blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:47:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Blonde FPL Draft Leagues 2017/18
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde FPL Draft Leagues 2017/18  (Read 18168 times)
RobM

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 11, 2018, 02:06:46 AM »

A top of the table clash between Average and Shut the Window this weekend could decide the destiny of the title. Average continues to crush the H2H Brunson League, gonna have to get some tips from that manager! Fortunately, he didn't pay an entry fee so is ineligible for prizes.

The Classic is mine to lose and Kolpak looks safe in second, but with a double gameweek and GW38 madness to come, who knows.

£90/£50 payouts for first and second in both leagues with seven entrants in each.

Sane, Fernandinho and a couple of Man U clean sheets scaped me over the line to just beat the average! Was worried after the first round of games that saw me quite a lot behind with others showing bench points due to come into play too. Still hopeful I can get ahead of average to finish but need a little help from Stephen and to win my final game to get there. Flip side is I can still be caught by Gareth in the final week! Have to be honest i’ll be gutted if I fall at the final hurdle with that goal difference and after bricking everything in the main FPL this season - 4 top 20k finishes in a row followed by a 400k+ finish! Shocker!

Had a good week in the Brunson classic too but 12 points off 2nd likely a little too much to claw back in the final game week.

Personally really enjoyed the draft format overall - ir’s My first experience of it and it’s kept my attention with the transfer system etc. Let’s hope a few teams load up on more attacking prowess for next season as it seems decent striker points are hard to come by!
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 11, 2018, 11:56:06 AM »

You had a fantastic week, all but secured the H2H title given you're playing a dead team in your last match. But, this is draft and anything could happen.

The teamsheets for the last game of the season always throw up some surprises, 12 points is definitely doable but with Kolpak having Salah, Firmino and Jesus it's very much advantage to him.

I've enjoyed draft again and the FPL interface has got better as the season has gone along. I'll almost certainly be running a World Cup draft on the same site I ran Draft leagues for Euro 2016/2016-17 FPL season.

One tweak I may consider for next season is running shorter leagues, over on FISO I've played in draft leagues where the season is only 10 weeks long, it definitely helps keep interest and there was promotion/relegation between leagues too. One to ponder during the off season anyway.

I also think H2H works better for draft than the Classic format.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 11:58:28 AM by dino1980 » Logged
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 12, 2018, 11:59:36 PM »

i have really enjoyed the leagues this year though i am thinking we need atleast 8 players in a league

also would prefer it if we could have bigger rosters say 18 players with 3 wildcard spots to make trading more of an option

yeah totally prefer the H2H league cause even after a bad start you just need a run of games to get back into it though maybe not as bad a start as i had in the ivey with 1 win in 10 and 2 in 14, losing my first 7 matches

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Noose

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2018, 07:27:24 PM »

You had a fantastic week, all but secured the H2H title given you're playing a dead team in your last match. But, this is draft and anything could happen.

The teamsheets for the last game of the season always throw up some surprises, 12 points is definitely doable but with Kolpak having Salah, Firmino and Jesus it's very much advantage to him.

I've enjoyed draft again and the FPL interface has got better as the season has gone along. I'll almost certainly be running a World Cup draft on the same site I ran Draft leagues for Euro 2016/2016-17 FPL season.

One tweak I may consider for next season is running shorter leagues, over on FISO I've played in draft leagues where the season is only 10 weeks long, it definitely helps keep interest and there was promotion/relegation between leagues too. One to ponder during the off season anyway.

Would you be running a blonde league for the world cup?
kp24

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 15, 2018, 03:11:41 PM »

I enjoyed both tbh I think the h2h format gives it a more an element of luck it reminds me of old days of playing fantasy league happy to go again next season
Gazza

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 19, 2018, 07:31:40 AM »

i have really enjoyed the leagues this year though i am thinking we need atleast 8 players in a league

also would prefer it if we could have bigger rosters say 18 players with 3 wildcard spots to make trading more of an option

yeah totally prefer the H2H league cause even after a bad start you just need a run of games to get back into it though maybe not as bad a start as i had in the ivey with 1 win in 10 and 2 in 14, losing my first 7 matches

I enjoyed it too, definitely play again next year.  I actually think fewer players would be better., more legitimate big hitters to go around and trades would be more interesting.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: