blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:00:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272538 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The Open, 2017
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Open, 2017  (Read 13949 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2017, 08:04:00 PM »

Bloody Nora, just when I thought the Sky coverage was really quite good, guess who is commentating?

I never thought i'd ever be describing the sound of Monty's commentary as "dulcet tones" but when he took Darren Clarke's spot in the booth that's what my ears told me.

Astonishing.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2017, 07:47:09 AM »

Fantastic Open.

At about 3.30 on Saturday it looked like we were in for a hell of a Sunday with all the big boys gathering.

It wasn't to be, and Sunday looked like being a cakewalk for Jordy. However, it produced some real theatre from th very first hole.

I thought both players handled themselves superbly, and Gee Golly, I hope Kooch wins something nice this year.

Also Jordys speech at the end was a tribute to himself and the sport.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2017, 08:04:33 AM »

Fantastic Open.

At about 3.30 on Saturday it looked like we were in for a hell of a Sunday with all the big boys gathering.

It wasn't to be, and Sunday looked like being a cakewalk for Jordy. However, it produced some real theatre from th very first hole.

I thought both players handled themselves superbly, and Gee Golly, I hope Kooch wins something nice this year.

Also Jordys speech at the end was a tribute to himself and the sport.

The whole thing was wonderful, wasn't it?

And in the heat of the moment at the 13th, I had plum forgotten that Spieth had imploded at The Masters last year (?), & it would most certainly have been at the front of his mind "oh no, not again".

Under that pressure, to somehow scramble a 5 there (including his penalty stroke), then go Birdie, Eagle, Birdie, Birdie is simply astonishing.

I felt very sorry for Kuchar, but was sort of left with the impression that maybe he'll be a Nap to finish in Top Tens in these things but does not quite have the game or heart to win one. I'm not sure though, as in many ways, at so many holes yesterday, Jordan seemed to get lucky, & Matt seemed to run bad.

Mr Channing said in his Betting Emporium piece - if I recall correctly - that he was wary of backing Kuchar as he "smiled too much". When I read that, it felt a little harsh to me, but with hindsight, I think I get it now. When things go wrong for Kooch, he still smiles, whereas when they go wrong for Spieth, he gets stuck in  & turns the dial up.

The whole thing was wonderful theatre.   

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2017, 08:07:40 AM »

What a comeback by Rory, too. If he had not dropped 6 (?) shots on the front 9 on Thursday......

The little boy Connelly, the Chinese chap, Mr Li, so many stories.

Thoroughly enjoyable.

And having spent all day watching it "live" on Sky, I then did the same as, according to Twitter, Uncle Ralph, & watched the highlights on BBC.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2017, 08:40:03 AM »

We got to see some sexy trucks, too.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: July 24, 2017, 10:59:10 AM »

The boy Austin Connolly who looks about 12 years old, & weighs bugger all, looks to have quite a future. Not only consummate ability, but an ice cool temperament, too.

Channing should have no qualms about backing him, the cutn never smiles at all.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 24, 2017, 05:46:45 PM »

Was a little surprised to read that the US PGA (in 3 weeks time) will NOT be on Sky, but will be on BBC.

It seems the PGA & Sky had a bit of a standoff during routine contract negotiations, and the PGA took their ball away & gave it to the BBC.

This could also imperil Masters coverage next Spring.

Welcome back Peter & Ken, bye for now Jenny Woodentop. 

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2017, 05:50:01 PM »

The boy Austin Connolly who looks about 12 years old, & weighs bugger all, looks to have quite a future. Not only consummate ability, but an ice cool temperament, too.

Channing should have no qualms about backing him, the cutn never smiles at all.

First few times I read that, I thought you were referring to Mr Channing......

As to Connelly, yes, I get your drift. He's just a boy though, 20, 21 I think. At that age, they very often take things very seriously & have yet to learn the value of smiling. I don't think it is because his head is up his arse.

Worth bearing in mind, too, it was his first ever Major. Do well in that (hello, Justin Rose) & it could change his life forever, big time.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2017, 06:06:34 PM »

Was a little surprised to read that the US PGA (in 3 weeks time) will NOT be on Sky, but will be on BBC.

It seems the PGA & Sky had a bit of a standoff during routine contract negotiations, and the PGA took their ball away & gave it to the BBC.

I think I read somewhere that Sky are losing all of the American golf next season.

It'll probably be on BT sport presented by Michael Owen and Andy Townsend.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 06:08:19 PM by Karabiner » Logged

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2017, 06:25:10 PM »

I think I read somewhere that Sky are losing all of the American golf next season.

It'll probably be on BT sport presented by Michael Owen and Andy Townsend.

I think they wanted a bigger audience...

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 24, 2017, 06:28:59 PM »

Jesus. Thought I'd heard the last of the Bagshot Bigot.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2017, 07:06:35 PM »

Jesus. Thought I'd heard the last of the Bagshot Bigot.

Lovely course Old Thorns.

I shall be spending my 50th there next Jan, with a goodly crew.

Hoping the BB is in town. Wink

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 25, 2017, 12:24:57 AM »

If Spieth hadn't found his ball on the 13th, what would his options have been?

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 25, 2017, 12:58:04 AM »

Go back to the tee - stroke and distance penalty - no other option.

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 25, 2017, 01:18:04 AM »

Go back to the tee - stroke and distance penalty - no other option.

So the geezer who found his ball pretty much saved him the tournament?

Minimum double bogey pretty much, with his head all over the place.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: