blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 10:12:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Strictly Come Dancing 2017 thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Strictly Come Dancing 2017 thread  (Read 14740 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2017, 07:35:27 AM »

Was that some good old fashioned racism from the BBC?

I don'tknow the intricacies of dancing but to my the lady that went looked far better than Brian Connelly was was like Dad Dancing on Roids.

BBC don't do racism. You only have to look at the news presenters roster to see that.

Stupid statement that adds to the general feeling in society that when a black person loses out in life, it's because everyone is racist

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2017, 08:24:50 PM »

Always a surprise early. Davood is my dark horse to win.

Still is.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2017, 08:59:04 AM »

full song list for this weekend http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/strictlycomedancing/entries/4eb4b4b8-7ba5-4bad-87e7-42630becf214

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2017, 12:43:30 PM »

That isn't too bad. I've seen far worse song collections.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2017, 06:56:14 PM »

Some Strictly jives for you all:

Shirley Ballas and her former partner/husband:

(Pretty sure some of the moves aren't in the textbook)

Neil and Katya Jones do a fun one:

Nadiya can jive too:

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2017, 09:22:34 AM »

All the Halloween songs and dances http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/strictlycomedancing/entries/c48f9a64-3da9-4e4a-9d9f-4f16717455af

My eyes are open wide
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2017, 09:56:25 AM »

Ugh.

Have to suspend rational assessments in Halloween week, sadly. Some proper dross there.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2017, 09:45:03 AM »

Anyone got thoughts on the outright market at this stage?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2017, 12:57:37 PM »

We are on Davood who is currently progressing up the outside coming round the home turn.Hoping he stays the second half of the week

Debbie McGee is a trained former ballet dancer and owner of a dance school (a ringer,basically) and is seriously over-marked by fawning judges. 4 x 10 yesterday for something quite normaland not particularlyspecial imo

I think the public may well take against her (final is all public vote) as they have done in prior years by voting for the non dance trained popular celeb eg last year

odds will be back up after tonight'selimination

Alex fave? then McGee?

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2017, 08:51:18 PM »

Aston was 100/1 to be eliminated from #Strictly this week

My eyes are open wide
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2017, 09:19:48 AM »

Anyone got thoughts on the outright market at this stage?

So the market currently is:

6/4 Debbie
9/4 Alexandra
7/1 Gemma
8/1 Joe
20/1 Mollie
22/1 Jonnie
22/1 Davood
100/1 Susan
150/1 Ruth

https://www.oddschecker.com/tv/strictly-come-dancing/winner

Debbie

Her ringerness is nowhere near as bad as her overmarking. On her toes for significant portions of her tango and struggling with her head movement in the staccato parts (reliable guide for viewers: if it looks weird, something has probably gone wrong). The judges have fawned over her performances in a way I've never seen before at this stage of the competition. It was a reasonable tango but 34 would have been a much fairer reflection of it than 40. Seems little doubt she is wanted in the final.

http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/875896/Strictly-Come-Dancing-2017-James-Jordan-blasts-Craig-Revel-Horwood-bow-Debbie-McGee

Alexandra

A similar story. On her heels for chunks of her cha cha, which is normally pounced upon by the judges. She had bent legs but was told instead they were straight. Tens were absurd. It was honestly like someone putting Son's finish yesterday in for goal of the month: it was a nice finish but no more.

Conspiracy theorists will also enjoy that Alexandra has been on the West End and then on tour with Sister Act. Who is the director? One C. Revel-Horwood, if you please. She’s been good enough to stay in the competition, so I don’t really have concerns about that side of it, but the degree of praise of her – and the relentless blind eyes to her faults – is becoming a hot topic at Tal Towers. It might have been just me, but I thought the faces behind Alexandra were a little sceptical of the marking.

Gemma

I’m a big fan of Aljaz – he’s good in both disciplines and is also a very good coach. Consistently gets the best out of his partners and we’re seeing much more of his personality this year. Marriage hasn’t slowed him down. Gemma is a tomboy, so she has been having difficulty being girly; certainly seems insecure. Abbey Clancy had that trouble early on, but grew into the role and ended up winning. Who was her partner again? I have concerns over Gemma’s popularity (she’s had her haters over the years), but her consistent mid-ranking hasn’t seemed to been a problem for her, so I’m taking from this that she gets votes – at least a reasonable number, anyway.

Joe

Joe is also a little unpolished in his work, but he’s grown enormously in confidence. Again, he is blessed with a brilliant partner in Katya. She and Neil (the ginger one) are a superb addition to the show. Katya’s choreography has enabled Joe to develop, with increasingly more challenging routines and more polished performances. His price is a little short for now, as tends to be the case after a Charleston. But I would have given that a higher mark than the 36 they got. He’s not being mentioned much by the judges in any serious way. This could be a sign he’s not on the tour (we all know that’s a factor as to who makes the final). I like him. He will continue to get better. The question is whether he can get better quickly enough.

Mollie

The only way she can win is if she’s popular. She is not close to being the best dancer and her partner is the worst professional dancer by a distance. Making the dance off twice in a row (when there is usually a post-dance-off bounce) is a sign the Sequinned Grim Reaper is sharpening his glittery scythe. We’ve also seen the public going mad about the decision of Shirley Ballas to keep her in (one paper spotted AJ was at her dance school), though I actually had the result of that as fair. She took too small steps, particularly on quicks, and it hurt her balance, because she was frequently in the wrong position. That’s why it looked awkward. She has maybe two weeks left.

Jonnie

Let’s cut to the chase: it’s a decent year and he has no chance of winning on dancing alone. He doesn’t have a hip action and certain dances will continue to hurt him. I have no idea how hard it is for him to achieve what he needs to do in order to get up to standard, but the reality is he’s one of the worst left, embarrassingly overmarked and it is nearing his natural exit time. He’s an inspirational figure and clearly popular with both his peers and the audience. But I don’t see him winning.

Davood

The same price as Jonnie is Davood. I thought the American Smooth on Saturday was excellent. The clip before was very interesting: he’s been on a strict regime of footwork and it paid off bigtime. The quality of his heels is as good as I’ve seen in the competition: it’s easy to forget to do them, firstly, or, if you do remember, it’s easy to overstate them and make it look forced. If you get them right, you generate rise and fall (dip into the heel and push off on the second step to get vertical lift through the body onto the toe). He got that well. His quicks were a little short at times, where the strides should all be the same length (that’s hard to do; even harder with grace), but he was undoubtedly undermarked. His price at 22/1 is – if this were a fair fight – bonkers. Even allowing for preference and bias, it’s still probably wrong. I wonder whether there’s an Eastenders problem, given how hard it was for Kellie Bright to progress in the competition (that jitterbug showdance remains my favourite ever and is right up there in the top 3 strictly dances of all time). He's a good'n.

Susan

I know some have backed her as a live outsider. There were worse bets than that out there at the time. I don’t see her improving much and this is a strong series. Kevin has worked her hard and I really enjoyed this weekend’s choreography from a technical standpoint (without going mad on the technical side, there are different levels of standard for amateurs, a little like martial arts. Kevin designed a routine that was basic and gave Susan a chance of doing a simple routine well, which was the right thing to do, even giving four or five pauses for her to get her breath back). I can’t see her winning still, though I have no doubt she’s popular with the viewers.

Ruth

The comedy stylings of Anton du Beke have a strictly shelf life. I did chuckle at this one, but it can’t be long, can it?

Aston

I’d best say something on the result last night. There’s often a shock these days around this time. Pixie Lott went after a creaky cha-cha with poor legs (the judges do see this stuff...I keep telling myself). Janette made a big error with this routine and Aston’s footwork was poor. He barely smiled during the entire thing and I noted that Darcey picked up on that: you should smile during ballroom dances (tango aside); it conveys you’re comfortable and at ease, even though the dance is anything but. It was a poor and boring routine, which was executed badly. He was in trouble from the moment he started in hold. He knew that, too; he wasn’t angry at the comments or even surprised; just disappointed. I suspect he knew that was as good a job as he could have done with that. Was he dealt a bum hand with the music? Possibly.

Overall

I am a convert to the idea that it’s a TV show and the BBC are keen to ensure certain things happen for as long as possible, even if this conflicts with what is “right” in the competition. I note there are now 3 men and 6 women left. Joe and Davood should get time if they don’t have a rotten dance, while the women (presumably Mollie and Ruth) head off. Blackpool is 18 November, so that should time nicely for Ruth/Anton or Susan/Kevin to head off, head held high.

The comments on the articles last night about the shock result indicate Alexandra and Debbie are developing noisy opponents in the chat boxes. I expect this to continue and the current prices for both are too short. The only way they wouldn’t be is if they’re guaranteed a passage to the final.

Hope this answers your question, Keith.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2017, 10:03:01 AM »

Great stuff Tal.

You fanced Davood at a big price early on and still do now. In my experience of reality puntering, these are the golden spots. You're probably right and eventually the market will catch up, so smash it imo.

Is there likely to be an anti-Eastenders bias on a BBC1 show? Seems unlikely as an outsider looking in. Bearing in mind how many rofflechavs in this country still only watch one channel. The Bake Off sayed they'd be happy with 4m viewers on 4 when it left BBC1, where it got millions more. Apparently there are that many who can't switch their TVs over in 2017.

Is there a possilibity of an anti X Factor bias? Would make more sense. Have X Factorers done much in this down the years?

Can still get EW three spots too. With a 3:6 men to women ratio, this looks too good to miss.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2017, 10:18:37 AM »

As a relatively late convert to SCD ..entertainment rather than puntering,   I love these write ups..more please

sola virtus nobilitat
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2017, 10:25:23 AM »

Great stuiff.

Like Timeform for a poncy novelty talent show.

Thanks Mr Chess.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2017, 02:25:18 PM »

What a great write up that is.

Take note, Marcus Hilton.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: