blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:46:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Match.com?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Match.com?  (Read 1812 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2018, 10:21:53 AM »

After spending a year in space, astronaut's DNA no longer matches that of his identical twin, NASA finds

http://ktla.com/2018/03/14/astronauts-dna-no-longer-matches-his-identical-twins-after-year-spent-in-space-nasa-finds/

incredible right?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 10:57:22 AM »

That's bizarre.

Wonder what that's all about, assuming it is true?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 01:20:57 PM »

That's bizarre.

Wonder what that's all about, assuming it is true?

I don't know, but I bet a flux capacitor and the space-time continuum are involved.

The older I get, the better I was.
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 01:33:03 PM »

Sounds like a lot of it is to do with epigenetics - this is probably what all the talk about proteins is.

I sent a link to Science Wife - she doesn't really like human biology but she might be interested enough to actually provide some insight Smiley

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 01:44:45 PM »

Sounds like a lot of it is to do with epigenetics - this is probably what all the talk about proteins is.

I sent a link to Science Wife - she doesn't really like human biology but she might be interested enough to actually provide some insight Smiley

Haha. Does she know we call her Science Wife now?

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2018, 07:21:58 PM »

She tells me she is greatly offended to be linked with the inferior sciences of Chemistry and Physics when she has a 1st in Biology - Biology Wife doesn't really seem ..... right though(?)

She's also not that interested in human biology but is always interested in pointing out how stupid journalists are.

She said the article is like the journalist had a hat full of biology words and picked them out at random. The person who wrote definitely didn't seem to know the difference between mutation (a random change in the DNA sequence) and differences in gene expression (the amount of a protein produced) .

The things that the astronaut experienced seemed quite reasonable for the situation he was in - that's not likely to be random, hence not mutations; more likely to be to do with epigenetics.

The study itself was probably fine, and probably tells us important things to help with the future of space travel but the article is written so badly she's not sure quite what the study actually found - the content of the article doesn't really match up with the headline.

2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2018, 07:35:43 PM »

She tells me she is greatly offended to be linked with the inferior sciences of Chemistry and Physics when she has a 1st in Biology - Biology Wife doesn't really seem ..... right though(?)

She's also not that interested in human biology but is always interested in pointing out how stupid journalists are.

She said the article is like the journalist had a hat full of biology words and picked them out at random. The person who wrote definitely didn't seem to know the difference between mutation (a random change in the DNA sequence) and differences in gene expression (the amount of a protein produced) .

The things that the astronaut experienced seemed quite reasonable for the situation he was in - that's not likely to be random, hence not mutations; more likely to be to do with epigenetics.

The study itself was probably fine, and probably tells us important things to help with the future of space travel but the article is written so badly she's not sure quite what the study actually found - the content of the article doesn't really match up with the headline.

Tell her I meant no offence, I just like clever women.

We could change it to Biorella if she prefers...

Click to see full-size image.

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2018, 08:10:55 PM »

Tell her I meant no offence, I just like clever women.

We could change it to Biorella if she prefers...

Click to see full-size image.

You're her favourite now Wink , we both approve of the picture - she wouldn't want to confuse anyone by changing names though so Science Wife it is Smiley

2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: