blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:24:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Full WCOAP Schedule + Portsmouth 25/25
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Full WCOAP Schedule + Portsmouth 25/25  (Read 15062 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2018, 11:42:37 AM »

^^^^

Ugly stuff.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2018, 12:22:52 PM »

Unlucky

Theres always mañana
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2018, 02:56:24 PM »

There were 3 tournaments that we ended up not playing in the schedule due to clashes. That means we have a refund of £171. If everyone can PM their bank details then I will get the %’s sent this week.

As always, thank you so much for the stakes. We ended up bricking the 9 tournament £729 schedule.

To put the week into context, I stay with some friends every year. This year, as a group, we had a total of 22 final table appearances, 2 outright wins, 6 silvers and 1 bronze. That included a 2nd and 5th in the main event.

Just a sick effort by everyone, it’s so fun playing for a whole week when your mates are going deep all around you.

I am quite self critical and I know I can get better. I can also recognise that I can’t be too critical of bricking 9 tournaments. Sample size and all that. Overall, I played fine, generally didn’t run well all week and just lost all the crucial big pots. Lost a huge pot before the final table of the tag team which would have put us in the top 3 stacks going in. Just ran into hands on the final table of the deepstack too and the final was so so soft. Really thought that was going to be the one.

I know I have lots of room for improvement. I definitely err on the side of thinking through hands and devising strategies in a “balanced” way. I.e. Lojack raise, hijack 3 bets and we have choices on the button. If we are going to 4 bet AA, KK, QQ, AK then we need to include some A10ss, A9ss, KQss as bluffs. That sort of thinking in general just might not be right for these sort of tournaments. Not that I was really making lots of big bluffs pre flop, it’s just a mindset thing. I think I can get better at that and in the right spots, play exploitatively with pre flop ranges and post flop bet sizings against the right villains.

I am so hungry to win something. I know something is round the corner, just got to keep learning and playing. Just loving the game at the moment.

I am going to play the Goliath later this year and will probably sell a small package combined with side events and APAT stuff. Also going to probably sell an approximately $400 SCOOP package and some other online stuff later in the year.

Thanks again guys, I really appreciate it. We will get em next time.
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2018, 04:44:34 PM »

Pleased you enjoyed it, thats what its all about

Any chance you can keep my return on account for another time please
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2018, 04:54:32 PM »

Pleased you enjoyed it, thats what its all about

Any chance you can keep my return on account for another time please

Of course, no problem.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2018, 05:20:54 PM »

Good write up Mark, thanks.

Have sent you a PM.

I'd certainly invest again if you offer another package.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: