blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:10:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Amazon Prime
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Amazon Prime  (Read 2081 times)
bobAlike

View Profile
« on: July 21, 2017, 07:24:04 PM »

The last few items I have ordered or gone to order on Amazon using my Prime account doesn't have the option for next day delivery when ordering on Friday or Saturday, has anyone else noticed this?

Ah! The element of surprise
Ransom

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 07:27:17 PM »

When you ordered did it show a little clock in the corner for guaranteed next day?

When I lived in Cornwall, many miles from a distribution centre I often had to order before 11am for next day on the weekend. One minute over used to lead to me getting my parcel midweek.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 07:33:09 PM »

There has always ben a timer saying order before xxx and get next day etc.. but l was on PC just after midnight trying to order something and Monday was the earliest delivery day. Thought this was strange and then tried to order a variety of different products and till the same issue. I even had to double check my prime membership hadn't expired.

Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 08:24:54 PM »

Might be item dependant, I recently ordered something on Saturday afternoon and it was delivered by 11am Sunday

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

Ransom

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 08:42:29 PM »

Might be item dependant, I recently ordered something on Saturday afternoon and it was delivered by 11am Sunday

This is a good point actually.

My books usually show up next day. Generally any media like Xbox games or dvds show up quickly. Electronic parts take a while longer on prime.

I guess the rule is if it can be made in China, expect a wait because it's probably being dropshipped from Shenzen.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 08:46:42 PM »

Think it's stuff that Amazon fulfill which falls under Prime deliveries.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2017, 08:56:44 PM »

I tried to get a laptop there a couple of weeks ago and they couldn't do next day.  So I went with AO instead, as they said they could.  Ironically after I had paid, there was no delivery slot for the next day, and the only slot the day after was a time I was already supposed to be somewhere else.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2017, 09:32:48 PM »

It will be this. I live near one of the biggest fulfilment centres so almost everything arrives next day and a lot of have the option for within two hours, but I ordered something quite obscure the other day and it was two days, even though prime.

I fucking love amazon prime, their TV package is great (just got every seinfeld in) and I read kindle books so I get loads of credits when I do that 'no rush' bonus thingy.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2017, 12:13:16 AM »

Everything I looked at was not available for next day delivery. Been doing a bit of limited research and apparently this has been going on for a short while now with many people stating the same. Hope it is not leading the way for slowly stopping the next day option.

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2017, 11:53:24 AM »

"42 orders placed in past six months"

Think we need Prime Anonymous - Bottega Gold Prosecco Sparkling Wine 20cl Miniature and Joseph Joseph Rota Folding Knife Sharpener and Honer ordered yesterday and delivered this morning.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2017, 10:43:28 AM »

I use my Prime a lot.  Most things are delivered the next day. I even had an iphone cable delivered the same day last week, how good is that? 

TV stuff is brilliant too, love my Fire TV.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: