blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:34:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272535 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  What's the most unpopular benign opinion you hold?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's the most unpopular benign opinion you hold?  (Read 27293 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2017, 04:08:16 PM »

It should be illegal to cycle on roads.

I agree, it makes no sense that bikes and cars share the same space rather than bikes and pedestrians - seems like a historical accident that it happened this way but nobody ever got around to fixing it.

So are you both saying it should be legal to cycle on pavements instead or should cars, cyclists and pedestrians each have their own space?

It's an interesting one. If cyclists and motorists both obey the highway code it's perfectly safe and causes little inconvenience to either party. If cyclists and pedestrians share the same space there's no 'pavement' code to protect either party.

The risk to pedestrians if cyclists are the pavement seems greater to me. possibly fewer deaths but surely more actual accidents?

What about cars and HGVs sharing roads? I know some countries keep them separate so should we?

I think we should separate cars and HGVs by the way and also agree that cyclists shouldn't be on the roads. Shame we haven't got a bit more space....

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2017, 04:25:04 PM »

I agree, it makes no sense that bikes and cars share the same space rather than bikes and pedestrians - seems like a historical accident that it happened this way but nobody ever got around to fixing it.

So are you both saying it should be legal to cycle on pavements instead or should cars, cyclists and pedestrians each have their own space?

It's an interesting one. If cyclists and motorists both obey the highway code it's perfectly safe and causes little inconvenience to either party. If cyclists and pedestrians share the same space there's no 'pavement' code to protect either party.

The risk to pedestrians if cyclists are the pavement seems greater to me. possibly fewer deaths but surely more actual accidents?

What about cars and HGVs sharing roads? I know some countries keep them separate so should we?

I think we should separate cars and HGVs by the way and also agree that cyclists shouldn't be on the roads. Shame we haven't got a bit more space....

Ideally there should be pavements, cycle paths and roads but obviously most places don't have space.

I had a quick google and most pedestrian accidents involve cars, even though pedestrian and cyclists share the same spaces a lot more frequently than pedestrians and cars. So it seems the perception of the risk of cyclists mixing with pedestrians is far higher than the actuality.

I also think that it's a lot more likely that you'll get the majority of cyclists behaving safely towards pedestrians than you would motor drivers behaving safely towards cyclists (or motorcyclists - but they're definitely staying on the road Smiley ).

And if a cyclist is guilty of dangerous cycling they're probably going to cause a few bruises in an accident and at worst a broken bone - on average the worst case scenario in a pedestrian/bicycle accident is going to be so much higher than a car/bicycle accident it seems odd that it's stayed as the status quo for so long as it is.

Having said that, it would be perfectly sensible to introduce some new laws about cyclist behaviour on pavements with a proportionate level of punishments for when they're caught.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2017, 04:40:21 PM »

Ideally there should be pavements, cycle paths and roads but obviously most places don't have space.

I had a quick google and most pedestrian accidents involve cars, even though pedestrian and cyclists share the same spaces a lot more frequently than pedestrians and cars. So it seems the perception of the risk of cyclists mixing with pedestrians is far higher than the actuality.

I also think that it's a lot more likely that you'll get the majority of cyclists behaving safely towards pedestrians than you would motor drivers behaving safely towards cyclists (or motorcyclists - but they're definitely staying on the road Smiley ).

And if a cyclist is guilty of dangerous cycling they're probably going to cause a few bruises in an accident and at worst a broken bone - on average the worst case scenario in a pedestrian/bicycle accident is going to be so much higher than a car/bicycle accident it seems odd that it's stayed as the status quo for so long as it is.

Having said that, it would be perfectly sensible to introduce some new laws about cyclist behaviour on pavements with a proportionate level of punishments for when they're caught.

Far too sensible an approach Jon MW.

Cyclists should use cycle paths where available, if no cycle path is available they should carry their bicycle whilst using the pavement.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2017, 04:56:10 PM »

People who rely on benefits to feed themselves shouldn't be allowed to breed.

I agree however how would jeremy kyle find guests?

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2017, 05:08:48 PM »

I think Cheryl Tweedy-Cole-Fernandez-whatever is a 5 AT BEST.

No idea why everyone thinks she's so hot.

teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2017, 06:18:51 PM »

Cheryl Cole, Kardashian, sherzinger : other women hold them as ideals, and id argue rate them more attractive than men rate them
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2017, 07:03:42 PM »

I don't mind the whole US tipping culture.

Cheryl Cole, Kardashian, sherzinger : other women hold them as ideals, and id argue rate them more attractive than men rate them

Kardashian was a lot better before her ass blew up, and Cole looks better when she doesn't seem to have an eating disorder.

I think Nicole is gorgeous, but her penchant for melodramatics isn't attractive.

I'm sure they all have me rated in the upper ranges of the 1/10 scale, too.

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2017, 08:01:45 PM »

Kardashian was a lot better before her ass blew up, and Cole looks better when she doesn't seem to have an eating disorder.

I think Nicole is gorgeous, but her penchant for melodramatics isn't attractive.

Have you even looked at her elbows? Way too pointy! :-)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2017, 08:14:14 PM »

Have you even looked at her elbows? Way too pointy! :-)

Cheesy

I'm a forgiving person...

Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2017, 09:00:26 PM »

If you kill another human being your life is taken from you instantly.

If on benefits and offered a job which you refuse every benefit it taken from you, again instantly.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2017, 09:34:25 PM »

Wow. Just wow.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2017, 11:44:20 PM »

Wow. Just wow.

What did you expect from the title of the thread?

Any unpopular opinion in particular that you're 'wowing'....?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2017, 11:56:04 PM »

Wow. Just wow.

What did you expect from the title of the thread?

Any unpopular opinion in particular that you're 'wowing'....?

Not trying to speak for Keith, although we tend to agree about tons of stuff. I'm thinking Hector, Steve S, people on benefits not breeding and 'on the spot' death penalties are the shockers (monkeys beetles (sic) is very subjective :-). Happy to list what I perceive to be the flaws in those if you'd like?
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2017, 12:34:11 AM »

I'm with Adz on women's sport - particularly on national TV.

The BBC trying to promote minority sports (like women's football and cricket which overall is typically watched live by 2 men, a dog and a couple of hundred school kids with free tickets) as a mainstream popular nationally important headline worthy news sport.

I did try watching the Women's England cricket and football but it was awful.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2017, 12:44:53 AM »

I prefer The Monkees over The Beatles.

I think that the Paralympics should not take place.

Women tennis players should not get the same prize money as the men.

Women in sport generally. If they want equality on pay etc, play with men(until there are none left!)

Mmmm.  Women playing with men.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: