blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:33:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272538 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Test Cricket
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Test Cricket  (Read 2359 times)
Noose

View Profile
« on: June 22, 2017, 05:44:24 PM »

Ireland and Afghanistan.... welcome to the club.

What does this do for the future of the game? Is a test championship a viable route now?
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 07:37:03 PM »

Good luck to them-the game needs to spread as far as countries will have it, as it's on the decline here. The ECB's short-sighted, money-grabbing decision to take it off Free to air TV a while ago has harmed uptake amongst youngsters massively.

Just have a look at most England test crowds and all you will see are white faces, most over the age of 25. How much does that represent the U.K. Now?
Noose

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 08:09:45 PM »

Good luck to them-the game needs to spread as far as countries will have it, as it's on the decline here. The ECB's short-sighted, money-grabbing decision to take it off Free to air TV a while ago has harmed uptake amongst youngsters massively.

Just have a look at most England test crowds and all you will see are white faces, most over the age of 25. How much does that represent the U.K. Now?

This...

Hopefully a test championship will contextualize international cricket now.
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 08:28:15 PM »

Isn't it just a shit game?

I don't know anything about cricket but from a viewing perspective its like watching paint dry, give me the 20/20, IPL, Big Bash etc anyday of the week over a test match.  such a snooze fest.
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 10:41:09 PM »

I think the Afghans can be fairly competitive, especially in spin-friendly conditions. Few more batsman to go with Rashid and Nabi with the ball could be interesting I think Ireland will struggle massively, this has come 5 years too late for them.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2017, 10:52:49 PM »

Isn't it just a shit game?

I don't know anything about cricket but from a viewing perspective its like watching paint dry, give me the 20/20, IPL, Big Bash etc anyday of the week over a test match.  such a snooze fest.

Struggling to think any sport is worse than Scottish football.....wankety wank wank springs to mind....
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 11:06:51 PM »

I think the Afghans can be fairly competitive, especially in spin-friendly conditions. Few more batsman to go with Rashid and Nabi with the ball could be interesting I think Ireland will struggle massively, this has come 5 years too late for them.

But KP said test cricket will be extinct in 5 years...lol.  

Would love to see Morgan become the Irish skipper in all formats. I imagine there must be a few decent county players with Irish links who may choose to play for them now, especially as England's side and consistency in selection policy has become a tough one to crack. 15 years ago you wouldn't have blamed them for waiting for their opportunity on the selection merry go round.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2017, 12:31:31 AM »

Good luck to both Countries, game needs to grow worldwide.
Afghan will be good in future but Ireland seem to have gone backwards.
Haven't really looked at it yet but does this now exclude any Irishman in future playing for England?

Personally I love watching Test cricket and it's nuances, but that's probably 'cos that is what I grew up watching as a kid.
Noose

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2017, 04:51:03 AM »

Would love to see Morgan become the Irish skipper in all formats. I imagine there must be a few decent county players with Irish links who may choose to play for them now, especially as England's side and consistency in selection policy has become a tough one to crack. 15 years ago you wouldn't have blamed them for waiting for their opportunity on the selection merry go round.

Doubt Morgan will give up the english ODI captaincy, especially considering the quality of the team he is leading and the potential it has to win a major tournament while he is in charge.
kp24

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2017, 12:22:28 PM »

Doubt Morgan will give up the english ODI captaincy, especially considering the quality of the team he is leading and the potential it has to win a major tournament while he is in charge.

No chance of Morgan going back to play for Ireland,can't see these two sides getting much test cricket just like Zimbabwe don't now
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: