blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:43:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  "I bought shares of a tour pro for one year"
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "I bought shares of a tour pro for one year"  (Read 1759 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: April 15, 2018, 10:17:36 AM »

really interesting and well written

i didn't know there was staking in golf

I bought shares of a tour pro for one year. Here's what happened... http://bit.ly/2BUBwUh

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 10:29:42 AM »

It's fairly commonplace with younger pros as the exes are high especially on the European tour where travel, hotels etc soon add up.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 10:54:35 AM »

Enjoyable and interesting read.

It's really speculative, but it'd be fun to do, & the risk of getting scammed - which was my initial concern - ebbed away when I compare it with poker staking. We can & often do invest much larger amounts in poker staking, & it's almost always done without any form of written Contract. OK, a Contract does not guarantee we get paid, but it's sure safer than the relaxed way we but and sell in poker.

Not sure I'd want to invest in Dave Coupland, even though he seems a decent sort, its pretty unusual for a guy of his age to suddenly break through, so for me, I'd prefer a promising youngster, late teens or early twenties.

Enjoyed that, thanks Tighty.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 11:06:48 AM »

Seem to remember Justin Rose doing it back when he was starting out as a pro and struggling...
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 11:11:18 AM »

Seem to remember Justin Rose doing it back when he was starting out as a pro and struggling...

Seem to remember when he first turned Pro, it was all uphill for him, & missed the first xty cuts. You'd need to have been brave to stick with him after that. Turned out pretty damn well in the end though.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2018, 11:13:35 AM »

It's usually pros who win their tour card for the first time and don't come from a wealthy background who sell shares.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2018, 11:35:04 AM »

Totally standard in pro tennis as well.  Always the reason why when a new young kid from Eastern Europe/South America makes it to centre court at Wimbledon there is some random old guy who doesn't fit in with the rest of the players box.  That's usually the staker.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: