blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 09:21:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272431 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Stuart Rutter, WSOP 2018 package, selling at 1.0
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 ... 75 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stuart Rutter, WSOP 2018 package, selling at 1.0  (Read 140800 times)
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #600 on: June 15, 2018, 11:28:44 AM »

Of all the things that are impressive and there are lots of things, I just love how much it comes across that you have a completely even temperament. Very best of luck for the rest of the series and thank you for the incredible updates and insight.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #601 on: June 15, 2018, 11:37:42 AM »

There's a funny video Bedi put up on fb if anyone knows how to put it here?

If not its basically friedmann getting his bracelet and George saying well done, before panning round to Stu.

I laughed too much.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #602 on: June 15, 2018, 01:11:48 PM »

There's a funny video Bedi put up on fb if anyone knows how to put it here?

If not its basically friedmann getting his bracelet and George saying well done, before panning round to Stu.

I laughed too much.

as usual it's Georges laugh that really makes it. 
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #603 on: June 16, 2018, 02:50:44 AM »

George has now taken our final two spots at the Lagasse Stadium for the England game on Monday. What are the odds that the second spot is reserved for his new friend Adam Friedmann?
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #604 on: June 16, 2018, 03:34:34 AM »

The numbers so far

A quick catch up, on the first (and hopefully only!) day off.

Cashes so far- $14,912, $4,311, $181,258, $15,229

Total cashes- $215,710

Missed events- $17,250

Added events played so far $5,000 satellite to the PPC.

Total missed minus added events $12,250

I will now add all four $10k events that were originally "maybes." So, total guaranteed minimum value of package is $215,710 + $12,250 - $40,000 = $187,960

Guaranteed minimum profit is therefore $187,960- $113,750 = $74,210

Any stakers who would like an inital "so far" payment, do let me know and I'll send an appropriate round number to UK bank account.
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #605 on: June 16, 2018, 04:14:14 AM »

Today's event: day off

I would normally be kicking and screaming to have a day off from the WSOP, but leaving today as the potential one was a no brainer as the choice, as Gem arrived today.

That last 13 days has been full immersion, and I've loved that; any feeling of weariness is only short-lived, and replaced by the next event to look forward to. So, a day off, if nothing else, is useful in upping the excitment level in what is to come. Still, so many events in different forms of the game, with tomorrow mix of three Omaha hi-lo games being the classic example.

The WSOP gets me as soon as you walk down the Rio corridoors towards it. Now, there are more and more Brits arriving into town, and it's really easy to piggyback onto their enthusiasm.

If luck was "fair," I would get the opposite end of the deck to the lucky end that I have so far received. Thankfully, however, luck has no memory, and the experiences thus far have only increased my excitement at the chance to go deep again.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #606 on: June 16, 2018, 04:25:01 AM »

George has now taken our final two spots at the Lagasse Stadium for the England game on Monday. What are the odds that the second spot is reserved for his new friend Adam Friedmann?

Cheesy

I'll be watching that from my pit, so have a couple jagers for me!

Have a great weekend, and good luck in the next comp, Stu.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #607 on: June 16, 2018, 07:34:12 AM »

Today's event: day off

I would normally be kicking and screaming to have a day off from the WSOP, but leaving today as the potential one was a no brainer as the choice, as Gem arrived today.

That last 13 days has been full immersion, and I've loved that; any feeling of weariness is only short-lived, and replaced by the next event to look forward to. So, a day off, if nothing else, is useful in upping the excitment level in what is to come. Still, so many events in different forms of the game, with tomorrow mix of three Omaha hi-lo games being the classic example.

The WSOP gets me as soon as you walk down the Rio corridoors towards it. Now, there are more and more Brits arriving into town, and it's really easy to piggyback onto their enthusiasm.

If luck was "fair," I would get the opposite end of the deck to the lucky end that I have so far received. Thankfully, however, luck has no memory, and the experiences thus far have only increased my excitement at the chance to go deep again.

Your updates has been exciting and a good insight into your personality to those of us that dont know you very well.

The above post tells me the luck you are getting is fully warranted sir, and long may it continue.

Keep it going.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Numpty Dumpty

View Profile
« Reply #608 on: June 16, 2018, 09:09:54 AM »

Enjoy your day off bab!

Fully deserved

X
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #609 on: June 17, 2018, 12:02:03 AM »

$1500 mixed Omaha hilo

They're all fun, but this stands out as one of the most fun.

The mix is 4card pot limit, then the 4 card limit, then 5card pot limit (Big O).

Will try to give some key principles and random thoughts on as we go, Iets see how many we can get to.

Principle 1

Maybe the most common mistake will be people overvaluing hands in the 5card Big O, partly aided by the comparison of the 4card pot limit game.

Compare the two hands Two Clubs in 4card, and
Two Clubs in 5 card. The the difference is bigger than it seems. In five card there are 5 different ways you can be dealt the four card hand of AK52 one suit (all but the 1st card, all but the 2nd, etc). So if getting that combo is five times more likely, it's made further weak by the fact that its not only a nine that is added, but a nine that doesn't create a second suit. And so that it is 5card Two Clubs, whilst still probably playable, is not quite what it seems.

First level is small, but got 6,900 after half an hour

easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #610 on: June 17, 2018, 12:47:27 AM »

1500 mixed Omaha hilo

5card PLO. Got counterfeited on the river.

Two limps at 25-50, I raise pot to 275 with two hearts. Both blinds and limpers call, five way. Pot 1375.

Flop three clubs. Four checks. Just low draw, chance of blasting off four is too small. I check.

Turn three clubs . Nut low, nut flush draw. Big blind bets a small 600 into 1375, and first limper calls. I could now definitely raise the pot, and obviously be prepared to go with my hand all in. I will have 7 outs for definite high, 2 outs (board pairing heart) for possible high, and three other outs for probable split (non heart for wheel). 6 cards will counterfeit my low (with slightly less weighting, given aces are more likely out)

Its very close, and so I decide on a variance reducing call.

River is three clubs Two Clubs. Nasty. I still play a live ace for low, but the limper bets pot. It could be a nice move with just a straight (and me having the better low), but it's A4 to scoop me enough of the time, that I have to fold.

Which is good timing (if we assume it's a heads up pot) for.

Principle 2

On a heads up river, if you have a hand that is potentially good one way and face a pot sized bet, you must have at least  2/3rds of a chance of being good to make it at least break even to call. Because you will either lose a pot bet, or or gain half of the pot in the middle, the odds are 1 to 2 on, hence needing to be 2/3rds sure.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 12:53:17 AM by easypickings » Logged
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #611 on: June 17, 2018, 02:34:06 AM »

$1500 Omaha hilo

Not great, 4,900

Principle 3

In the pot limit games, it's fine to limp EP and MP with playable hands.

Steal equity is limited, and with hand equities running close, it is often better to keep a big stack to pot ratio to try to make a good judgement on the flop.
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #612 on: June 17, 2018, 02:45:33 AM »

$1500 Mixed Omaha hilo

Coolered for a quarter.

A min raise to 200 UTG, I have and make it 600. The button cold calls, and the original raiser calls.

Flop two spades (nut low, second nut high)

Check, I check, button bets 700. Raiser calls, I call.

Turn two spades . Near perfect card. (two pair, a straight, nut flush draw, nut low)

Original raiser pots for 4200. I under call for 4,025 all in. Button folds

The original raiser does have the lot- AT963 for the flopped 6-high straight.

The river is for half the pot, and I need a spade, 7 or 5 to win the high half, and 6 to split it.

No good, it's .

Down to 3,100.
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #613 on: June 17, 2018, 03:14:24 AM »

1500 Omaha hilo

Can't think of much at all that I would have changed, but down to 1,400.
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #614 on: June 17, 2018, 04:07:18 AM »

$1500 Omaha hilo

Back up to 7,200. Knocked out a shortie with a    on vs his first  Two Clubs Two Diamonds
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 ... 75 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: