blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:12:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The Open, 2017
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Open, 2017  (Read 13535 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2017, 07:46:36 PM »

The ~£3 I usually have on Kevin Na in these majors @600+ is always great value just for the invariable roller-coaster ride and his ever-furious anti-railers.

All in all great craic - and you never know he might actually win one someday as he is a very talented golfer.

PS.

Richard Boxall Sky commentator/pundit/analyst: Discuss

I think he is truly dire and adds absolutely zilch to the coverage.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 07:50:03 PM by Karabiner » Logged

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2017, 08:23:51 PM »

The ~£3 I usually have on Kevin Na in these majors @600+ is always great value just for the invariable roller-coaster ride and his ever-furious anti-railers.

All in all great craic - and you never know he might actually win one someday as he is a very talented golfer.

PS.

Enough.

Not sure what drives you to aftertime a semi ok bet, that you never mentioned, at all, before the event?  No one cares. Yet you make no mention of the two plums you put up on TFT. Do you want our congrats?  

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2017, 08:25:27 PM »

Followed ppl in on Poulter

I keep backing Casey. One of these majors....

Did Fleetwood on the back of his recent form & home turf. That's working out well.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2017, 08:37:45 PM »

PS.

he's personable enough and not at all conceited imo.  Mark Roe on the other hand......
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2017, 08:42:55 PM »

PS.

Enough.

Not sure what drives you to aftertime a semi ok bet, that you never mentioned, at all, before the event?  No one cares. Yet you make no mention of the two plums you put up on TFT. Do you want our congrats?  

To be fair, he isn't the only one on Oosthuizen.  Lucky some luckbox put up Poulter to save us.

They really should be renaming aftertiming  Ralph took the baton months ago.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2017, 08:50:49 PM »

Boxy is entertaining but his knowledge is pretty poor for a guy working on the Tour for a living! Roe is horrendous.

Interested to see what Bones is like on course.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2017, 09:07:34 PM »

PS.

Enough.

I've spoken of my love for Kevin Na's golf game so many times previously and hardly thought another daft couple of quid was worth a mention.

Do you remember when you used to claim that you lumped on every one of Chapman's winners on the following Monday?

For the record - I always have a daft couple of quid on Kevin Na in big tourneys at huge prices.

Adz you appear to be one bitter and twisted individual judging by your response on here - I hope that is not the case and you simply over-react in print as it's such a trivial matter.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2017, 09:09:53 PM »

PS.

Enough.

I've spoken of my love for Kevin Na's golf game so many times previously and hardly thought another daft couple of quid was worth a mention.

Do you remember when you used to claim that you lumped on every one of Chapman's winners on the following Monday?

For the record - I always have a daft couple of quid on Kevin Na in big tourneys at huge prices.

Adz you appear to be one bitter and twisted individual judging by your response on here - I hope that is not the case and you simply over-react in print as it's such a trivial matter.

How's the course at Arbdale playing so far anyway?   stirthepot
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2017, 09:38:24 PM »

PS.

Enough.

Bitter? Why? I havent posted a couple of losers and disassociated myself from them and then tell the world about another bet to try and make myself look less stupid. As mentioned elsewhere, you have easily surpassed any aftertiming done by anyone else, at any stage. As recognized by others less "bitter"......

Twisted, yeah probably, but f all to do with your posts Wink

As for Boxy, he always has an amusing anecdote to tell, and like everyone else has said, Mark Roe, far worse.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
engy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2017, 10:13:55 PM »

Ty Longines
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2017, 08:45:02 AM »

19 years ago that Justin Rose finished 4th here as an amateur.  19.

I don't know about 5live, but The Open on Sky feels uncomfortable.  Like when one of your mates wears a basball cap the wrong way round, or when some crazy old fella puts on a bizarre multi-patterned jacket and asks how do I look?

There was a Spieth putt ealier where one of the commentators said "he doesn't miss from here", and I found myself celebrating when Spieth missed.  Next they'll be showing test matches on there.  bah humbug.  Maybe I'll get used to it by Sunday.

Anyone else put the BBC on this morning and took 5 minutes to work out why it wasn't on yet?  Just me then.

Tikay, my list is like yours, except missing Spieth, Kuchar and Grace, add in Poults.  Rahm is the best result.

Think we move in the same circles.

Yes, it's nip & tuck between yours & mine.

No idea how I missed Poults, I back him in every Major. Adzy tipped him up at 90/1 iirc, & somehow Tighty was AWOL that day & so Fred missed him too.

Anyway, I'm happy enough with what I have.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2017, 08:47:23 AM »

I'm not at all sure about the tie.

If it were done up properly (& I understand why it is knot....), maybe, but loose like that looks a tad scruffy to me. Not Beef Johnston scruffy, but scruffy enough.

Full marks for trying though.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 08:50:04 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2017, 08:56:30 AM »

Thought the coverage on Sky was much better than I feared, & was pretty good overall. Obviously, Alliss & Brown would be the icing on the cake, but that apart it was pretty good I thought, even Jenny Woodentop was better. She was wearing a proper golf windcheater & looked the part, but then, inexplicably, she reverted to type & donned a cocktail dress & high heels, ugh.

Wayne Riley is excellent, as are both Butch & Claude Harmon, imo.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2017, 09:19:48 AM »

Who have you backed?

Here's my nine, which will confirm my skills as the pre-eminent Golf Tipster on blonde.

Noren

Leishmann

Grace

Oosthuizen

Kuchar

Spieth

Rahm

Chappell

Fowler

Some livewires, some duds......

Noren, who Tighty tipped up in Road to Riches, would be my best result.

Noren -2, T11th

Leishmann -1, T24th

Grace E, T35th

Oosthuizen +8, T150th

Kuchar -5, T1

Spieth -5, T1

Rahm -1, T24th

Chappell +3, T86th

Fowler +1, T52nd

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2017, 09:29:26 AM »

you have 66-1 on Kuchar

always there or thereabouts and might have ok conditions today too

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »