blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 12:31:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272572 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Time for Liverpool to get Real
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Time for Liverpool to get Real  (Read 8981 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2018, 10:16:27 AM »

I was very disappointed with Jordan Henderson

of course up against a world class midfield but completely anonymous. Didn't bode too well for this summer

Conversely I though Robertson and Alexander-Arnold performed really well. much to like about both players

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2018, 10:30:11 AM »

A lot has been written about post game

Three RM players went over to console Karius, not a single Liverpool player did

Karius was in bits, but still went over to his fans a bit later

You win and lose together as a team don't you? what was wrong with giving him a word or two rather than (probably not deliberately) ostracising him?

Things like this can be damaging to the individual leaving aside he's a football player.

I think back to Enke (great book by the way) who struggled so much with depression and i hope the club stands by and supports Karius even if they don't have him as first choice next season

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2018, 10:30:13 AM »

There's not a team I've enjoyed watching more this year than Liverpool.

There's so little middle ground for them even within a game they span comedy and brilliance often from minute to minute.

Keegan's Newcastle on juice

Ha. Yup, 100% agree.

Always a fun watch.

More of the same, please.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2018, 10:38:26 AM »

Liverpool were the better team until the Salah injury. Unless he has broken his collar bone, i thought he should have carried on. Just get it straooed up, as it the biggest game of his life  Disapointing that he came off .
Pretty sure Ramos knew what he was doing though, as he locked Salahs arm when he fell, and Salah had to go with the fall.
Once Salah came off, Marcelo was able to play another 20 yards upfield, and the game totally changed.

As for the Madrid goals, they were all one in a million goals.  The much maligned Liverpool back 4 were excellent, but there is nothing you can do when your keeper throws in 2 goals.
There is no way that Karius can play for us again. How can the rest of the team have faith in a keeper who has done that? The goalkeeping coach should be looked at as well, as the 2nd error was just basic technique.

Really?

I'm sure Salah would've loved to have continued (and he did come back on for a moment) but he was in very obvious discomfort and that's not good for him or the team to crack on in those circumstances.

Bit ridiculous to say he should've just got on with it if it wasn't a breakage.

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2018, 10:39:56 AM »

You win and lose together as a team don't you? what was wrong with giving him a word or two rather than (probably not deliberately) ostracising him?

Things like this can be damaging to the individual leaving aside he's a football player.

I think back to Enke (great book by the way) who struggled so much with depression and i hope the club stands by and supports Karius even if they don't have him as first choice next season

Agreed its a great book, albeit very sad.....but that is quite a leap there Tighty!

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2018, 10:41:18 AM »

I'm 100% sure Salah would have stayed on if he could.

From watching him all season, he never feigns injury, & seems to just want to get on with the game & play.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2018, 10:43:30 AM »

Agreed its a great book, albeit very sad.....but that is quite a leap there Tighty!

maybe, but last night will live with him. He'll need support and i didn't think being left to fend for himself in the aftermath by his team-mates was a great start

My eyes are open wide
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2018, 10:46:27 AM »

maybe, but last night will live with him. He'll need support and i didn't think being left to fend for himself in the aftermath by his team-mates was a great start

Agreed.

You'll never walk alone eh?

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2018, 10:48:03 AM »

Agreed.

You'll never walk alone eh?

Ha.

T & C's apply, clearly.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2018, 11:08:23 AM »

"A piece on Loris Karius, who was left to walk alone last night. Terrible mistakes — we can all agree on that, like we can agree LFC need a top-class goalkeeper. Can we also agree he’ll be suffering enough without “death threats” from keyboard warriors?"

Oliver Kay in the times

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/08e6ae92-613e-11e8-944f-627fac6f8256

My eyes are open wide
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2018, 11:18:52 AM »

Found it very strange only the unused squad players went over to the keeper

The first one was silly but even so a one in a million thing obviously last one was a rick

Can see what you are saying re Enke but from memory of his excellent book his loss of his child seemed to heighten things the pressure of Barca then topped it up
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2018, 11:19:59 AM »

Liverpool fans covering themselves in glory again with online threats to Karius.  What with attacking the Man City team bus its been quite a season.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2018, 11:26:37 AM »

Liverpool fans covering themselves in glory again with online threats to Karius.  What with attacking the Man City team bus its been quite a season.

Lovely bunch of fans eh.

Maybe it's their year next season.

Best Bitter.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2018, 12:07:40 PM »

Lovely bunch of fans eh.

Maybe it's their year next season.

Disgraceful scenes..so glad I got to watch the whole game yesterday ..Liverpool ran around a lot for 25 mins but a stretch to say they were the better team even at that point.

sola virtus nobilitat
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2018, 01:20:43 PM »

Karius gives their pedestrians an easy out.

For all their pluckiness Madrid were able to affect the game by bringing on arguably one of the best players britain has ever produced; klopp had to weigh up the pros and cons of sending on Danny Ings
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: