blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:02:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Football hospitality hiccup- advice required.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Football hospitality hiccup- advice required.  (Read 3796 times)
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2018, 10:50:18 AM »

Next month I'm flying to England as I've arranged a weekend away for 7 other Dutch chaps to the gold cup in cheltenham followed by hospitality @ Leicester FC the following day. Originally we wanted to go to Wembley to see Spurs but that game was postponed and we therefore settled for Leicester/Arsenal. I contacted a chap who deals with hospitality and told him the story how we had been denied our chance to go to Wembley but that we were grateful that there was a table left in hospitality for Leicester!

Lo and behold, this game has now been postponed and when I sent an email to the chap at hospitality I received this:

Good morning Dan, thank you for your email.

The game has been re-arranged but I am just waiting to find out the new date for this fixture.

Your hospitality tickets will still stand for this re-arranged date.

We sadly do not offer a refund for matches that have been re-scheduled.

Thanks again

Quite obviously this is a massive spanner in the works and I would have been very grateful if I had known it was non-refundable when I called Matt last month and explained my original dilemma, it might have been a good time for him to say that  as I would have never have bought. This is perhaps an oversight on my half as I just completely assumed you would have the chance for a refund. I have booked 8 non-refundable flights and 4 hotel hotel rooms for 3 nights which aren't refundable either. The football was the highlight (and the most expensive part) of the trip. Any advice on how to approach this with the manager of hospitality of any ideas of how to recoup some funds would be very much appreciated.

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 10:56:22 AM »

Is it booked direct with LCFC or via a 3rd party?
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 10:57:10 AM »

Is it booked direct with LCFC or via a 3rd party?

Direct.

<3 ENSUING
SuperJez

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 11:04:43 AM »

It seems that you should be able to get a refund for the face value of the match tickets at least

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/can-i-get-a-refund-on-my-ticket

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/event-tickets/event-tickets/getting-a-refund-on-an-event-ticket/

What I am unsure about is the hospitality portion of the cost.
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 11:19:05 AM »

It should have been made "clear" in the contract/email etc that the package is non refundable if the dates change....as dates for matches often do nowadays. How "clear" was it?

Also like hotel rooms....if that package can be re sold ....then the club dont loss out and a refund is fair.
mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 11:21:43 AM »

If you ordered online you should have been sent the terms and conditions along with the booking order if you did not get the terms and conditions you have an out. If you did get the terms and conditions you have no out.

If you have no out your best bet is to speak with the hospitality manager, explain the situation and ask him/her if they could resell the package on your behalf obviously taking a fee and if necessarily at a discount. Your probably then find that he/she will buy the package back at a 50% discount so at least you only lose half your money.
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2018, 11:22:55 AM »

PS Tighty might have a club contact to help if all else fails....
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2018, 11:32:40 AM »

Southampton , for example, says this in their T&C 's

SFC will make every effort to contact the Client in the event that a Match is cancelled, postponed or
rescheduled and advise of the date change and available options. It is the Client’s responsibility to advise
SFC if the rescheduled fixture is now unsuitable by the deadline given in the communication. Failure by the
Client to contact SFC within the appropriate time period will result in the Booking being maintained and no
refund/ amendment offered, regardless as to whether receipt of the communication was acknowledged by
the Client.

So they give you a time to cancel it seems? ...which seems reasonable.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 11:34:14 AM by ripple11 » Logged
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2018, 11:35:48 AM »

I found out the game was cancelled from a friend and not the hospitality team.

In our comms I was sent a booking form but no T&C. The booking form says that T&C are available at request and after some digging the T&C are also available on the website.

Further comms:

Hi Matt,

Two questions I forgot to ask on the phone. Are drinks included and is this match subject to change time/dates?

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Dan,

Drinks are not included in this package. A cash bar will operate in the Legends Lounge with table service.

We have not had the TV games published yet but I have also not had any news that this fixture will change so as far as I’m aware it will remain on the 17th Match – 3pm

<3 ENSUING
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2018, 11:41:33 AM »

I found out the game was cancelled from a friend and not the hospitality team.

In our comms I was sent a booking form but no T&C. The booking form says that T&C are available at request and after some digging the T&C are also available on the website.

Further comms:

Hi Matt,

Two questions I forgot to ask on the phone. Are drinks included and is this match subject to change time/dates?

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Dan,

Drinks are not included in this package. A cash bar will operate in the Legends Lounge with table service.

We have not had the TV games published yet but I have also not had any news that this fixture will change so as far as I’m aware it will remain on the 17th Match – 3pm

As said, Premier games often changes dates....so its very important the client is made aware of the T&C s at time of booking.....and Matt should have mentioned it as well!. Think you have a decent case for a refund....keep on it.
acegooner

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2018, 12:26:30 PM »

Regardless of the operators T&Cs, this is a classic example of why big ticket items should really be purchased by credit card. Section 75 consumer protection can often be a lifesaver.
mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2018, 12:47:41 PM »

You should have received a copy of the T&C with the booking form if you can prove you did not then you defo have an out.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2018, 07:51:53 PM »

Try drinking some water from the far side of the glass.

The older I get, the better I was.
engy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2018, 10:02:57 PM »

Try drinking some water from the far side of the glass.

Haha
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: