blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:07:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Mortgage Brokers
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mortgage Brokers  (Read 2462 times)
Jon MW

View Profile
« on: March 08, 2018, 01:49:03 PM »

Does anyone have any experience of working with them?

Are they any good? i.e. Can they actually find things that you probably couldn't find yourself?

Any recommendations?

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 01:51:36 PM »

Does anyone have any experience of working with them?

Are they any good? i.e. Can they actually find things that you probably couldn't find yourself?

Any recommendations?

Highly recommend this guide and what Lewis says about brokers https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/mortgages/best-mortgages-cashback
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 05:06:10 PM »

I work with one every day, and he's not too bad... My old man has been in the FS industry since he left the mob in 87 Cheesy

He's at a client's house now, and won't be home until midnight, but could get him to give you a call over the weekend if you want some questions answered.

mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 05:25:02 PM »

A decent mortgage broker is well worth it. Though it does depend on how much you want to borrow, there are still companies that will do a 100% and lend you more than the traditional mortgage lender at nearly the same rate.

There are also companies that will allow you to port your mortgage, ie you have a facility to borrow £250,000 but only need £200,000 when you decide to move you have the flexibility to take the additional 50k without having to reapply for another mortgage. As long as the value of the property is correct.

All the above is relevant to how much you want to borrow - anything under £200K you are probably better off just going down the traditional route.
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 07:09:08 PM »

Moneysaving expert is a great resource  thumbs up

I work with one every day, and he's not too bad... My old man has been in the FS industry since he left the mob in 87 Cheesy

He's at a client's house now, and won't be home until midnight, but could get him to give you a call over the weekend if you want some questions answered.

We have a substantial deposit, our basic problem seems to be the mortgage 'stress test' is a bit harsh on the multiples we're getting offered - I've sent you a PM Marky; it might be that he can give some advice that you could relay back by PM as well but the detail is in the PM.

2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 01:11:37 AM »

I’ve used these guys the last 3 or 4 times I’ve switched mortgage and found them to have a good and professional service.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2018, 03:53:15 AM »

I’ve used these guys the last 3 or 4 times I’ve switched mortgage and found them to have a good and professional service.

https://www.landc.co.uk/home/?utm_expid=.bJ3MabtoR3ib4Yqjwli4Vw.1&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co.uk%2F
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2018, 08:34:17 AM »

https://www.landc.co.uk/home/?utm_expid=.bJ3MabtoR3ib4Yqjwli4Vw.1&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co.uk%2F

Thanks, and they're one which is on the Money Saving Expert recommendation list so might be a good place to start  thumbs up

2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: