blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:20:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  skysports revamp
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: skysports revamp  (Read 7399 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2017, 02:04:59 PM »

So you will be able to choose your sports with sky soon to save yourself money, that is unless you watch every sport i suppose
http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-06-28/sky-sports-revamp-to-get-rid-of-numbered-channels-and-cut-prices

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 02:07:44 PM »

Interesting idea depending on the choices. I'm not overly fussed about the Premier league any more. So if I can get a deal on NFL (skysports us or something similar?) that's cheap I'd consider that.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 06:55:57 PM »

Interesting idea depending on the choices. I'm not overly fussed about the Premier league any more. So if I can get a deal on NFL (skysports us or something similar?) that's cheap I'd consider that.

its 2 football channels 1 golf 1 tennis 1 F1 (i presume) and the rest all lumped together (RU RL NFL netball tennis etc etc)

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 07:02:18 PM »

I would pay for just rugby and cricket if the price is right...
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 07:07:08 PM »

From the Guardian's comments section:

"Surely Sky could have been more inventive with its channel selection? Why not put cricket and rugby together - a sort of Sky Sports Public School channel - where the only interruptions are occasional 3 day eventing and Waitrose adverts?"

Cheesy Cheesy
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 08:53:22 PM »

"Surely Sky could have been more inventive with its channel selection? Why not put cricket and rugby together - a sort of Sky Sports Public School channel - where the only interruptions are occasional 3 day eventing and Waitrose adverts?"

Cheesy Cheesy

Grin
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2017, 09:03:26 PM »

they've recently managed to put an end to card sharing - the cheapest, easiest and most widely used way of pirating sky channels. the alternative IPTV needs really solid unlimited broadband and some  technical know how to set up,  not to mention it's not nearly as easy to get things looking like sky with EPG's etc.

sky won't publicly admit that a big reason viewing figures where down for football matches was cracked card sharing boxes being openly sold on ebay.

now they've ended card sharing cheap packages to hoover up their lost market share before IPTV pirating really takes off was inevitable.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2017, 09:20:36 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy

They got me nailed on  Cheesy Prefer M&S though...
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2017, 10:30:06 PM »

its 2 football channels 1 golf 1 tennis 1 F1 (i presume) and the rest all lumped together (RU RL NFL netball tennis etc etc)

I'd be happy with Cricket and nfl tbh so that sort me out

kp24

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2017, 08:44:25 PM »

Interesting I'd only have the football and cricket myself could save me some money
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2017, 09:52:33 PM »

Where will the darts go? I seem to remember reading an article a while ago that said it was one of their most watched sports?
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2017, 10:40:04 PM »

Where will the darts go? I seem to remember reading an article a while ago that said it was one of their most watched sports?

tennis darts wrestling nfl hockey etc will all be lumped on 1 channel not enough darts for its own channel i would suspect

fatshaft

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2017, 11:45:14 PM »

Can we have a Golf, Scottish fitba & NFL channel please?
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2017, 10:43:54 PM »

So looks like...

http://www.skysports.com/relaunch

• Enjoy the best international Rugby Union, Rugby League, boxing, darts, NFL, tennis and more on the new Sky Sports Action and Arena channels

Im assuming they bundle those two together then... And by the look of it Red Zone will be on these. Again I'm assuming it'll be off of sky sports mix which won't be there any more. So will be on pay only.

Apparently 18 quid a month for one channel 22/23 for 2. That is by no means a better deal than previously.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 10:54:58 PM by Cavey007 » Logged

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2017, 10:58:57 PM »

Didn't realise they are separating the football? Assuming I've read it correctly there is the PL channel and then the everything else football channel?

Best Bitter.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: