blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:25:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Apprentice 2018 thread
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Apprentice 2018 thread  (Read 49098 times)
nuros

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: October 03, 2019, 12:14:28 PM »

What a show:)
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 03, 2019, 02:33:14 PM »

These aren't real people are they? Do Shamstrad grow them in a lab?

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 03, 2019, 02:46:30 PM »

Shamstrad was 1.01 the reason for the firing.  He was a hero for just going on there and suggesting it.

Lewis should have gone, even if he was calm and disciplined in his head.

Regards

D

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 03, 2019, 10:05:54 PM »

Standard stuff from both teams, and utterly predictable that both sales teams would over promise.

I thought Tom Allen was excellent as the new YF host.

Regards
Pp

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 04, 2019, 07:18:53 AM »

On the boys side at least I didn't think they looked quite as useless as usual. Yeah they over promised to start with but I got the impression that was engineered by the shows premise of go and sell whilst at the same time the other team get information you need and then find out later in your one phone call of the day.

The tour team did s good job I thought. The edit was doing it's best to try and show them up at bits where they didn't know some facts but of course they don't and they handled that fact well.

Girls shambolic so obviously won. Would be nice to have this show have a concept of customer satisfaction. Yes the boys made less but they'll have got good reviews and repeat custom.

Would also be nice if the show acknowledged phones can browse the internet these days and are capable of making more than one call per day.

Anywho, nice to have it back.

Regards

C

Blue text
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 28, 2019, 03:37:37 AM »

anyone watch this weeks show ?

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 28, 2019, 06:05:02 AM »

anyone watch this weeks show ?

Plenty I expect.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 29, 2019, 11:57:33 PM »

well records were broken

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 30, 2019, 02:54:02 AM »

well records were broken

They plumbed new depths in so many ways.

This week’s episode is the buying task which is always an Apprentice highlight. But someone needs to step up and make this properly interesting.

Regards

Pp

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 30, 2019, 03:50:38 AM »

well records were broken

This week’s episode is the buying task which is always an Apprentice highlight. But someone needs to step up and make this properly interesting.

Regards

Pp

i can't believe the bike episode, they measured it on total sales not profit, i could of sold $5 million of the bikes at £50 each and makr a massive lost

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 30, 2019, 09:19:25 AM »

well records were broken

Regards

Pp

i can't believe the bike episode, they measured it on total sales not profit, i could of sold $5 million of the bikes at £50 each and makr a massive lost

Indeed. Although the winning team actually sold more, and at a higher price.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 30, 2019, 11:54:53 AM »

Yeah but the flaw was highlighted when one of the women sold 20 bikes for 24k but tried to change it to 25 bikes for 25k, surely those extra 5 bikes cost more than 1k to make

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 30, 2019, 12:02:47 PM »

well records were broken

Regards

Pp

Highlights how brain dead all the candidates are that they don't even know the rules they are playing to.   If they did they would surely have done this as profit was never discussed as a KPI in the brief.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 30, 2019, 01:13:16 PM »

Trying to work out what they're going to do is fun but almost impossible.

You could try and come up with the worst toy imaginable, but then it'll never be as bad as unicorns and slime.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 31, 2019, 01:27:41 PM »

All hope died in the moment when one of the teams didn’t know when WWII started.

Would have sacked the other two last night and kept Ryon.

Regards

Pp

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: