blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:40:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  "Klopp is one of the greatest tacticians in football + more than equal to Pep"
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Klopp is one of the greatest tacticians in football + more than equal to Pep"  (Read 2810 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: April 25, 2018, 11:22:14 AM »

says this

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/04/25/liverpools-jurgen-klopp-one-greatest-tacticians-modern-football/

the brilliant high press, the greater balance the side has without Coutinho, overcoming a suspect back 5...

discuss

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
kp24

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 09:45:06 PM »

Wow tough one that klopp does seem to have the wood over pep but shows you have difficult it is to do to city as they looked fantastic apart from a few games for Liverpool I do think klopp has shown the way to do its much easier said than done in my opinion.I think city have been fantastic this season bu still think centre back is a weakness and having no left back hasn’t helped in them games it’s a massive credit to pep you’ve managed delph to do a job there.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 10:03:24 PM »

Liverpoo are probably Pep's bogey-team. 

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 10:09:37 PM »

Wow tough one that klopp does seem to have the wood over pep but shows you have difficult it is to do to city as they looked fantastic apart from a few games for Liverpool I do think klopp has shown the way to do its much easier said than done in my opinion.I think city have been fantastic this season bu still think centre back is a weakness and having no left back hasn’t helped in them games it’s a massive credit to pep you’ve managed delph to do a job there.

Who's conceded the fewest goals in the league this season?

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2018, 10:15:55 PM »

Klopp is undoubtedly a very good manager, and yes he seems to have the measure of Pep more often than not.

If only he could get the measure of the West Broms, Burnleys, Watfords and Swanseas then maybe Liverpool wouldn't be 19 points behind City having played a game more.

Best Bitter.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2018, 12:03:12 AM »

says this

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/04/25/liverpools-jurgen-klopp-one-greatest-tacticians-modern-football/

the brilliant high press, the greater balance the side has without Coutinho, overcoming a suspect back 5...

discuss

Nice hyperbole from the Liverpool supporting Bascombe in that article. TBF there has been plenty of OTT stuff about Guardiola this season as well...

I really like Klopp and how Liverpool play  but it's a shame he hasn't been able to convert his tactical genius to good results in  games against the best sides in the PL this season. And all with the best player in the world right now in his side.

Click to see full-size image.
Commercial Photography

Archer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2018, 12:22:33 AM »

Certainly, City have looked defensively vulnerable against Liverpool and that is the nature of the beast of high line defending playing into Liverpool's hands . But, s hyy says, we do have the best defensive record in the league and we've restricted opponents to the fewest attempts on target in the league since records began. Sure, a lot of that is due to high possession and our own brilliant press, but our record in structured defensive positions has been excellent and not really commented on - just 2 goals conceded all season in the league from corners and set-pieces.

The Kings of Kiev beckons for you anyway which would obviously be brilliant for Liverpool supporters and English football in general. Exciting times.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 12:24:56 AM by Archer » Logged
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2018, 07:12:07 AM »

Its so good that their styles clash so beautifully.

Be great to see the the competitiveness expand to city having a genuine rival for the league as well as in their individual games.

Pep might edge him, but there's no chasm and I might just prefer to watch klopps team in the big games. Again no chasm. Spoilt for choice

kp24

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2018, 01:38:23 PM »

A lot of that is down the amount of possession City have when player the bigger teams I personally think they still look a bit dodgy at the back it’s not helped that your best centre back is always injured (kompany) and although otamendi has been much better this season still think he’s rash and has a mistake in him plus having mendy will be like a new signing next season.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2018, 01:46:54 PM »

Otamendi is fine Kompany been given a free pass for years mainly because he is a great bloke and does loads of good work cant have as many persistent injuries as him and perform consistently at the top level.

When Demechelis was there he got the blame for everything when very often it was Kompany at fault.

Anyway back to the question, not yet not sure where the great clamour for the "tactics" against Roma came from. Against one of the slower defences in Italy playing a high line I think Sam Allardyce would have figured out playing over the top would be an advantage. Glenn Hoddle was banging on about within 15 minutes, point made.

kp24

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2018, 03:50:58 PM »

Otamendi is fine Kompany been given a free pass for years mainly because he is a great bloke and does loads of good work cant have as many persistent injuries as him and perform consistently at the top level.

When Demechelis was there he got the blame for everything when very often it was Kompany at fault.

Anyway back to the question, not yet not sure where the great clamour for the "tactics" against Roma came from. Against one of the slower defences in Italy playing a high line I think Sam Allardyce would have figured out playing over the top would be an advantage. Glenn Hoddle was banging on about within 15 minutes, point made.

I was at the at the game couldn’t believe what Roma was doing myself I said to my mate the ball over the top is on all the time
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2018, 04:13:30 PM »

I was at the at the game couldn’t believe what Roma was doing myself I said to my mate the ball over the top is on all the time

They played the same line against Barca (second leg) and obviously it worked, slight difference in pace mind!

Going away from subject but same issue Argentina have they have some good defenders but perhaps not good defenders in playing a high line like the coach has always done and wants to do again.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2018, 06:39:50 PM »

A lot of that is down the amount of possession City have when player the bigger teams I personally think they still look a bit dodgy at the back it’s not helped that your best centre back is always injured (kompany) and although otamendi has been much better this season still think he’s rash and has a mistake in him plus having mendy will be like a new signing next season.

Not allowing the opposition to have the ball is a defensive tactic in itself, and one which City execute very well. If we've not conceded many goals due to having the majority of possession, that doesn't mean we are dodgy at the back. Quite the opposite.

If you're basing your opinion solely on our games vs Liverpool this season then I can see why you'd think what you think. Or perhaps you believe the tabloid guff from the likes of Merson who always likes to claim City's defence can be ''got at''.

In reality we are ridiculously solid at the back. We hardly ever concede from set pieces. We limit teams to so few chances. There are numerous games this season where Ederson has been a spectator for 90 minutes. You say we look dodgy vs the ''bigger teams'' but we've beaten Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs home and away this year, conceding just 3 goals in those 6 fixtures. Dodgy? Or is that viewpoint just based on the 10 minute spell at Anfield where we went to shit?

Otamendi is probably our best defender, the guy has been incredible this year, a real rock at the back.

I'll agree with you on Mendy Smiley he looked more than a tad rusty (understandably) when he came on vs Swansea though!

Best Bitter.
kp24

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2018, 08:19:34 PM »

Not allowing the opposition to have the ball is a defensive tactic in itself, and one which City execute very well. If we've not conceded many goals due to having the majority of possession, that doesn't mean we are dodgy at the back. Quite the opposite.

If you're basing your opinion solely on our games vs Liverpool this season then I can see why you'd think what you think. Or perhaps you believe the tabloid guff from the likes of Merson who always likes to claim City's defence can be ''got at''.

In reality we are ridiculously solid at the back. We hardly ever concede from set pieces. We limit teams to so few chances. There are numerous games this season where Ederson has been a spectator for 90 minutes. You say we look dodgy vs the ''bigger teams'' but we've beaten Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs home and away this year, conceding just 3 goals in those 6 fixtures. Dodgy? Or is that viewpoint just based on the 10 minute spell at Anfield where we went to shit?

Otamendi is probably our best defender, the guy has been incredible this year, a real rock at the back.

I'll agree with you on Mendy Smiley he looked more than a tad rusty (understandably) when he came on vs Swansea though!

It isn’t just based on the Liverpool games,watch a hell of a lot of football I think otamendi has vastly improved this season but still stand by what I said earlier it only a small criticism of City this season they have been fantastic this season the best team in the country by a mile.
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2018, 08:31:14 PM »

says this

discuss

Nice hyperbole from the Liverpool supporting Bascombe in that article. TBF there has been plenty of OTT stuff about Guardiola this season as well...

I really like Klopp and how Liverpool play  but it's a shame he hasn't been able to convert his tactical genius to good results in  games against the best sides in the PL this season. And all with the best player in the world right now in his side.

Click to see full-size image.
Commercial Photography

any chance of showing that graphic from last season.....
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: