blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:17:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Crazy Fun Hand from Pokerstars Main Barcelona
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Crazy Fun Hand from Pokerstars Main Barcelona  (Read 4605 times)
jjandellis
« on: August 27, 2017, 03:14:51 PM »

OK, so I’d be interested in getting your opinions on this.  Its split my study group somewhat more than any hand that I can remember in a long time.  Bearing in mind the group includes a Bracelet winner/RIO coach, 2 or 3 BiTB players and a plethora of other good mid-high stake grinder/crushers its kinda unusual for a fairly universal opinion not to be arrived at!

The hand is not my own, but a friend that played a went deep in the event.  His image would have been ‘extremely competent’ online player, that also knows how to play live.  The villain is Uri Reichenstein, who as some will know came 2nd in the same event last year. Hero has observed him to be competent/good/solid.

There have been various offerings in the (facebook) group.  I ran some numbers on some of the offerings and I’ll post up my responses/numbers…and some after thoughts/caveats.

PSC Barcelona 5k Day 1
250/500/50

I’m effective stack at 35k, both villains in hand cover by 15-20k

I open JdJh UTG to 1200, Spanish fish UTG+1 makes it 3000, Uri Reichenstein on BTN tank calls, folds back to me and I complete

Flop 9s7s3d Pot (10150)
I check, Spain checks, Uri 4200, I call, Spain tanks so long that I call the clock on him* then folds

*I’m certain he has AK (not ss) given length of time he dwells and am hoping he squeezes to fold out Uri so I can get HU with him

Turn 9s7s3d Pot (18550)
I check, Uri checks

River 9s7s3d6h Pot (18550)
I…?

I can potentially get to river like this with something like 33, 77, 99-KK; all nfd’s; KT-KQss, QJss; JTs, J9s, T9s, T8s, 98s, 65s.

Uri has played extremely well so far at the table and I’ve no reason to believe that he’s not a very good player, therefore I’d range him on river somewhere around 88, TT-KK, AKs, AQss, KQss. Potentially a little looser than this with the button and fish in the pot this deep if he thinks I’m rarely 4b’ing but I don’t want to make too many assumptions.

Given all of this info, what do I do with JJ here and what do I do with the rest of my range (sets/bricked fds/one pair/ straights)? Have discussed this one with Jack for hours already so looking for some other viewpoints.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 03:32:38 PM by jjandellis » Logged
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 11:51:38 PM »

Don't think I'd bluff in game but your numbers make it reasonably compelling. Calling qq/kk in his spot seems ambitious and somewhat unlikely considering the turn check. Depends completely on the fish as I think this dictates his range entirely. Not too many I'd peel kts vs when they 3b a utg open. Most I'm happy vs I'd guess I'd cold 4, although also pretty doubtful the more I think about it.

Looks to me like you've vastly overestimated the tx you have though. Peeling all jts to the flop bet with a guy behind seems ambitious, like wise the diamond combos of the qt+ hands  (presuming I'm reading it right)

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 10:51:44 AM »

So this is the worst hand you get to the river with with no spades in it, it blocks JT (the nuts) and he never goes for the crazy re-bluff without a J in his hand. This is why you wanna bluff?

Fascinating posts Jjand

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 12:02:19 PM »

Min bet/call

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 05:55:44 PM »

i think i check fold the river, dont think hes gonna stab often with AQ/AK otf to the action pre as he blocks hands you will both check/fold. he has decent showdown value on the turn seemingly
think he shows with TT+ a lot of the time. not had time to look at the ranges you've set as theres a screaming baby downstairs Cheesy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: