blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:45:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Amazon Dot
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Amazon Dot  (Read 1182 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« on: May 15, 2018, 09:22:34 PM »

Just been given a free one and have been pissing around with it tonight. Clueless about what it can do but tried the usual music and question stuff, anyone know any other interesting things it can do?

Would be nice if it can control my TV I guess  Smiley I guess bringing me a beer from the fridge is too much to ask at this stage...... 
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 09:25:04 PM by Woodsey » Logged
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 11:07:42 PM »

If you have an Amazon firestick or TV you can indeed control TV from you Dot.

Ah! The element of surprise
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 11:15:17 PM »

Don't you need a hub for it to link to the tele?  I have a Harmony remote that came with a hub and it links up nicely. I ask it to turn the tele on and it turns the tele on, the amp on and puts the Sky box on BBC1 for me.  Also turns it off again.   I've set a few favourite channels so you can ask for those to be turned on but to be honest, it's easier to just change the channel.

If you get a smart plug you can get it to turn that plug on and off which is good.  We have an electric blanket plugged into one (for the Mrs obv) and the living room lamp.  It's also handy for setting timers.  Will link up to Spotify too or Amazon music but not iTunes.  You can get news reports, weather etc through it.   Have a glance at what skills are available for it.  There's not a tonne but some are OK.  It interacts with smart home devices really well but can make fart noises for you too if you like

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 07:55:20 AM »

No idea about any of that mate, just literally plugged it in last night and was playing around. Will have a look at those various things this weekend  Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: