blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:07:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272478 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Historic sex abuse accusations.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Historic sex abuse accusations.  (Read 1614 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« on: December 10, 2017, 04:50:33 PM »

Paedophilia aside, should there be a limit to how far back these go?

I'm not sure what the answer is myself but when I hear about someone in their 70's accused of something they did in their 20s/30s it makes me uncomfortable.

For a start they are different people now to what they were back then. I know I did things in my teens 20s that I wouldn't consider to be right and proper now.

Also, why are there not thousands of ordinary Joes being accused? why is it all high profile people?

Like I say, I'm not sure what's right, and I know it has to be severity dependant, but I'm worried that the pendulum might have swung too far.

The older I get, the better I was.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 05:28:02 PM »

It is frightening what seems to be dragged up from the past. Especially WRT to celebs. I mean who didn't know about casting couches etc. My concern is for the genuine cases of abuse that went on. With the flood of harassments accusations by wannabe actors/singers who knew what they were getting in to this seems to be taking it away from the real victims.

This may not be popular but so what if someone abused their status to lure someone to bed. As long as they are both willing and of legal age then so be it.

Ah! The element of surprise
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 06:12:30 PM »

Paedophilia aside, should there be a limit to how far back these go?

I'm not sure what the answer is myself but when I hear about someone in their 70's accused of something they did in their 20s/30s it makes me uncomfortable.

For a start they are different people now to what they were back then. I know I did things in my teens 20s that I wouldn't consider to be right and proper now.

Also, why are there not thousands of ordinary Joes being accused? why is it all high profile people?

Like I say, I'm not sure what's right, and I know it has to be severity dependant, but I'm worried that the pendulum might have swung too far.

While no doubt it happens in all areas, I think where all the stories that are coming out are places with very unusual power structures. Hollywood for example, pretty much attracts A) power & money hungry men B) emotionally messed up people of both genders C) attractive women.

I think it's pretty awesome that all these slimeballs are getting their comeuppance, and think what is happening right now will dramatically reduce all cases of sexual harassment in the western world, but it would be sad if the message the world takes is that all workplaces are as extreme as Hollywood, because they really are not.

On a wider note, I fear an pendulum swing too far in the other direction might create a society where young men NEVER make the first move in relationships. I'm pretty certain neither men nor women want that. I know Mrs Shoelace in part was convinced by my charms was because I had the balls to walk up and start talking to her (because it sure as shit wasn't what I looked like).

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 08:47:54 AM »

Catherine Deneuve defends men's 'right' to hit on women - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-42630108

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: