blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 10:06:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Anybody here skydived?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anybody here skydived?  (Read 3286 times)
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2017, 10:37:08 PM »

Well I'm checked in and ready to go after precisely 0 sleep last night. At least it should be over in an hour or two!

How was it in Cairns? I'm jumping from airlie beach today, over the Whitsundays. Not sure I'll be able to appreciate the view!

It was class! Did it early doors so think we were landed and heading back into central Cairns by 08.30. Remember at the time thinking it was pretty weird that I/we were jumping out of a plane whilst most people were getting up for work.

As you'd expect, really good views over Cairns and the surrounding area. Was a bit cloudy but once you fell through them it was all good. Did the tourist thing and got the dvd package so I have it all captured on film somewhere....

Don't recall being nervous at all in the build up, nor when the plane door opened and the instructor literally hangs you out the side of the aircraft for a couple of seconds. An incredible sensation and something you'll look back on for years and years. Compare that with the build up to the bungee jump, where my legs turned to jelly as I was walking up the steps to the top.

Whitsunday Islands are fucking stunning, can't think of a more perfect place to jump out of a plane. Enjoy!

Might have changed in the years since but remember the guys saying that once that plane has taken off and they start strapping you to their backs, there is a 0% chance you can back out, they just won't allow it and you basically have to do it no matter what excuses you can conjure up.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 10:41:24 PM by hhyftrftdr » Logged

Best Bitter.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2017, 10:50:05 PM »

Well I'm checked in and ready to go after precisely 0 sleep last night. At least it should be over in an hour or two!

How was it in Cairns? I'm jumping from airlie beach today, over the Whitsundays. Not sure I'll be able to appreciate the view!

Best thing I did on airlie beach was have a ride out on a racing yacht for an afternoon, was brilliant!
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2017, 01:11:26 AM »

That was bloody epic. When the door opened I had no idea how I was going to do it. I was right at the back so the last one out, such a surreal thing to just see everyone disappearing one by one into nothingness. Went a tad crazy on the way down, glad I did the tourist thing and paid for the video and photos!

Time for a morning whiskey I reckon haha.

Feed em rice.
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2017, 10:04:29 AM »

That was bloody epic. When the door opened I had no idea how I was going to do it. I was right at the back so the last one out, such a surreal thing to just see everyone disappearing one by one into nothingness. Went a tad crazy on the way down, glad I did the tourist thing and paid for the video and photos!

Pics and vid or it didn't happen

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2017, 10:59:07 AM »

Pics and vid or it didn't happen

Not the greatest quality as I've quickly uploaded it via my phone.

Visibly shitting myself in the initial interview!!

https://youtu.be/DRrmKm_90ng  

EDIT: can't figure out how to fix the video into the post. Hopefully the link works
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 11:01:35 AM by TightEnd » Logged

Feed em rice.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2017, 11:14:34 AM »

Nice one!
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2017, 11:36:46 AM »

Looks great fun, well done

sola virtus nobilitat
titaniumbean