blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:18:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272538 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Advice for horse betting account please
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Advice for horse betting account please  (Read 3358 times)
mikeymike

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2018, 05:55:38 PM »

I normally place my bets at the track or the local bookmakers.

I now wish to open an account online - any recommendations or are they all the same.

Cheers
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 06:11:34 PM »

Bet £3.65 - frequently best place terms (often go 1/4 odds on handicaps where others 1/5). If there's a deposit bonus, max it if you'll play through it.

Tote also often goes 5 places the big handicaps instead of 4.

Sky does first race offers, and Paddy does conditional stuff (money back if X wins, etc). Watch for extra place 1/5 though. Cheeky scoundrels.

These are naturally hard accounts to keep. Enjoy them while they last.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 06:14:25 PM »

This is the sort of thread that makes punters go all misty-eyed and jealous.

Bit like going into the TV thread and saying you've never seen The Wire, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Drop the Dead Donkey, the Smell of Reeves and Mortimer or Line of Duty.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 06:15:10 PM »

I'd add VC to that and a betfair exchange account if you don't already have one.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 06:17:30 PM »

I'd add VC to that and a betfair exchange account if you don't already have one.

Yes to that. I'd forgotten about VC. That account lasted three losing bets in TV handicaps.

Click to see full-size image.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 06:25:39 PM by Tal » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2018, 06:34:35 PM »

Bit like going into the TV thread and saying you've never seen The Wire, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Drop the Dead Donkey, the Smell of Reeves and Mortimer or Line of Duty.

I can say, hand on heart, I've never watched any of those.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2018, 06:36:24 PM »

We already know you're golden, though Wink

4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2018, 06:40:43 PM »

If you really only want one, I'm advised by Chompy (& other respected pro gamblers) that Everyday is the one that you really really want.

Personally, I'd open accounts with all those mentioned above, plus Laddies and Fred, taking advantage of all the offers. In that way you can spread your bets around and always have several choices for markets and best prices.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2018, 06:45:00 PM »

Fire in some accas every week, too.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2018, 06:46:23 PM »

I was about to post the very same thing until I noticed DTDD - I watched every single episide of that without fail.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2018, 06:46:43 PM »

Neither have I, but  on a serious note.

I shall be looking to place bets up to a couple of hundred a time and I shall be expecting most of them to show a return - probably 10 - 20 bets in a year in total -

Reading between the lines do they close winning accounts -
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2018, 06:52:00 PM »

I shall be looking to place bets up to a couple of hundred a time and I shall be expecting most of them to show a return - probably 10 - 20 bets in a year in total -

I'm sure they'll lap it up, if you're making very few bets, but quite sizeable ones, and winning Grin

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2018, 06:52:54 PM »

I'd be careful with bonus offers. Some have minimum turnover requirements attached and it can be hard to turn over £25k when you're only allowed to bet £1 or so each time.

365 and Hills are the pick imo but ALL bookmakers are a disgrace these days.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2018, 07:08:25 PM »

Grrrr was going to call house on that but i saw DTDD ,so just the 4 corners, mind you i can make any bet within reason on all the bookmakers so i guess its a house after all

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2018, 07:37:51 PM »

We all expect most/all of our bets to show a return, however if they show a trend of actually doing that you can expect your accounts to become severely limited fairly quickly.

That's why it has been suggested to open all of the best online accounts that most of us no longer have.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: