM »

Well I hope it continues us to work out for you mate, but as one poster said the other week (might have been lil Dave?) for every person gambling makes it destroys another 20, that's why I've always stuck to what I can afford within my means, because gambling is still fun if it's controlled in the right way......for me anyway....

Yep, that was me. I always get a warm fuzzy feeling when Woodsey agrees with me on something Smiley

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2017, 01:38:16 PM »

I have a job as well.  I am self employed by choice and enjoy legal tax free income and my choice of working hours/location/choice of holidays as and when i want reporting to no body but don't invest in a pension because there is no tax benefit of doing so.  If you treat it like a business/job you will get the returns from your investment providing you have the talent.  I have never ripped anyone off/not paid anyone/slow paid anyone in my life.  Numerous have me over the years with all the bullshit excuses under the sun.  One famous face from blonde currently still owes me nearly 5 figures for over 2 years after basically borrowing £10k without permission from me by putting bets on for me (i paid on) and deciding when he will return the money he owes me at his pleasure using numerous excuses for why he can't return my initial stake which i paid up front in cash to him and profit from said bookmakers for the bets he put on for me.  Outing him on here doesn't help me get paid so i won't reveal.  Said guy will have 6 figures in equity in his house for sure but can't provide instant payment for a £10k debt and has also had a big 5 figure MTT bink in the same 2 year period and said 'i was staked i didn't see a penny of it' blah blah blah.  He profited from my winning bets on top of having a 2+year interest free loan of £10k without my permission.  If you think this thread was bad there would be numerous people who could start much worse threads about really top class people who are AAA rate supposedly.  I think i am the only person in the whole gambling world who should have a AAA rating.  I have never borrowed from anyone in my life to ever need a credit rating.  I find it incredible how people can hold non cash assets such as houses and think they have no right to liquidate the asset instantly to pay off their debts.  This has wound me up beyond belief to the point where like Dung i will never ever have any involvement again with anyone financially in the gambling game no matter how 'lolbigtime' they are.

The person in question hasn't paid me either Arb. July 2015 was our first pm on the subject. *

*I was told the person made a payment, and when the debt was brought up by a third party six months later, I went to check and couldn't find it in my audits.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 01:42:13 PM by rfgqqabc » Logged

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: