blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:34:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Toast!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Toast!  (Read 5126 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2017, 04:51:19 PM »

I like A if I put it in the toaster once and I on the second pass.  If there was a J, that would be the one.

I assumed everybody must like it like this way.

signed

Every hotel catering manager.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2017, 05:00:10 PM »

I like A if I put it in the toaster once and I on the second pass.  If there was a J, that would be the one.

signed

All those hotel toasters have a belt speed adjuster on the front. Turn it down a bit and one pass will be enough.

The older I get, the better I was.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2017, 05:11:05 PM »

signed

All those hotel toasters have a belt speed adjuster on the front. Turn it down a bit and one pass will be enough.

No no no no no no no no.

No.

Those should be set so it takes two passes to toast properly.

1) Some people aren't looking to make toast, perhaps they're just warming up a piece of soda bread or a scone.

2) Those machines can be uneven in their heat distribution, so on the second pass you turn the bread around so it gets done evenly.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2017, 05:15:42 PM »

signed

You often have a sweat as to whether it burns it on the second pass and the machine ends up billowing out smoke, thats happened to me a few times, I always push it as far forward as I dare on second pass to make sure that doesn't happen now.
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2017, 06:03:14 PM »

G or H
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2017, 06:48:32 PM »

G please

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2017, 07:08:04 PM »

signed

So you are the bugger that keeps interfering with the toaster settings?

LEAVE IT ALONE

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2017, 07:52:54 PM »

I hadn't realised you could stay in hotels where making your own toast was an option. Ima look out for that feature in future

sola virtus nobilitat
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2017, 07:55:57 PM »

signed

You often have a sweat as to whether it burns it on the second pass and the machine ends up billowing out smoke, thats happened to me a few times, I always push it as far forward as I dare on second pass to make sure that doesn't happen now.

You stay somewhere 2 nights and the toast comes out perfect.  Day 3 is inevitably a nightmare.  Hotels that bring toast to you or have normal toasters are the nuts.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2017, 08:27:25 PM »

G
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2017, 08:43:14 PM »

I hadn't realised you could stay in hotels where making your own toast was an option. Ima look out for that feature in future

Knew you would post something like that.  I nearly did myself!  #holidayinnexpress

It's amazing though you can stay in a piss hole B&B and get toast in a rack to your table or stay 5 star and get the same.  Stay in a middle england chain hotel and you have to do your own toast.   Nothing more annoying staying in a mid tier hotel than those toast machines in the morning.  Even if you get the toast perfect you are odds on some sales rep like woodsey steals it before you get back from the orange juice machine!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 08:46:54 PM by arbboy » Logged
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2017, 08:56:26 PM »

We've been here before- http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=66701.0

signed

Cymru am byth
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2017, 09:01:06 PM »

Knew you would post something like that.  I nearly did myself!  #holidayinnexpress

It's amazing though you can stay in a piss hole B&B and get toast in a rack to your table or stay 5 star and get the same.  Stay in a middle england chain hotel and you have to do your own toast.   Nothing more annoying staying in a mid tier hotel than those toast machines in the morning.  Even if you get the toast perfect you are odds on some sales rep like woodsey steals it before you get back from the orange juice machine!

I guard my toast until it's ready 
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2017, 09:05:35 PM »

It's amazing though you can stay in a piss hole B&B and get toast in a rack to your table or stay 5 star and get the same.  Stay in a middle england chain hotel and you have to do your own toast.   Nothing more annoying staying in a mid tier hotel than those toast machines in the morning.  Even if you get the toast perfect you are odds on some sales rep like woodsey steals it before you get back from the orange juice machine!

I guard my toast until it's ready  

Like your pension pot!  So middle england.  I could imagine you guarding your toast as well and kicking off if some other sales rep tried to steal it!  If he was a fellow tory it would be fine.  Leftie than the police might be called!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 09:22:27 PM by arbboy » Logged
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2017, 09:33:18 PM »

B or C

I think it's bread you're looking for Kieth.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: