blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:28:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  skysports revamp
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: skysports revamp  (Read 7118 times)
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2017, 11:04:27 PM »

Didn't realise they are separating the football? Assuming I've read it correctly there is the PL channel and then the everything else football channel?

Definitely seems like that. "helping the customers" oh yeah. Of course...

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2017, 12:38:41 PM »

The new Sky Sports channels are:

Sky Sports Main Event - for big live events across multiple sports, including Premier League and Football League footy, Test cricket and more.

Sky Sports Premier League - a dedicated channel with 126 live Premier League matches and football shows.

Sky Sports Football - another 900 live matches this season will appear here, including the EFL games, Scottish Premiership matches and others from leagues around the world.

Sky Sports Cricket - every home England match and domestic cricket coverage will appear here.

Sky Sports Golf - The Open Championship, US Open and many other golfing events will be on this dedicated channel.

Sky Sports F1 - As before, every race, qualifying and practice will be covered in full here.

Sky Sports Action - A new channel for all manner of different sporting activities.

Sky Sports Arena - WWE, NFL, boxing and much more will find this their new home.

Sky Sports News -  Will continue to bring up-to-the-minute sports news.

Sky Sports Mix - As before, will feature the best of sports not likely to appear elsewhere, plus highlights from other Sky Sports coverage.

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2017, 12:39:55 PM »

wonder if i get a discount if i drop the cricket channel

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2017, 09:16:31 AM »

Where is the rugby going?

That's one channel I can ditch pronto.

F1 and cricket in the bin too.

Are there prices yet? Couldn't see them anywhere.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2017, 09:33:17 AM »

I saw £18 a month is going to be the cheapest price, but guess that is only if you take just one channel.  I suspect if you like a broad range of sports, you are going to end up paying near the max.  Suspect you'll only save a quid or so if you ditch rugby and the fight sports.  I think you should save fortunes if you ditch the premier league, but dare say you won't.

I read Sky are going to lose the PGA golf, so guess that is another chann to cross off. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2017, 09:37:16 AM »

It could probably just take the Golf channel. Racing paid by other means.

No point having the footy while AW still in charge......Ive seen it before. Wink

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2017, 09:39:12 AM »

I saw £18 a month is going to be the cheapest price, but guess that is only if you take just one channel.  I suspect if you like a broad range of sports, you are going to end up paying near the max.  Suspect you'll only save a quid or so if you ditch rugby and the fight sports.  I think you should save fortunes if you ditch the premier league, but dare say you won't.

I read Sky are going to lose the PGA golf, so guess that is another chann to cross off. 

Seems like they've lumped boxing in with NFL. Sneaky bastards. Might ditch that and invest in gamepass instead.

I only really watch the majors, but would be loathe to lose them. Depends on the price I guess.

Football and SKY SPORTS News are the only ones I'll definitely keep.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2017, 10:30:47 AM »

From a Sky Website;

The new package of ten channels and an unrivalled schedule of live sport is available for the same price (£27.50 per month), which will remain frozen for 12 months.  Existing customers will receive the new Sky Sports package automatically and the new channels will replace the existing line-up.

For the first time, Sky Sports will also offer something for fans not looking for the full breadth of sports, but are interested in specific sports.  The new line-up is designed to grow this customer base and offers flexibility to subscribe to individual channel packages at a new price.  One channel pack will be available for just £18 per month, two for £22 and three for £26.

Nothing about how much they all cost or all less 1 etc.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2017, 10:36:22 AM »

One channel pack will be available for just £18 per month, two for £22 and three for £26.

Given 3 will cost £26 and 10 will cost £27.50 I don't expect there will be any discount off the £27.50 if you only want between 4 and 9 channels.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2017, 10:49:12 AM »

One channel pack will be available for just £18 per month, two for £22 and three for £26.

Given 3 will cost £26 and 10 will cost £27.50 I don't expect there will be any discount off the £27.50 if you only want between 4 and 9 channels.

That was the implication of what I read.  Unless you only ever watch 1 sport, you pay near full whack anyway.  Would be nice to be able to bin football and save fortunes, but it looks like all channels will have the same cost regardless of the cost of content.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2017, 11:45:37 AM »

That was the implication of what I read.  Unless you only ever watch 1 sport, you pay near full whack anyway.  Would be nice to be able to bin football and save fortunes, but it looks like all channels will have the same cost regardless of the cost of content.

That's what I was hoping for. The NFL package (seemingly arena and action come together)  for say 10 a month. Premier league at 18-20 or so. But yeah seems everything is 18 minimum.

I would like to be able to find out if redzone is going to remain on sky sports mix. The adverts seem to suggest it will be part of the NFL package rather than being on there for free

Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2017, 01:15:33 PM »

Take your point but the £27.50 is only guaranteed for the year it seems - I assume it won't be this price July 18th 2018, but also assume the pricing model won't change much just the costs.
I am also surprised their is not a bigger premium associated to the Football 1 package, still seems all the rest will be subsidising the EPL coverage.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2017, 06:16:10 PM »

Just rang.

One channel pack will be available for just £18 per month, two for £22 and three for £26, or all of them for £27.50

"However, we are able to offer you all channels for £20 if you agree to an 18-month contract."

At the end of it all I'm now paying pretty much what I was before. Incred.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2017, 06:46:21 PM »

I pay a pony a month for everything, and all PPV, too.

I pay my contribution to Tikay's Starbucks fund directly Grin

Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2017, 07:23:34 PM »

Just rang.

One channel pack will be available for just £18 per month, two for £22 and three for £26, or all of them for £27.50

"However, we are able to offer you all channels for £20 if you agree to an 18-month contract."

At the end of it all I'm now paying pretty much what I was before. Incred.

That's interesting... Do you now have more sport though? Was 6 channels before with f1 wasn't it. Now... 8?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: