blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:01:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272576 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The poker prop bet to end them all?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The poker prop bet to end them all?  (Read 4632 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: September 30, 2017, 08:33:07 PM »

Which side do you like?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 08:37:19 PM »

1k buyin rule pushes it into the 0% territory for me.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 08:48:29 PM »

1k buyin rule pushes it into the 0% territory for me.

Can't see how he does this in cash.  1000 buy ins is 10 a session.  Guess you'd have to hit the MTTs and hope to run good.

10 years ago would be a lot easier.

Who the heck is this nutter?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 09:30:25 PM »

Hit up the plo..

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2017, 09:39:59 PM »

In before Camel says he hopes it's Negreanu.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2017, 09:53:33 PM »

He is called Miika Antonnen

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2017, 10:07:04 PM »

He is called Miika Antonnen

Chuck Bass on 2 plus 2.  He used to be good.  Think bet is 5 years late but glgl

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2017, 10:10:10 PM »

While at first glance this may sound more like a PGC thread, please hear me out first. I may have gotten myself into quite a pickle, and it's too late to back out, so... yeah. I have committed myself to the following prop bet, starting tomorrow:

-I have 120 consecutive days, of which I can play a maximum of 100
-I need to turn 500€ into 10k€ playing MTTs
-I need to also make at least 1000 buyins in the process, so no shot-taking will save me
-I need to stream 16 days+ of the challenge, which will probably mean 4-tabling sessions --> I have more like 84 days to do this plus the stream days. I also have no idea about this whole streaming technology so I'll probably just be tilted and lose INF on those 16 days. And those 84 days will include Christmas, NYE, my birthday etc, plus I think I'll miss another 10 or say because of off-bet live poker trips

(a couple of other clauses I will not bore you with, but which make it impossible for me to have any short cuts in any way, I will need to follow conservative BRM etc, live poker doesn't count. I can also play anything outside the bankroll if I want, so if you see me playing the SM or something then I'm doing it outside the challenge. I'm not intending to do much stuff off-challenge, but I gotta YOLO a couple of HS birds before I quit for old times' sake)

The monetary wagers I can't disclose (stupid Finnish legislation) but let's say that if I lose, two things will happen

1) I will go somewhat bankrupt
2) One of the terms of the bet is that I'll have to quit poker and related posting/blogging forever and get a 9-5 job, so if I fail this will be end of my 10-year poker career.

(I will be allowed to post/tweet about my book specifically, since it would be quite suicidal to not be allowed to do that)

---

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/61/mtt-community/possibly-career-ending-prop-bet-itt-1691128/

Didn't want to copy the full post. Don't really see the point, seems like its mostly publicity driven.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2017, 11:55:04 PM »

Forget the excuses and just assume he is going to play 100 days worth. I'm not quite sure what volume you can manage regards to the amount of mtt's that are available at an ABI of approx $9 but you should be able to put in tasty 3pm-1am sessions 5 or 6 days a week for the sake of the prop bet. You will blast out 3k games if you were to do this. Given that probably isn't going to happen we can be VERY conservative and say he is going to play 2k games and in order to win the prop bet he will need to manage a 50% roi.

I dunno how good this guy is at mtt's but if the price were right I would do this with a very high success rate. Just completely down to what kind of ROI he can manage and if he can comfortably 7-9 table for a decent stretch of the day and finally if he is actually properly committed to the bet and not take too many days off.

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
strak33

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2017, 09:43:15 AM »

From things he has said recently a huge % of the games are going to be on sites like party and 888 with "softer" and much smaller fields.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2017, 10:24:16 AM »

From things he has said recently a huge % of the games are going to be on sites like party and 888 with "softer" and much smaller fields.

Is Party any softer?  He plays on Winamax already and probably needs a skypoker account. 

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2017, 12:42:48 PM »

What advantage would anyone gain from him quitting? Seems a weird thing to put in the bet.

Not enforceable and no upside to whoever wins so only imagine he's put it in the bet himself as an added extra which basically just means he's gone ALL-IN on the bet, which I imagine means he probably hasn't been winning, either because of bad game selection, not been good enough or been running terrible.

So it's not really a smart bet, makes for some sort of a biggish headline...

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2017, 03:56:57 PM »

He hasn't won for 2 years and he's betting his net worth on it, so if he loses then it's basically gg

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
cheesies

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2017, 08:32:56 AM »

If he's mtting I'd be amazed if he's anything less than 15 tabling, think 5k games is v easy. He may not have won at midstakes+ for a while but he's good enough to beat low stakes just clicking the not-silly buttons (although he did have a penchant for those buttons iirc Cheesy ). If he's as over it as he sounds then he might not be in a good place for grinding a zillion $8 mtts though - I'd say he's a favourite barring a blowup.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2017, 10:19:36 AM »

So we know what he stands to lose, what does he stand to gain?

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: