blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:02:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  What's the most unpopular benign opinion you hold?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's the most unpopular benign opinion you hold?  (Read 27457 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 07, 2017, 11:55:59 AM »

How do we tell which kids are going to scream before the flight?  Even with my own, I don't get a lot of notice before they go into meltdown. 

IDK Doobs, I'm just the ideas man, leave the practical stuff to others Tongue

rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 07, 2017, 11:58:23 AM »

I don't have a problem with athletes who dope

defo wanna hear more on this!

In my opinion, in a day and age when salary is intrinsically linked to performance, it makes sense for sportsman to push every edge they can get in order to maximise their results. If they are willing to take the consequences that come with getting caught then fair play to them. It's a short career for most and in order to set themselves up for a life post sport, I don't have an issue with those who want to push the boundaries (cheat).

It's admirable for those who don't and still reach the world class level but the guys who are dope by are still doing the same training and still pushing  their bodies to the max. It's basically the ultimate calculated gamble (and we all love gambling!) - risk career, reputation and health but reap the rewards if undetected. There are plenty undetected too.

So doesn't robbery fall into the same category? i.e. risk but reap the rewards if undetected?

Robbery is illegal. You can dope legally - per criminal law. If it was a criminal act then, sure, I'd have a problem with it.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 07, 2017, 12:47:14 PM »

All cyclists should have insurance to use the roads.

About 10 million people cycle at least once a month, if you charge them a £1 a month insurance thats £120 million a year income.
There are about 3000 cycling accidents a year (serious enough that might warrant an insurance claim - bicycle theft is already a 'thing' for insurers so this is what might come up in addition to things like that).

Over half of cycling accidents are attributed to the other party - even if you anticipate an increase in reporting (because it can now be linked to a claim) you're still looking at maybe a couple of thousand payouts a year.

Most of those payouts would be for a negligible amount of money. Even with the occasional 'big' claim I don't see how the insurance payouts top a few million.

Even if you make the insurance £1 a year I don't see how this does much good apart from generate a new line of profit for the insurance companies.

EDIT: Also we've already established we don't think cyclists should even be on the road Cheesy

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 07, 2017, 12:53:13 PM »

facebook is for saddos.

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 07, 2017, 12:55:20 PM »

Once people reach a certain age they shouldn't be allowed to vote any more. I don't know what this age should be but somewhere around retirement age when policy doesn't affect you as much seems about right.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 07, 2017, 01:01:26 PM »

The experts on Bargain Hunt shouldn't be allowed to buy bonus buys that make big losses. Most of them are auctioneers themselves and know too well what things go for so to pay £100 for something that even I know is only going to get £40 is not excusable.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 07, 2017, 01:05:55 PM »

The experts on Bargain Hunt shouldn't be allowed to buy bonus buys that make big losses. Most of them are auctioneers themselves and know too well what things go for so to pay £100 for something that even I know is only going to get £40 is not excusable.

Wow. Pushing the boundaries of 'benign' a bit there..... Almost definitely getting a Tighty warning for this one.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 07, 2017, 01:13:05 PM »

Once people reach a certain age they shouldn't be allowed to vote any more. I don't know what this age should be but somewhere around retirement age when policy doesn't affect you as much seems about right.

Young people shouldn't be able to vote either as they know fk all until they get into real life, they will then at least start understanding the real issues and that stuff that needs paying for actually comes out of their pay packet. Reckon we propose a 25-65 voting age, sound about right?
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 07, 2017, 01:23:01 PM »

Young people shouldn't be able to vote either as they know fk all until they get into real life, they will then at least start understanding the real issues and that stuff that needs paying for actually comes out of their pay packet. Reckon we propose a 25-65 voting age, sound about right?

I think 18 is fine at the young end. They may know nothing and they may make a mistake but they have to live with that mistake if it was one. As they get older they need to become educators to the next set of young voters to make sure they don't make similar mistakes.

70 as the upper age would be my first thought. Retired, home all paid for, easy life etc. Whatever happens after that shouldn't have too much affect on you personally and if it does it's because you voted wrong when you were allowed to..... (collectively of course, not on an individual basis)....

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 07, 2017, 02:23:55 PM »

100% supposed to be an expert ffs and they fuck it up every time. Sends me barmy, they should be forced to pay from their pockets.

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 07, 2017, 04:37:09 PM »

Speed cameras should be banned from any road that is a 40mph limit or higher, especially motorways.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 07, 2017, 04:42:21 PM »

Speed cameras should be banned from any road that is a 40mph limit or higher, especially motorways.

I don't think that's going to be all that unpopular!

4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 07, 2017, 04:50:13 PM »

I think 18 is fine at the young end. They may know nothing and they may make a mistake but they have to live with that mistake if it was one. As they get older they need to become educators to the next set of young voters to make sure they don't make similar mistakes.

70 as the upper age would be my first thought. Retired, home all paid for, easy life etc. Whatever happens after that shouldn't have too much affect on you personally and if it does it's because you voted wrong when you were allowed to..... (collectively of course, not on an individual basis)....

With a steadily aging population, there would be a huge disenfranchised segment. Surely this would also give the government free reign to tax the hell (I.e steal) out of pension funds without fear of implications at the voting booths? Not sure this is what you had in mind, but we're all getting older, and most of us will get beyond 70: you're certain to have a different view when you do.
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 07, 2017, 04:55:44 PM »

I don't think that's going to be all that unpopular!

You'd be surprised!
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 07, 2017, 05:49:05 PM »

MMA is for losers and Connor mcgregor is a tosser.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: